Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #21
Bill Kaulitz is
Gifted

-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold-Miss-Webkinz- is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Please, please, please don't say things like this!

Thank you for making this clear. i have seen SO much of it. i try to be polite as possible while stating MY opinion *points to siggy* it really hurts when people insult things i like.
-Miss-Webkinz- is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #22
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Well, there are two sides to every issue. Sometimes when I say, "I don't really like :Blank: it's not my style" I get attacked for "being mean". So although you should be rude about things you also should be tolerant.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #23
weevie97
Webkinz :)

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

i agree with partly but sometimes peole put these answers in the poll question. so if they do that its fair game. and sometimes i get a attacked because i said i didn't like it.
mantateelover is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #24
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

I think I would agree with you. But in other ways I do not agree.

1) I do not agree with you because People are allowed to state their opinion.
2) But I do agree with you because you should only state the opinion in a nice, respectful way.
Thanks for posting!
♥peep
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #25
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all...
True - true - true...But! To expand on that idea. If you need to say something...say it tactfully. That's the key thing here. Saying "Eww" is not cool!! You say that when something gross happens like squishing bug guts between your toes..instead, something like this sounds better; It's not to my taste but I'm glad it brings you joy. See...big difference. It takes time for people to learn these things. We live in a world where most people are just rude..the few good really have a positive impact. Stay gold and keep your chin up.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #26
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
You say that when something gross happens like squishing bug guts between your toes...
Um...Ewww! That was not an image i needed EXO...lol (why are the bug guts btween your toes anyway???) That notwithstanding, I completely agree you do not have to state your opinion rudely or in a way that can offend. And saying 'no offence' after a rude comment does not make it ok.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #27
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
True - true - true...But! To expand on that idea. If you need to say something...say it tactfully. That's the key thing here. Saying "Eww" is not cool!! You say that when something gross happens like squishing bug guts between your toes..instead, something like this sounds better; It's not to my taste but I'm glad it brings you joy. See...big difference. It takes time for people to learn these things. We live in a world where most people are just rude..the few good really have a positive impact. Stay gold and keep your chin up.
Now thats exactly when people should say eww EWW!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #28
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

Exclamation Re: Please, please, please don't say things like this!

View Post Originally Posted by dizzyfish101
Well, I don't think it's that bad... I mean, we're all entitled to our opinions, but it's only attacking someone that WE DO NOT KNOW IN REAL LIFE.... :S

On the other hand, hurting people's feelings is NOT GOOD, and it's against what WI believes.

-dizzyfish101
I completely disagree with what you just said. It is that bad to hurt someone's feelings, and to trash their opinion, especially if it is something that they believe strongly in. So what if we don't know them? They still have feelings, and they are as much of a person as you and I. Please don't say things like this, it is very hurtful to those who agree with dotdotduck, and to others whose feelings have been hurt on WI.
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #29
Gifted

luvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. I made a poll asking about the Twilight movie, and there were some people that posted "I've never seen the movie cuz I hate Twilight" and I just rolled my eyes...but other people are more sensitive and it could hurt them. If you felt the need to say "I don't like [whatever]" then say it nicely, such as "I haven't seen that movie because I'm not a fan of the series." No need to be harsh. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #30
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by luvzingoz
I agree. I made a poll asking about the Twilight movie, and there were some people that posted "I've never seen the movie cuz I hate Twilight" and I just rolled my eyes...but other people are more sensitive and it could hurt them. If you felt the need to say "I don't like [whatever]" then say it nicely, such as "I haven't seen that movie because I'm not a fan of the series." No need to be harsh. As the saying goes, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Yeah I agree with you too,
I have a friend who is Anti Twilight (she hates the books even though she never read them) and she went to see the movie and she LOVED it!!!
Closed