Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

snickerdoodle20 has much to be proud ofsnickerdoodle20 has much to be proud ofsnickerdoodle20 has much to be proud ofsnickerdoodle20 has much to be proud of

Default PLEASE JUST POST!

Hi everyone. I've recently made a couple of threads about just random things. I've asked people for help, I've made polls, I've done what normal WI members do. But no one posts on my threads. I just recently made a thread asking for help on my Halloween Costume, I got close to 30 veiws but only 2 people actually posted ideas.

Please post when you veiw a thread. If your not going to post, why bother reading the thread at all?

It's sad to make a poll or thread hoping everyone will come and post their opinions or vote, but when no one does it's kinda sad and RUDE!

So please POST or VOTE when you veiw and poll or thread!
Snickerdoodle20
=]
snickerdoodle20 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #2

kewljlmommy is a name known to allkewljlmommy is a name known to allkewljlmommy is a name known to all

Default Re: PLEASE JUST POST!

i sometimes read a thread but i have nothing to offer. sometimes it is a question that i feel i cannot answer. sometime the title is not clear and i wonder what its about. like the title of thos one, please just post! post about what...so i opened it. if i had to respond to every thread i opened, i wuld either always be typing or never open anones thread. I do understand your frustration though. this was just my opinion
kewljlmommy is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Gift Guru

leopardluva7 is a name known to allleopardluva7 is a name known to allleopardluva7 is a name known to all

I agree with you. Somtimes I just post on threads because I feel bad that no one else has. I have made a few polls and threads myself, but not that many just because no one posts on them. They normally close anyways due to lack of posts. I understand that sometimes people don't want to post, but for a poll, all you have to say is "I clicked this", or "I think that's best". It's nice to see that people do care about your opinion and appreciate it by posting. Thanks for this thread!
leopardluva7 is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

If you need help and someone goes to see what you need, and they don't know how to solve the problem, they shouldn't post, because just saying 'Sorry I don't know.' would be spam, which is against the rules. As for the polls, there are tons of polls, and yours probably just gotten buried with the rest. Sorry that happened to you, but I'm sure it's happened to everyone and there's really no point in complaining about it.. :/

If no one has anything to contribute to their post they don't have to post. It's just the way it is.. Anyway, it doesn't matter how many posts you get on a thread, you aren't judged by that.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Gifted

GymnasticsGirl has disabled reputation

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble with that. I'd always make a thread which would get a ton of views and no replies. I thought my luck had seriously changed when I made a thread with 17 views and 17 replies, until I checked back to see there were 200 views now and the same amount of posts. Sometimes, though there are people who may have thought the thread was about something else or had to go suddenly, but in general, yes, I think it's only polite to vote or post on a thread when you view it.
GymnasticsGirl is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I see your point, but I don't think it's rude. The polls, I think, have less posts because there is usually a new one every ten minutes or so, and it's really about if the member can relate to the topic of the poll. However, for the other threads, it could be that they read the title, and want to see if they can relate. If they don't, then they probably won't reply because there isn't anything for them to say.
If you are looking for more posts, you could try putting a link in your signature or looking around at other threads that are close to the same topic.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Yeah, I feel neglected, LOL! Anyways, remember, some people are guests, so they can't post Good point, in a way!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

It's better to not complain, and not to be so desperate. This attracts less attention.
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 10-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

Post Re: PLEASE JUST POST!

When I view a thread and don't post it's because I feel I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute.

A lot of times the title might sound interesting, then when I actually get to the thread, it is something totally beyond my knowledge or interest, or someone else has answered the question, so there would be no point.

I'm sorry if I was one that viewed and did not post. I did not purposefully mean to offend.

Last edited by Ranger1985; 10-17-2009 at 11:10 AM..
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #10
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

I understand how you feel. My threads are often lost also as people are interested in reading it but have nothing to add really. Or perhaps whatever I am talking about they just don't have the same issue, can't relate or don't understand its importance. What helps is to understand that forums are big places full of hundreds of people at one time. Not all those people will find what we find interesting. That doesn't mean they are trying to be rude are uncaring. They just have a different interest and move on until they find something they relate to. Its nothing personal because hey..they have never met the thread owner anyway. Part of participating in a forum is understanding that you will have threads that get lost in the shuffle. I always say to myself, "okay I must be the only one at the moment that finds this interesting or needs help in this way..or..well...okay maybe I will ask this again on another day and see if more people respond."

It never feels good when people read a thread and do not respond. I know..but at least they took the time to look at it.

So what can you do? I say make a difference. Look for threads with only 1-3 responses..check that second page...and respond to these threads. Try asking your question again on a busier day. You may find you will make a lot of friends just checking these under responded threads. People will appreciate your kindness.

Also remember this forum is a huge place and when you have lots of people you have lots of different things people are here for. The people that are meant to respond to your threads and questions will...

Sometimes it takes a lot of posting on others threads and a lot of getting yourself out there on a huge forum too...as far as polls are concerned there are so many polls in the poll section and so many of them are so similar that alone may distract people away from polls after a while. I will vote on polls but rarely do I post on them..most of the time that is because I do not have anything to add, but out of kindness I do consider a vote an important thing.

Last edited by Tula; 10-17-2009 at 11:12 AM..
Tula is offline Female
Closed