Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #41
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 
Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Sweetie, my point is that no one has a monopoly on names. If that were the case my Child's name would be RastahoostaMistaschistosomiasis! Now...don't y'all be taking MY name
DIXIECUP, i totally agree with you.

if everyone can try to imagine how many people out there that play ww....and the vast amount of pets that have been adopted.... there are so many names that it staggers the mind.

now if someone comes to wi to join and be a member, they do so with the notion to show off their pets. we can't expect every one to search every thread and name to make sure they aren't copying someone's name. if they post a name and it is the same as someone elses, they can't be faulted because they loved their pet and gave it a name that was the same as someone elses.

i usually research my pets before i adopt them and i DO try to give my pets unique names. i only post the names when i introduce them in the LOOK WHAT I GOT forum. then the names stay pretty much in the house thread because i gave the pet's rooms a name after them. but if someone were to see one of those WELL THOUGHT OUT names.... and used it, i can't be anything but pleased that someone like the name so much and wanted to use it.

now dixiecup.... how do you pronounce that name ??????
miss spots is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #42
World's largest
Webkinz :)

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by caseybff4ever
I agree with you that happened to me with one of my friends with my g&w cat named kit kat (please dont take that name) and i was really mad
I named a cat (a real live one) Kit Kat about 10 years ago. Does that mean you copied me? No. Like Dixiecup said, no name is truly original except for the one Dixie came up with (which I am not even going to attempt to spell). We are going to have similar thoughts because for the most part we are exposed to the same media and advertising. My sister called her husband honey bunches before they were married (they have been married for 13 years) because of the honey bunches of oats commercials. If you see the same name no matter how original it may seem to you, chances are, someone has already used it or is thinking of using it.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #43
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Yeah, well...the name isn't really so original Rasta Hoosta Mista Schistosomiasis
Umm, that last one is a disease
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #44
-Stay Strong-

Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!

People can still take the name if they want. There's no rules.
Jordan~ is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #45
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Yup, you are entirely right, Jordan No one can stop you from naming your pet whatever you choose to name it...well...except Ganz...the will blank it out if it's unapproved
Old 01-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #46
-Stay Strong-

Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!Jordan~ is headed for the top!

Thanks for agreeing with me! Yeah sometimes you cant say words, like if you want to do Buttercup, you can't, because...yeah... lol
Old 01-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #47
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

LOL, Jordan, you can't even spell THAT word on here! (The name contains the slang word for your behind)
Old 01-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #48
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

good point i won't steal your name but sometimes in webkinz world it's so big that someone else might have the same name as u.
mantateelover is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #49
-Stay Strong-

Yeah i know! lol
Old 01-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #50

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

Ok....I guess I will try to sum it up a bit here----

If you name your pet after a FOOD (such as KIT KAT or Honey Bunches [of oh's].....), or milkshake, ect.....

OR, if you name your pet after a STATE, a CITY, someone famous--even if it is a cartoon character....then, the name is NOT unique....unless YOU created that character (like my co-worker's once made a comic book series called "SHUCK MAN" ) and then NEVER showed that comic book to ANYONE so, no one else knew about that character name.....

But, to edit my previous post I started calling my pets at home "honey bunches-of...(fill in the blank by the day)"....as my "pet name" for my husband is "honey"....and after my head injury, I had a REALLY hard time with my animals names....so, I started calling THEM "honey"....well, my husband could not understand why I was telling him to STAY, WAIT, GO DO YOUR BUSINESS....ect....so, I started adding words to the "honey"....such as "honey bunny"...."honey bunches of puppy"....."honey bunches of snowball"....ect. (it never really made much sense, but, I could say that easier without stuttering.

The mister pickels....I did see that finally last night on a commerical....it was a little chihaha kind of dog....and the lady was running a doggy day care...I have no idea WHAT they are actually seliing in the commericial, but, she says the dogs name specifically....

Do I think it is a shame when you picked out a "great name" and someone steals it on you? Yeah....but, if the name is one that is not entirely "unique".....it is bound to happen.....by either someone purposely, or just accidently.

fluffrnuttr
Closed

Tags
cheese!