Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Gifted

efron_fan7767 has a spectacular aura about

Default please, just think before your type.. no offense :)

hello webkinz insider!!

something has been bugging me for a while and i would finally like to share

please don't think that you can say something mean and say no offense after the comment and think it is all better. i personally believe that is not how it works

example...

someone makes a thread asking an opinion on an outfit

someone replies... eww!!! it is really gross -no offense-

just because you say no offense does not mean that someone will not take offense to that comment

so please next time you have a comment, say something polite, so that there is no need to type no offense

thanks so much!!
- efron_fan7767
efron_fan7767 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: please, just think before your type.. no offense :)

I completely agree!

People should learn to keep their tounges behind their teeth, or in this case keeping their fingers off the keyboard and thinking twice (:
Old 01-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Chelseax3
Banned
Tinkerbella is just really niceTinkerbella is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by efron_fan7767
hello webkinz insider!!

something has been bugging me for a while and i would finally like to share

please don't think that you can say something mean and say no offense after the comment and think it is all better. i personally believe that is not how it works

example...

someone makes a thread asking an opinion on an outfit

someone replies... eww!!! it is really gross -no offense-

just because you say no offense does not mean that someone will not take offense to that comment

so please next time you have a comment, say something polite, so that there is no need to type no offense

thanks so much!!
- efron_fan7767
i think its a bit different on opinion polls with outfits because everyone is entitled to their opinion but idk it doesn't have to be as mean as your example but i don't think people should get mad if some one posts.. i don't like that outfit, its not my style so i would never wear it -no offense-

ps. there are 400 000 012 threads like this, please remember to search before you make a new thread
Tinkerbella is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

Yes! Some people think it automatically puts them in the 'clear zone' if they type no offense. Just because no offense is said does not mean that other person isn't offended.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
Gifted

GymnasticsGirl has disabled reputation

This is very true, sometimes typing " no offense " signals to the person that it was a hurtful comment. If you really mean no offense to the person, don't insult the person or thread! If you have an idea on how to make it better, use constructive critisism nicely, and drop a smiley ( )
at the end of the post to show that you mean well!
GymnasticsGirl is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
Kayla<3

I agree in stead of saying "ewwwwwww!!!" or "GROSS!" Say I'm sorry but i dont think thats cute, or Sorry but its not for me or its not my style
Old 01-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I very much agree. I like this thread because you are not saying the basic thing---be nice---but being specific with what you see a problem with. I absolutely agree with you!
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
Yes! Some people think it automatically puts them in the 'clear zone' if they type no offense. Just because no offense is said does not mean that other person isn't offended.
Also, when people say 'no offense' that means they know it is or it can be a hurtful comment. So, whenever you think 'no offense' is neccasary to be put there, just don't post.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

If you see a rude post, please red-flag it for a moderator to review. --FIA
FIA is offline Female
Closed