Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
Gift Guru

Shooting Star is a WI addict!
Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!Shooting Star is a WI addict!

Default Re: PLEASE JUST POST!

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
If you need help and someone goes to see what you need, and they don't know how to solve the problem, they shouldn't post, because just saying 'Sorry I don't know.' would be spam, which is against the rules. As for the polls, there are tons of polls, and yours probably just gotten buried with the rest. Sorry that happened to you, but I'm sure it's happened to everyone and there's really no point in complaining about it.. :/

If no one has anything to contribute to their post they don't have to post. It's just the way it is.. Anyway, it doesn't matter how many posts you get on a thread, you aren't judged by that.
[xo] Pop-Tart is right, its sometime just because the have nothing to contribute.
Shooting Star is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #12
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

My final post on here is just a tip. Someone here posted about clear titles. You'll usually get more views/posts if you title your threads clearly. This one wasn't that clear, just like that member posted.. "Post about what? Where?" Was what I thought when I saw it, but I clicked it anyway - others might have thought differently. They might have just not even visited because the thread-starter didn't bother giving the topic a clear title.
Of you need help with lets say your signature, I'd suggest instead of calling it, "I need help!" make it, "Help! I can't edit my signature!" See how different that is? The people who know stuff about that will come and help you. If you had he first example, they might not have and that's why you wouldn't get as many posts.

- Candice (:
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #13
Webkinz :)
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

My final post on here is just a tip. Someone here posted about clear titles. You'll usually get more views/posts if you title your threads clearly. This one wasn't that clear, just like that member posted.. "Post about what? Where?" Was what I thought when I saw it, but I clicked it anyway - others might have thought differently. They might have just not even visited because the thread-starter didn't bother giving the topic a clear title.
Of you need help with lets say your signature, I'd suggest instead of calling it, "I need help!" make it, "Help! I can't edit my signature!" See how different that is? The people who know stuff about that will come and help you. If you had he first example, they might not have and that's why you wouldn't get as many posts.

- Candice (:
Sometimes, it's better to not put it clear.. it makes people curious. For example, Would you like it if....? and you might want to click it to see what the person is talking about. It goes both ways.
So... I don't know if that might help.
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 10-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Andykinz
Sometimes, it's better to not put it clear.. it makes people curious. For example, Would you like it if....? and you might want to click it to see what the person is talking about. It goes both ways.
So... I don't know if that might help.
I see what you're saying, but if you take my example, 'I need help with..' isn't as informative as the other. So many people might view the thread, because of their curiousity, and many of them might not know the answer, therefor not posting. So you might have already 150 views and a couple of posts, which is what you don't want. At least with titling it clearly, it'll attract people who DO know the answer or have an opinion on that, and you might have only 6 views but you'll have the 6 posts.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #15

cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!cookie_monster2 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Andykinz
It's better to not complain, and not to be so desperate. This attracts less attention.
Thats true too.
It used to bother me also, but it doesn't anymore. I just let it go after a while.
cookie_monster2 is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
Summer 2010!

fruit2o is the cats pajamas!fruit2o is the cats pajamas!fruit2o is the cats pajamas!fruit2o is the cats pajamas!fruit2o is the cats pajamas!fruit2o is the cats pajamas!

I know how you feel. I have a thread that has about 50 views and 5 replies. Sometimes people just make up good titles and they have a totally different story than their title. Sometimes I have to do this because they have a whole different story than their title. Good thread.... REP.
fruit2o is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #17
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Don't get so obsessed and upset over numbers. I don't think there's a thread out there with the same posts as views. If I posted on every thread I looked at I'd have a miliion posts. It's impossible. Like everyone said, sometimes the title is misleading or unclear or there just isn't anything worth contributing once it's looked at. Relax and don't worry so much over numbers or thread popularity.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

- Candice (:
For me the title doesn't mean much because when I scroll over the title I get the first three lines in the thread and can tell what they are talking about before even opening it. I do feel people need better titles though in some instances.
Tula is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #19
I'm Backkk!!!!
Gift Trainee

xoL0VExo is just really nicexoL0VExo is just really nice

I don't believe that not replying to a thread is considered rude. Sometimes you just don't have anything to say on the matter, because the title wasn't clear enough and you really didn't have an idea on what the thread was about. You also don't want your thread to be crowded with a bunch of "I don't knows" or "Okay. Cool" or something like that do you? I don't really see the reason to complain on this subject...
xoL0VExo is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #20

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
Don't get so obsessed and upset over numbers. I don't think there's a thread out there with the same posts as views. If I posted on every thread I looked at I'd have a miliion posts. It's impossible. Like everyone said, sometimes the title is misleading or unclear or there just isn't anything worth contributing once it's looked at. Relax and don't worry so much over numbers or thread popularity.
I agree.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Closed