Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #41
Webkinz :)

littlemissfunky is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Please, please, please don't say things like this!

I agree with you!
littlemissfunky is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #42

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

I believe that people are entitled to their opinions but when they say how they dislike the band or whatever it is they should express their opinions in a nice way.

If they say things in a way that would hurt someone's feelings, it could make someone upset of cause an arguement.

Being polite helps keep WI a fun place for everyone!
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #43
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
I believe that people are entitled to their opinions but when they say how they dislike the band or whatever it is they should express their opinions in a nice way.

If they say things in a way that would hurt someone's feelings, it could make someone upset of cause an arguement.

Being polite helps keep WI a fun place for everyone!
I agree with Pandora. As long as you say your opinion in a nice way, it is not a problem.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #44
harlequinn

Eh....for one thing, I think this thread is a bit unnecessary.

People know what they're doing when they make negative comments- reminding them that there is a person on the other side of the screen is a tad redundant.

Besides, those who would get their feelings hurt because of a simple negative comment are probably children, and I think it's good for kids to experience negativity (within reason) in this way.

I've felt for some time now that children have become too sheltered from criticism to their detriment. Criticism helps us grow in regards to both talent (if someone criticizes someone's artwork, it may help them try harder to receive more positive responses), as well as socialization. Kids need to know how to deal with negativity both online and in the real world. Online negativity is usually not as 'hurtful' as it can be in real life, and is a good stepping stone for children learning to deal with it.

I also agree with multiple posters: if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #45
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Thank you everyone for sharing your opinions
Old 01-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #46
jld97

someone just called ME stupid on here, I reported them to Justin.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #47
not telling

:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute

That is an opinion, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, they should not say it that way. It should be said in a kind way, such as:
a. 'That isn't my favorite. I like (.....) better.'
b. 'They're cool, but not really my style.'
c. 'That's not really my style'
Please don't say anything like:
a. 'Ewww! That's gross!'
b. 'I hate them! I can't believe you like that!'
c. 'What are you thinking, posting this trash here?'
:)Anna(: is offline Female
Old 01-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #48
ask please!

Goldalynn has a spectacular aura about

it's perfectly o.k. for members to express their opinions, but saying it in that mean manner is unacceptable.
Goldalynn is offline Female
Old 01-16-2009, 02:21 AM   #49
harlequinn

View Post Originally Posted by jld97
someone just called ME stupid on here, I reported them to Justin.
I find it disappointing to see WI attempt to further sanitize and restrict their online community. Don't we get enough of such restriction from squeaky-clean WW itself? People should be allowed to express themselves freely without fear of reprimand in an online forum, as opposed to the super-strict world of webkinz.

I know I for one get just a little tired of it. It's fine for kids, but teens/adults playing may need an insulin shot after awhile! XD
Old 01-16-2009, 03:01 AM   #50
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by harlequinn
Eh....for one thing, I think this thread is a bit unnecessary.

People know what they're doing when they make negative comments- reminding them that there is a person on the other side of the screen is a tad redundant.

Besides, those who would get their feelings hurt because of a simple negative comment are probably children, and I think it's good for kids to experience negativity (within reason) in this way.

I've felt for some time now that children have become too sheltered from criticism to their detriment. Criticism helps us grow in regards to both talent (if someone criticizes someone's artwork, it may help them try harder to receive more positive responses), as well as socialization. Kids need to know how to deal with negativity both online and in the real world. Online negativity is usually not as 'hurtful' as it can be in real life, and is a good stepping stone for children learning to deal with it.

I also agree with multiple posters: if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
I suppose it may seem redundant to an adult. However, a great deal of our contributors are preteen and teens. They learn through repetition and sometimes admonition from peers is much more readily accepted by them than by an adult with an over-inflated sense of superiority. (not aimed at anyone, just some adults DO tend to come off that way)
It may seem repetitive and tedious to you, these youngsters still have these valuable life lessons to learn and I am glad to see them exercising these skillls right here on
One final note...You can never do wrong by doing right

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-16-2009 at 03:03 AM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed