Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #71
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 
Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
Case in point... me and sizemore have the same avatar. She DID ask, but she didn't have to. I just found it on the internet so it's up for grabs. I'm very glad she likes it and it's nice to know at least two people here on WI have such wonderful taste!
quite a few months ago, i was posting around and a new member posted on my profile page that i was using the avatar that they used on another site. i politely responded and said that i had gotten it from the internet ( i had no way of knowing) and that i hadn't copied anyone.
quite random....and this is the only site i go to on a daily basis other than ww.

if i know someone had it personally made here in an avvie shop, i would NEVER think to even ask if i could use it..... but the internet is really up for grabs.
miss spots is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #72
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

The name Honey Bunches is just like the cereal... Just like naming from a candy or food or city or whatever... Lots of people name webkinz after things like that...

And someone said that they saw a Mr. Pickles... so did i in the trading room.. So these names might seem like you created them or thought them up , but there are a LOT of creative people out there coming up with names also

If the names are that special then just keep the name to yourself if you are worried someone may "steal" it...
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #73
Webkinz :)

Maeffy is on a distinguished road

Take all the names you want from anywhere!
Use anything you like anywhere!

It is just a Webkinz pet! People look for names from all over to get ideas to name real children in the real world. And they don't have to ask permission or be wary of being kicked out of something or people holding petty grudges. It is just a word, a name, lots of letters put together. who cares get over it, & have fun. Let them have fun.

Don't make a big deal out of slly little very trivial things that don't really mean anything. There are much greater things to focus on. Just have fun in WW for what it is, a fun diversion from lifes many troubles.

This whole thread should just stop. Simple rational would be this is not really debatable. It just is a simple matter of some of our younger, immature members being very focused on this and taking this all way to deeply and personally. Don't internalize what is just a simple matter of names. Instead perhaps feel flattered or feel a unity or sense of comradery in the similarities we find in others. My sons account is full of lots of Harry Potter named animals and we get excited when we find similar in the trading rooms. Just enjoy, be happy, have fun

Lighten up!
Maeffy is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #74
dprice28
Webkinz :)

dprice28 is just really nicedprice28 is just really nice

Imitation is the highest form of Flattery!
dprice28 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #75
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

LOL both me and my mom named our racoons "Rocky," and neither one of us knew the other was going to do it.

View Post Originally Posted by Jeninfla
You've got to be kidding me. Do you honestly think you're the only person in the world to have thought of certain names for pets? I can only imagine how many "Rocky" raccoons are out there, do you think they all believe that only they are smart enough to have thought of that name.
I think its terrible you are accusing people of theft over something so petty. What others name their pets has no affect on you at all.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #76
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

Names are never really original unless they are completely made up (like Dixiecup's). I mean my name is Katie and I alone know about ten other Katie's. Names are constantly repeated because naming someone after another person is a big form of flattery!
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #77
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

I'd only care if someone used a name I made up that was orignal, and did bad things with that name pretending to be me. Like if someone on purpse came up with "Cuffy1" on here and went around saying bad things to peope it would hurt my reputation. Or if I had a lion named SimbaFromMa" and somone had a lion on ww named "Simbafrommass" and made some bad trades in the chatroom then people would think it was me and that would hurt my repuation, too. But I guess that would be a case of impersonation rather than name imitation.
But other than that, names I come up with are either common enough that people think of on their own anyway, or something I got from a movie or book "Zaphira" "Simba" or from a Grateful Dead tune etc. so if anyone has done any "stealing" it's me.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #78
bigduck
Gifted

bigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonderbigduck wows us all with wonder

Great thread I agree 100% I've had the name Jackpot picked out for my cheeky dog forever and am keeping that name until the day I get one know one and I repeat know one steal that name! rep points
bigduck is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #79
WhiteTerrierFan

Unless the name is completely made up, it's not really stealing at. Honey Bunches is a name of a cereal, a lot of people might use that if they know the cereal. Now let's say you make up a name all yourself like "RamenRawr." Now, if someone uses that you may be able to say they could have taken it, but you can never be sure, because someone may have come up with that idea on their own, just like I just did. Most names are going to be used a lot more times than once, especially if you go in the TR. If you don't want a name to be used, just try not to post on the forum. (:
Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #80
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

my pet's have common names. my rhino's name is fluffy. very opposite,and very un-fitting.but i like it and fluffy likes it,right? **fluffy says right**

---------- pup5115 added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later ----------

i don't really want anyone naming there rhino's fluffy.it's kinda the name i thought up for him.

Last edited by pup5115; 01-24-2009 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
pup5115 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
cheese!