Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #81
Ces't la Vie!
Webkinz :)

bookworm313 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Please, please, please don't say things like this!

you are so right.
bookworm313 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #82
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Jordan~
People are posting their opinions. So you are saying its wrong to express yourself and your feelings?
hi .
we are saying that expressing your feelings -- great, but sometimes, you can be WAY nicer .. when doing that.
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 01-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #83

kelbel22 will become famous soon enough

I have to say, i commented earlier, and impressed that this has not broken into arguments!
I feel that if you start a poll, you should expect people to be a little negative.
Like if it's about you liking hannah montana, I know I don't like her. I wouldn't say, "oh, i hate her!" I would say, "Oh, I don't think she's that great." and just leave it at that. if you don't agree with something, don't go on and on about something! Just leave! Think of all the power you hold at your computer, you can use it wisely, or act really rude. but I feel there will always be people that abuse their power and will be rude. So just try yourself to be the nice person. And don't forget the golden rule!

Last edited by kelbel22; 01-16-2009 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: fixing my spelling
kelbel22 is offline Female
Old 01-17-2009, 03:58 AM   #84
harlequinn

View Post Originally Posted by smitchell
I teach preschool (and have for years). Some of the best lessons in life can be learned there and apply to every age.
1) Don't say mean things
2) Play nice
3) Share
4) Ack! Don't put that up your nose! (okay, so not the last one translates to every age ... but the rest are pretty simple)

Life lessons are not supposed to be learned online ... they are supposed to learned in real life. So WI should be a safe and "squeaky-clean" environment - one I'd be happy letting my children be a part of. Kids have enough bad stuff to deal with in real life ... online shouldn't contribute to that - ever.
If life lessons should be learned IRL and not online, how is it WI's place to tell children what they 'should' and 'shouldn't' say?

Just food for thought, as I think life lessons can and are being learned online more and more by today's "wired" generation of kids.

The line between the real world and the online world is blurring...online socialization is becoming a bigger and bigger part of social development for children. And it is only going to become more so. Therefore, I think we should at least think twice before passing down mandates like "don't say" "don't do" etc.

Not to say that such mandates are necessarily wrong, just that they require careful consideration (and good debates like this one! ^_^ ).

As someone said, "put brain in gear before tongue in action"!

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I think that you may be mistaking Courtesy and Empathy for censorship, Harlequinn.
If someone is forcing their idea of "Courtesy and Empathy" on someone else I would still consider that censorship.

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
'Many great things may have never been said had someone stopped to think whom they might offend' is just biased thinking. Many of the great things that have been said were thought out before they were ever brought to bear. Knowing what the extent and end result would be.
Simply put; Put brain in action before putting tongue in gear. (In our case, here, before you hit that submit button)
Yes, and those things that were well thought out may STILL never have been said if such revolutionaries (as they are mostly to whom I am referring) had lived their lives under a policy of 'if you don't have anything "nice" to say, don't say anything at all'.

Someone pointed out the American Revolution as an example.

Throwing all that tea into the harbor may certainly have been considered outrageously rude and inconsiderate by some! But look at what came of it! ^_^

My point is, an environment of repression produces nothing. This is in the extreme, of course, not in direct reference to WI, but the philosophy is the same.

Also, for the record, there is a BIG difference between 'politeness' and safety. Harassment of any nature is not to be tolerated in a children's environment (or anywhere, for that matter). But a differing opinion (which is more to the point of this thread) no matter how DRASTICALLY different, and should not be silenced.

And I think, with kids, all this emphasis on "not hurting anyone's feelings" by saying anything contrary to popular opinion (as it would be in a thread/poll on the subject) is leading them down a slippery slope...

View Post Originally Posted by Mama Girl NH
WOW... this topic has been going back and forth, on and on... and it's STILL interesting reading. I love when people can agree to disagree with each other, state their opinion, give validation to someone else's opinon without having to agree with them... and when this discussion can be done in a civil and respectful way. It speaks a lot for the type of people here in Webkinz Insider. It's a wonderful thing.
Arguing is one of my favorite pastimes. ^_~ I agree, I love it when a debate can be had without devolving into senseless insults or becoming consumed with heated feelings. I enjoy it to the point that sometimes I just can't help but to be contrary! (someone has to prevent the group-think phenomenon! lol, j/k)

Last edited by harlequinn; 01-17-2009 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-17-2009, 06:01 AM   #85
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

And you play the opposition well You do make me think, I will give you that Contrariness (Talk about Irony ...censors won't let me use the correct word ) in and of itself is not the real issue at hand, though, Harle. It is how it is presented that makes it so. As Smitchell quoted Sir Isaac Newton, 'For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.' It almost seems to be a 'cosmic' law, in that it spills over into our thought processes as well as Physics.
Quite like there is a difference between putting something down or hurling it to the floor. One has to bear in mind 'the impact' it will have.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #86

rodsbaby is just really nicerodsbaby is just really nice

agree agree agree ! do not be mean people! think how you would feel if you got your feelings hurt-- not good is it?
rodsbaby is offline Female
Old 01-17-2009, 07:11 AM   #87
hollistergirl29

Wink Re: Please, please, please don't say things like this!

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
Well... say you post a drawing that you made and someone says "Ewww that terrible!" it would be nicer to say "Sorry, but I don't really like it..." and I've seen lots of people using "Eww" and I think thats not nice...
I really do agree with that. If only we could live in a world of peace... MAYBE SOME PEOPLE WOULD'T BE SO MEAN...
Old 01-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #88
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by SOSO910
I agree. People are always saying "Twilight is so bad! Stop wasting your lives!! Eww!!" Even when they didn't read the book! It is very mean and offending
But Iv'e hear, "If you had a life you'd like Twlight!"

---------- Ivie added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

(And Harle, I would give rep but it has to be spread around first.)

Last edited by Ivie; 01-21-2009 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Ivie is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #89
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

I agree.If you don't have anything nice to day don't say anything at all. This also goes to Ganz haters(bashers seems like a better word),because Ganz probably does peek on WI from time to time and how do you think they would feel if they saw a post saying:"Ganz doesn't fix glitches on webkinz!Don't you hate them?"I would feel offended if i worked for Ganz and saw that but if i saw:"I don't really like them because they don't fix ___ sorry"i would think "Well at least they weren't rude"(I like Ganz since i don't get many glitches)
Also if you don't agree with some ones opinion say something nice like if you see a Twilight thread and you don't like Twilight don;t post on the thread or you can say: "I don't really like Twilight but I'm happy your interested in something."
I remember on a Ganz bashing thread (kinda like one) i said something like:"Sorry i disagree i like Ganz because i don't get many glitches" and when i checked back like 15 too 20 minutes later i see things like this!:"Your rude because you don't like Ganz" and "Who cares if you don't get glitches,the people who don't like Ganz is a much bigger number then compared to you and 1 or 2 other people who like Ganz"
and other stuff.
If you see a poll saying:"Do you like the Jonas Brothers?"
and you don't like the Jonas Brothers rather don't comment or you can post a comment like this:"Sorry,I don't like the Jonas Brothers but I'm happy there music brings joy to you"
would be a much nicer answer then:"EWW I HATE THEM!"
So if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #90
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
I agree.If you don't have anything nice to day don't say anything at all. This also goes to Ganz haters(bashers seems like a better word),because Ganz probably does peek on WI from time to time and how do you think they would feel if they saw a post saying:"Ganz doesn't fix glitches on webkinz!Don't you hate them?"I would feel offended if i worked for Ganz and saw that but if i saw:"I don't really like them because they don't fix ___ sorry"i would think "Well at least they weren't rude"(I like Ganz since i don't get many glitches)
Also if you don't agree with some ones opinion say something nice like if you see a Twilight thread and you don't like Twilight don;t post on the thread or you can say: "I don't really like Twilight but I'm happy your interested in something."
I remember on a Ganz bashing thread (kinda like one) i said something like:"Sorry i disagree i like Ganz because i don't get many glitches" and when i checked back like 15 too 20 minutes later i see things like this!:"Your rude because you don't like Ganz" and "Who cares if you don't get glitches,the people who don't like Ganz is a much bigger number then compared to you and 1 or 2 other people who like Ganz"
and other stuff.
If you see a poll saying:"Do you like the Jonas Brothers?"
and you don't like the Jonas Brothers rather don't comment or you can post a comment like this:"Sorry,I don't like the Jonas Brothers but I'm happy there music brings joy to you"
would be a much nicer answer then:"EWW I HATE THEM!"
So if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all
Oh, I totally forgot that Ganz knows about WI and probably goes on it... but if they see people talking about all the glitches, that motivates them to fix it or else they might loose some customers...
Closed