Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #21
Goofball
Gift Guru

volleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roost

Default Re: Please post in the right section of the forum

I agree with you that it's annoying but it's okay to make mistakes. I don't think at all that it's intentional. If you see it again, just tell them about it but kindly.
volleyuup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #22
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
Pianolover - one thing to remember - light green is almost impossible to read - I'm sure you have some good points based on the response to your thread but I cannot read anything you have written.
Thank you for mentioning the light green color. That was well written. Unfortunately, I must skip everything written in light green. I can't see it, either.

As a new member, it can be challenging to choose the correct area to post a new thread. There are only four sentences in the rules on this topic. This gives me the general idea, but I can see where someone would be confused and use the "wrong" section.

I would like to see the members who can see a problem to help create a solution. Can there be more description added to the rules? Is there a "how to guide" on it? Can there be a list of the topic areas with a description of what goes in each one? It would be very helpful to have many examples of a thread question with what is the appropriate place to put it.
AuntietoEW is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #23
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by AuntietoEW
Thank you for mentioning the light green color. That was well written. Unfortunately, I must skip everything written in light green. I can't see it, either.

As a new member, it can be challenging to choose the correct area to post a new thread. There are only four sentences in the rules on this topic. This gives me the general idea, but I can see where someone would be confused and use the "wrong" section.

I would like to see the members who can see a problem to help create a solution. Can there be more description added to the rules? Is there a "how to guide" on it? Can there be a list of the topic areas with a description of what goes in each one? It would be very helpful to have many examples of a thread question with what is the appropriate place to put it.
Reading the description under each section on the main forum page should give you a clue...

Somebody Help! (11 Viewing)
Post your WI forum or Webkinz World problems here! Check out our Guides and How-to's here as well!

Then there are subforums in that section - Suggestions for WW (where you post ideas, etc for inside WW.) The Guides & How To's section is full of answers to lots of common WI questions - how to post pics, how reputation works, etc.

General Discussion / Chat (55 Viewing)
Feel free to talk about anything Webkinz-related!

Read the subforum descriptions to figure out what goes in each (pretty self-explainatory) Any threads about the trading rooms or clubhouse go in the clubhouse section. Want to show off an item you won in WW or a new pet? Go to "Look What I Got!"

Trading Cards & Accessories (5 Viewing)
Post your questions & info and chat about the new Webkinz trading cards and accessories (lip gloss, mousepads)!

There's a whole section dedicated to the curio shop, for all your rare and gem hunt Q's. There's a game setion for tips and Q's about game strategy and trophies. A section for the Stadium, the Academy, Charm Forrest, Star Challenge, Travel Agency, etc.

Want to invite people to your WW house or visit someone else's? Hit up the "It's a Party" section.

Have a question totally unrelated to Webkinz or WI? You'll likely feel at home in Open Mike.

Before starting any new thread, read through all the forum categories, and try to find one that fits it best. If you still aren't sure, you can always PM a staff member for guidance.
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #24
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Bonsai
It's against the rules to post in the wrong sections.

If it's something minor, like a "Look at my new Goldfish!" post in General, no biggie. A mod usually eventually moves it anyway, and it is at least Webkinz related, so I wouldn't flag it.

But an "Ewww, OMG, HELP! I got a pimple. What do I do???" thread in "Somebody Help" is getting a flag from me. If something obviously does not belong, there's no harm in flagging it. It just speeds up the process, since a mod eventually would have moved it anyway.
I believe the Flag is there for serious matters. Such as fighting, spamming, blah blah blah.
But what if the person simply made a mistake? You should just post on the thread telling them politely it's in the wrong section, then asking a mod or admin by profile message to move it.

Idk, just what I think.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #25
Gifted

pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

Oh, and sorry for the Light Green text. I didn't realize it was that hard to read.
pianolover is offline Female
Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #26
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Yes, I do agree. I also do agree with Bonsai. I've been seeing so many threads the say 'moved' on them. Before I made my first thread, it's a good idea to check what you have written and to be sure that it's in the right place. Good point!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #27
you're not alone
Webkinz :)

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I agree,but a few times I have acsedenitly put stuff in the wrong section by ACSEDENT!
I but it is stuff like webkinz related to webkinz i put in GD and it had to be moved to the style section i DO try to put my posts in the appropriate place though.
~mm
minimaid is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 PM   #28
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
I believe the Flag is there for serious matters. Such as fighting, spamming, blah blah blah.
But what if the person simply made a mistake? You should just post on the thread telling them politely it's in the wrong section, then asking a mod or admin by profile message to move it.

Idk, just what I think.
Just my opinion, but I don't think mistakes excuse themselves just by their very nature. It's also simply a mistake when someone posts their grade or age in a thread, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be flagged.

The flag is used to bring a post/thread to a mod's attention. That's it. It's used to alert mods of WW news items (first adoption of a new pet, someone found a new trophy, there's a new item in the w-shop, etc.) as well as "problem posts." This includes everything from spam to ages or grade levels, and yes, even threads that are very obviously in the wrong section. In my opinion, most threads aren't worth flagging if they're in the wrong section - but some are.

Non-webkinz stuff being posted in Somebody Help! is a huge pet peeve of mine, and of many others as well. Some stuff is no biggie, but a thread titled "OMG HELP!" about what someone should wear to the school dance, for example, does not belong in that section and ought to be moved ASAP. Threads like that, when posted in the wrong section, waste the time of those looking through threads to find an answer and of those trying to help people with their WI/WW problems. I don't believe a flag is uncalled for in that case.

Same if a contest thread is posted outside of the contest section. It's against the rules. It deserves a flag. Or a dragon egg thread in the Curio Shop section. If I see it, I'm flagging it. Sorry, but flags are private (between reporting members and the recieveing mods) for a reason. All of WW doesn't need to know what you flag or why. If someone is an inappropriate or overzealous flagger, I'm sure a mod will PM them to ask that they ease up.

Last edited by Bonsai; 10-26-2008 at 10:59 PM..
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #29
hy not smile!?!
Webkinz :)

poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!poguee_smiles is not just visiting!

I think I have probably posted in the wrong section a couple of times - it is hard to figure out how to make your own thread when you are first starting out - maybe there should/ could be an easier way esp. for newcomers!!!! I think it actually reads "New Topic" which isn't new thread.... what do you think?

Also, I apologize as I am still somewhat new here... just more familiar as I have played around with the site for hours at a time through the last few weeks!!! I usually click on the "new posts" button when I am ready to read others' posts... I pick from there. Not the front forum page...

Good advice, just hard for new people to get for a while. Please, just be polite and curtious when reminding them their post is in the wrong place. Thanks for the advice!
poguee_smiles is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #30
Gifted

pianolover is just really nicepianolover is just really nice

bumping my thread here
pianolover is offline Female
Closed