Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #61
hat?!
Webkinz :)

Tcat77 is a glorious beacon of lightTcat77 is a glorious beacon of lightTcat77 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Please read! Iconator is a bad site!

Thanks for this. I never really went on the sit, but I never really knew it had viruses either. I believe I have a few avatars from there saved, so I'm going to delete them right away.
Tcat77 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #62
♥DREAM♥ of bunnies

swimfast551 is just really niceswimfast551 is just really nice

thanks for the warning! i had a couple from there and just deleted them. make sure you delete them for your recycling bin too... because otherwise theyre still on your computer.
swimfast551 is offline Female
Old 04-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #63
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

I'm so happy that I informed over 50 people with my thread! thanks all for reading!
SophieKinz is offline Female
Old 04-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #64
This Time

webkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzfan32 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for this warning!
webkinzfan32 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #65
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

No problem everyone!!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #66
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

I use iconator, but not often (as i hardly change my avatar). But our Desktop computer is packed with at least 200 pics from me. xD My flash drive has a few too.
Anyways, i have saved a few avvies from iconator on my laptop, which i got 6 months ago, and it works as well as it did from day 1.
A few days ago, my laptop had an error while starting up, so I ran 2 different virus scans. One from by Windows and one by Trend-Micro Titanium security. Both came up as 0 Threats/ viruses. 100% clean.

I have seen that iconator is unsafe, but plenty of websites are, especially big ones like iconator, tinypic, addictinggames, ect. because they are used often and easy targets.

If you aren't a computer nerd (like me ) I would agree with Sophies statement- stay away. But if you know how to look for these things (ex. using Google Chromes "Inspect Element" tool) then iconator is okay if you're cautious.

This is all just my side / opinion though.
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 04-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #67
Gifted

webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent
webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent

Thanks for the heads-up! I don't go on icon sites, but I'm sure this is a great reminder for people who do.
webkinzmania44 is offline Male
Old 04-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #68
SophieRecords!

View Post Originally Posted by Googlesboogles
I use iconator, but not often (as i hardly change my avatar). But our Desktop computer is packed with at least 200 pics from me. xD My flash drive has a few too.
Anyways, i have saved a few avvies from iconator on my laptop, which i got 6 months ago, and it works as well as it did from day 1.
A few days ago, my laptop had an error while starting up, so I ran 2 different virus scans. One from by Windows and one by Trend-Micro Titanium security. Both came up as 0 Threats/ viruses. 100% clean.

I have seen that iconator is unsafe, but plenty of websites are, especially big ones like iconator, tinypic, addictinggames, ect. because they are used often and easy targets.

If you aren't a computer nerd (like me ) I would agree with Sophies statement- stay away. But if you know how to look for these things (ex. using Google Chromes "Inspect Element" tool) then iconator is okay if you're cautious.

This is all just my side / opinion though.
The website has viruses. Not exactly the icons. But they still probably do. A lot of virus scans don't get things Iconor because it's very sneaky.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #69
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

Yeah, I got 3 major viruses from there and my computer crashed those 3 times :/
My virus blockers rate it dangerous too...
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #70

MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!MissSimplicity is the cats pajamas!

What if you just save them as a photo, but don't download them?
MissSimplicity is offline Female
Closed

Tags
<(^^.)>slu-nail-urtle-oth, a blue-dog-frog was here, alley&kate&ali, i love my webbies! <3, james is mangarine, jellydonut!, shootforthemoon♥, small was here :], soa, virus.com is not a virus!, you are beautiful!, you are beautiful(: