Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

flowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Please don't "type" about others behind their back

i agree with you 100% rep for you
flowerfan12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
ill work for webkinz
Gift Guru

CindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guide

I guess I haven't been hanging out in the forums where this happens, but it's good advice.

Maybe it's just because I'm an adult, but it's always good to take a deep breath and remember that what you type in the "heat" of the moment might come back to haunt you the next day.
CindyMommy is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #13
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by CindyMommy
I guess I haven't been hanging out in the forums where this happens, but it's good advice.

Maybe it's just because I'm an adult, but it's always good to take a deep breath and remember that what you type in the "heat" of the moment might come back to haunt you the next day.
Well, CindyMommy... you just MAY be an adult, but I also know you are a big kid at heart, too! LOL Your way too much fun to talk to, and share to many smiles with everyone you meet. So "big kid at heart" is good! LOL But it's not just in the forums that I see this happening. I've run across it in many different places. In the "somebody help" sections people are attacked for asking a simple question that others think the answers 'should be obvious' and belittle the person for asking a question. In the suggestions sections, people will attack someone's suggestion and say 'that's already be posted, pay attention' and things like that. It's all over. I think WI mods/admis do a very good job of quickly removing these scenerios and taking action, but it's still there for everyone to see until that happens
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #14

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

Ok thanks! I personally have never seen this but i will remember to flag it when i do! Its really too bad that you even have to post about this...
rep for you!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #15
Gift Guru

MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness
MsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicnessMsHoliday is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

A word from the wise and observant.
Thanks for reminding the wayward children, how to behave.

Reps for you Mama Girl NH
MsHoliday is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by MsHoliday
A word from the wise and observant.
Thanks for reminding the wayward children, how to behave.

Reps for you Mama Girl NH
Wise and observant, me? LOL Um, no... I don't think so. Maybe I just have too much time on my hands to see these things. LOL

I'm not sure, since you made a bolded print for the wayward children portion of your comment... But I just wanted to point out that it's not just children who do this, adults are just as guilty. We all have to remember what we say and do.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

Rep for you! I have not seen it because I do not spend a lot of time in the forums either. I check in occasionally just to check things over since my daughter is on this site. I would hope that people do report that type of behavior and that WI would revoke privileges of anyone participating in that type of behavior, at least for a period of time.

I will try, as a mom, to be on the lookout for anything like that. Would hate to think something like that goes on, especially on a site that is geared toward children. My second oldest daughter has been bugging me to join WI an I have been reluctant. Only my oldest daughter is a member so far. This just makes me more sure of my decision. Sad that this type of thing goes on.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Mama Girl NH!

Last edited by kinzmom1924; 03-05-2009 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: removed age
kinzmom1924 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #18
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by kinzmom1924
Rep for you! I have not seen it because I do not spend a lot of time in the forums either. I check in occasionally just to check things over since my daughter is on this site. I would hope that people do report that type of behavior and that WI would revoke privileges of anyone participating in that type of behavior, at least for a period of time.

I will try, as a mom, to be on the lookout for anything like that. Would hate to think something like that goes on, especially on a site that is geared toward children. My ten year old has been bugging me to join WI an I have been reluctant. Only my oldest daughter is a member so far. This just makes me more sure of my decision. Sad that this type of thing goes on.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Mama Girl NH!
Oh Kinzmom, I don't want to give you the wrong impression at all. Please don't think that this "bullying" this is so rampant that you would not want your son to join the site. (And remember, we are not allowed to share childrens ages for safty reasons). I think this is one of the safest places ever to come and allow children of most any age to participate in- obviousilly some of the younger ones would never parent supervision. This is truly an amazing site, and it is EXTREMELY safe and nice.... but like with anything, there are those who try to push limits of what is allowed, and they get by until someone comes along to report it and action is taken. And action is almost always taken. This post is just mostly a reminder to those who "try" to go around the rules and insist on being a bully or belittling to others that it's not allowed, should not happen, and will not be tolerated. It happens... sadly, but I still think that this sight is so much safer and kid friendly then any other I've seen. So please do not let this warning sway your decision on whether or not your children should be allowed to play here. That is not the intent of this post at all
Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #19
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

Thanks for the reminder about the ages. I modified my post to remove her age. And thank you for letting me know this is not a widespread issue. I have just been on the fence with her because of her age and if she would encounter an issue like that. My oldest would walk away from it, but with her being a couple years younger, I do not know if she has the judgment to walk away or would feel hurt and compelled to reply. You think you teach your children the right thing to do, but they are faced with so much more than we were as kids. So, I am still holding off for now.

I do appreciate you letting me know that this is not a widespread issue on WI though. It was starting to concern me as a parent when I saw it was problematic enough for someone to start a thread about it. And I have noticed a lot more of it going on in the kin chat plus area of WW... to the point where I sit and monitor the room when my kids are in their trading. They do seem to know when to leave the room though, so that is good. Amazing how kids get around the language barriers Ganz has set up. I won't type the things I have seen people say in those rooms since I don't think they are appropriate there and that makes them inappropriate here, but it gets downright mean sometimes.

Anyway, thanks again for clarifying. Good to know there are people out there looking out for the welfare of others
kinzmom1924 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #20
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't seen any instances of this yet, but if I do, I will definitely bring it to the attention of a moderator or administrator. I agree with you that everyone on this website should feel welcome. REP for the thread!
Closed