Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
Gift Guru

tkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: please, people, check your spelling.

View Post Originally Posted by Aiorna
Wow! Strong feeling for bad grammar and text talk. I not text talk and try for grammar and spelling good but I Deaf kid english easy NOT for me. So if grammar very make you mad please not go my thread see my type.
Hey Aiorna! I think they're addressing people that could do better and instead opt to use "text messaging" shortcuts like "c u l8r" instead of "see you later". Or posts where the writer just doesn't care about trying to write well. Those attitudes make a thread hard to read for everyone.

There's a difference between inability and indifference -- some posters are very young, or English is just hard for them, and yet they try very hard to write a clear post, and it's usually clear that they are trying but still learning. I think people put extra effort into reading those posts, because if you care enough to try, people will care enough to try to read it!

However, some people don't care if others can read their posts, and that's frustrating.

tkprit is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #22
Lexxy Boo
Webkinz :)

kitkat133 is a name known to allkitkat133 is a name known to allkitkat133 is a name known to allkitkat133 is a name known to all

Question Re: please, people, check your spelling.

Maybe we could add a spell check button to the Reply thingy?
kitkat133 is offline Female
Old 07-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #23
Gifted

KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!

Donation Award 

I try to edit my posts but sometimes miss things, but really, I don't think it should be a problem if a post contains a spelling error or grammar error. This website is meant for fun. I agree so much with the person who said before, there are people from all ages and countries on this website and may not have the same education on grammar.

I think what should be important is that we are kind and considerate of each other and look past the errors of a person's typed post and see what is meant to be written and offer help, encouragement, or share a laugh with someone.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #24

Aiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by tkprit
Hey Aiorna! I think they're addressing people that could do better and instead opt to use "text messaging" shortcuts like "c u l8r" instead of "see you later". Or posts where the writer just doesn't care about trying to write well. Those attitudes make a thread hard to read for everyone.

There's a difference between inability and indifference -- some posters are very young, or English is just hard for them, and yet they try very hard to write a clear post, and it's usually clear that they are trying but still learning. I think people put extra effort into reading those posts, because if you care enough to try, people will care enough to try to read it!

However, some people don't care if others can read their posts, and that's frustrating.

Thank you for make clear to me. My feeling little hurt by read. That mean I not have think mad for grammar apply for me??? I try make better grammar but too much hard for me. I worry even start thread or post or greet new WI due think me dumb or other. My thread start for my teacher encourage and very embarrass for write at first. Everyone here so nice and accept that now I not worry....and not ask my mom write post for me. She very happy for that.
Aiorna is offline Female
Old 07-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #25

berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by TeenieKinz
i can agree slightly with the text talk thing, but as for grammer and spelling i dont really agree with you. There are alot of very young children here who might not even know how to use spellcheck yet or that have a disabilty. Also its probably just my opinion i dont feel that i need to spell perfect here on WI, this is a place that i feel relaxed at not somewhere i worry about my every word, nor do i have the time to do spell check constantly. Sometimes i can only get on to check my ge and respond to one person.

I agree with this post. I do have a very young daughter and a daughter with some special issues. I don't want to feel that every time I post something I have to do a spelling and grammar check. I feel what someone has to say and how they say it is more important than how they spell it.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #26
Lexxy Boo

kitkat133 is a name known to allkitkat133 is a name known to allkitkat133 is a name known to allkitkat133 is a name known to all

I think you're pretty good for a deaf typer.
kitkat133 is offline Female
Old 07-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #27
Gifted

KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by tkprit

Oh, I haven't run across the text type posts. I don't know much about it so really don't know how difficult it is to read but I look at it this way, if I have that much trouble reading a post, I will just skip it. Maybe the people who are writing in such a way will be more clear if they want more replies.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #28
:(
Gifted

speedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud ofspeedieblonde has much to be proud of

Yeah, it really is a great reminder!
speedieblonde is offline Female
Old 07-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #29

Aiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by kitkat133
I think you're pretty good for a deaf typer.
I type fast too but grammar not good and I use lot of text talk on cell but not here. I use text way before it popular with hearing people due deaf find out it very good for communicate. I take type lesson on computer program my mom buy me many year ago. I know my grammar not good like should be I work hard on language and english at school. One day I hope for write perfect English and have better write. It easy hearing people read my write and think not smart. Normal for Deaf way. I know many Deaf write English so good.
Aiorna is offline Female
Old 07-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #30
Gift Guru

tkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by KLDKinzMom
Oh, I haven't run across the text type posts. I don't know much about it so really don't know how difficult it is to read but I look at it this way, if I have that much trouble reading a post, I will just skip it. Maybe the people who are writing in such a way will be more clear if they want more replies.
ICAM! I just didn't want anyone's feelings to be hurt by the intent of this thread. And basically I think that's the intent -- if you want your posts to be read, put a little effort into it.

Sorta off-topic -- I use Firefox as a browser and it spellchecks everything (even posts that aren't MINE!), but it's more annoying than useful because it doesn't speak "forum", so all the URLs and user names are underlined. Well, it's most annoying because it spellchecks other people's posts that I couldn't change if I wanted to!
tkprit is offline Female
Closed