Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #31
Look world I'm
Gift Guru

marileemed is just really nicemarileemed is just really nice

Default Re: Please don't "type" about others behind their back

View Post Originally Posted by Mama Girl NH
Well, CindyMommy... you just MAY be an adult, but I also know you are a big kid at heart, too! LOL Your way too much fun to talk to, and share to many smiles with everyone you meet. So "big kid at heart" is good! LOL But it's not just in the forums that I see this happening. I've run across it in many different places. In the "somebody help" sections people are attacked for asking a simple question that others think the answers 'should be obvious' and belittle the person for asking a question. In the suggestions sections, people will attack someone's suggestion and say 'that's already be posted, pay attention' and things like that. It's all over. I think WI mods/admis do a very good job of quickly removing these scenerios and taking action, but it's still there for everyone to see until that happens
Now that Mama Girl NH mentions it ....I have seen this....and some of the remarks I have thought that it was rude or "snobbish" on that persons part.

When I used to work I tell the Professor I had a stupid question and he being older and much wiser ALWAYS said "There is never a question that is stupid....it is not asking the question that would make the person less intelligent..."

When I first got on WI....I remember saying I have a stupid question and so many nice people responded positively....but again I have seen otherwise now that Mama Girl NH pointed it out. It made me sad to see this.
marileemed is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #32
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

I completely agree!
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 03-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #33
ally is 2 legit 4 ur
Webkinz :)

OFFIE has a spectacular aura about

I agree............its even more hurtful to "type" about someone on a forum than to talk about it because it is a permanent reminder that: someone made fun of you or you made fun of some other user.
OFFIE is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #34
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and comment on this. I do believe it's very hurtful to do the above mentioned things, and while I'm happy it doens't happen often (that I see) it always makes me pretty sad and angry when I do see it. It's so easy to be nice, but takes planning to be rude. I do not understand why people do says things to hurt and belittle, or make fun of someone. I know at some point in our lives we are all guilty of having done this (myself included) but it is through the kindness of others that we see the harm this action causes, and learn to not repeat such behavior. HOpefully, here in WI, we can help others to see that that sort of comment or response is hurtful, and help to eliminate it and show more positive ways to respond. <smile> WOW, though, thank you all for taking the time to read this and offer up your voices on the topic.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #35
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

sadly, i have seen some of this it is very offensive to others. even though they may not see it, it is rude either way! yes, it should be just regular everyday manners to not say/type hurtful things behind their back.

-pup5115
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 03-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #36
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by pup5115
sadly, i have seen some of this it is very offensive to others. even though they may not see it, it is rude either way! yes, it should be just regular everyday manners to not say/type hurtful things behind their back.

-pup5115
Thanks Pups, for reading and your input. I agree, what we do in real life, involving real manners and habits and values should be carried over into everything we do. Nicely said.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #37
pollywog2
Gift Guru

pollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Mama Girl NH
I've run across it in many different places. In the "somebody help" sections people are attacked for asking a simple question that others think the answers 'should be obvious' and belittle the person for asking a question. In the suggestions sections, people will attack someone's suggestion and say 'that's already be posted, pay attention' and things like that.
Oh yes, I find this behaviour particularly offensive. Anyone who learns something "new to them" is actually learning something "new" and the fact that they want to share the great information with the rest of us should be applauded. It makes me cringe when I see those belittling comments posted on a thread when the information is not so new to the rest of us. Thank the member for sharing and gently say "yes, I was excited when I learned/tried that too" and add a smilie if you want to point out the the info was already discovered or reported.

I would love to see those rude comments removed/edited from a thread because it really is cyber bullying and we should not let this type of abuse be committed on WI. I know that it would be a big job to police it, but it is a form of verbal abuse and really hurts others.
pollywog is offline Female
Closed