Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #31
likes being a
Gift Guru
 
yummee2's Avatar
yummee2 is a glorious beacon of lightyummee2 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

Wow, I never really thought of it that way. I see such cool and original names sometimes and I am often stuck trying to think of a name for my Webkinz that I will often use a name of a Webkinz I see in the Clubhouse or something.
I always remember the saying "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
Sometimes its hard to know if someone has copied a name, there are so many people playing webkinz its hard to tell.
yummee2 is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #32
lucky3900
Gifted
 
lucky3900's Avatar
lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

I completely agree and understand but sometimes you can accuse people and they didn't steal it. By the way, this doesn't just happen with names it happens with avvies, sayings, siggies, titles anything really. The best thing to do is ask permission and if the person doesn't say yes then you leave it alone.
lucky3900 is offline Female
Old 01-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #33
froschak
Gift Guru
 
froschak's Avatar
froschak has a reputation beyond reputefroschak has a reputation beyond reputefroschak has a reputation beyond reputefroschak has a reputation beyond reputefroschak has a reputation beyond reputefroschak has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
Sure this has came to mind to most of us.
Sure you could take it if it's something common like,Bubbles,Fluffy or Lucky;but if it's it's something like
Honey Bunches (i named my love monkey that) don't steal it because that name is original.
Someone could've also worked very hard on that name,like before i got my cocker spaniel (summer 2007) i had already chose out a name,Mr.Pickles (please don't steal the name Mr.Pickles)
Maybe you really want that name but it's very original and some one worked hard on it,even if you want it really badly,don't take it without permission from the owner of the webkinz with that name,and if the person say's you can not take it then DONT take it
While I think that you have valid points on common names, I do not agree with you on those uncommon names. While you may think that you are the only person that came up with that idea or thought the reality of it is that someone else could have had the same idea. Does not mean that it is the same webkinz or not just that someone could have used the name before. Case in point being that my nieced name her monkey (the brown one) Honey but wanted to add something else to make it a little different so hers is named Honey Bunches, the bunches part for bunches of bananas. So while you and her have never met, and she is not on WI. If she were to use your argument she could say that you stole her name idea because you came across it in WW.

With that being said remember that most people use a name because they like it, take it as a compliment if you truly believe that they "copied" you.
froschak is offline Female
Old 01-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #34
WHONKY TOWN™
Gift Guru
 
kinztown194's Avatar
kinztown194 is an unparalleled talent
kinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

I agree. But, if you do not want your names to be copied, don't post it publicly since people can steal them without asking you or your permission. I don't take other people's names since I like to make up my own creative names
kinztown194 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #35
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)
 
lizzyxwebkinz's Avatar
lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

View Post Originally Posted by froschak
While I think that you have valid points on common names, I do not agree with you on those uncommon names. While you may think that you are the only person that came up with that idea or thought the reality of it is that someone else could have had the same idea. Does not mean that it is the same webkinz or not just that someone could have used the name before. Case in point being that my nieced name her monkey (the brown one) Honey but wanted to add something else to make it a little different so hers is named Honey Bunches, the bunches part for bunches of bananas. So while you and her have never met, and she is not on WI. If she were to use your argument she could say that you stole her name idea because you came across it in WW.

With that being said remember that most people use a name because they like it, take it as a compliment if you truly believe that they "copied" you.
What i probably for got to say up there is,that if they don't know it's FINE.But if they know that you named your pet that thats different.So i DONT mind that your niece has named her pet that since i have never met her.Thank you for voicing your opinion.

Anywayz.....
I don't mind the taking names part;it's just some people who take the original names from other people take credit for it and say they made it even though they know that they took it from a person,if they use it for a pet but don;t know someone else has it;therefor both webkinz owners
take full credit

---------- lizzyxwebkinz added 4 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I could really care less if someone takes my names...as a matter of fact when the 'call' comes from the 'Help i need a name' section, I readily give my names away. I Named my Seahorse Squeegee...Like it It's yours
My Buffalo: Tatonka Like it, go ahead and use it
My Black poodle : Guardian...be my guest
My Brown Cow: Bovina PorVous
My Hedgehog: Javiera
My Gold and white cat: Gingerly
My Crocodile: Stevie
My Penguin: Baby
My Chihuahua: bruno
My Pink pig Penelope
My Purple Monster: Plum
My Tinkerpup: Rin Tin Tin
My Manatee : Hugh
My Triggerfish: Saphira
My Gold and White Kitten: Dixie
My Alley Cat: Tiggerly
My seals : Harper, Glacier, Freddie and Tupper (Like Tupperware seals )
My Whimsy Dragon : Abitibi
My Bubblegumasaurus : Serendipity
My Floral Fox : Emerald
My Spotted Leopard : Freckles
My St. Bernard : Bernadette
My Basset : Sherlock
My Unicorn : Uniqua
My Hippo : Huckleberry
My Cardinal : Vermillion
My Toucan : Finala
My Blue Jay : Carter
My Hummingbird : Zathura
My Chicken Itty Bitty
My Gecko : Jubilee
My Persian Kitten : Winter
My white Rabbit: Fluffers
My Retriever : Cricket
My Carmel lion: Simba
My Pandas : Morgan Glory, Mulan, Prizzi
My Dalmatians : Cupid, Delaney, Domino. Shoshone, Astrid and Wisteria
My Pink Poodle : Antoinette
My Wintermint Reindeer : Harlequinn
My elephant : Gainan
My monkeys : Honey and Jorja
My Pug : Maia
My reindeer : Rudy
My Pink Googles : Pico and Velvet
My spotted leopard : Leona
There I think that is all of them
Thanks for the names;there nice but i most likely won't use them.
I also forgot to bring something up you mentioned in your post;If they give it to you it's perfectly fine since there letting you take it

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 01-24-2009 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #36
e must be
Gifted
 
Dixiecup's Avatar
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

Sweetie, my point is that no one has a monopoly on names. If that were the case my Child's name would be RastahoostaMistaschistosomiasis! Now...don't y'all be taking MY name
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #37
Gifted
 
FOREIGN's Avatar
FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

I really don't mind that much if anyone takes my names, I mean, the person that made the first dictionary didn't own the words in there, did he/she? So, really I don't think It's that big a deal if someone steals my names, but with other people, you do have a point. You should ask for permission, and if someone says not to use their names, you should do what they say, I mean, no one can own a name, but they did think it up.


View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Sweetie, my point is that no one has a monopoly on names. If that were the case my Child's name would be RastahoostaMistaschistosomiasis! Now...don't y'all be taking MY name


And dixie, original and awesome again. RastahoostaMisttaschistosomiasis! I can't believe I spelled it. Click the image to open in full size.
FOREIGN is offline
Old 01-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #38
Gifted
 
honeyluv55's Avatar
honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

Quote:
could really care less if someone takes my names...as a matter of fact when the 'call' comes from the 'Help i need a name' section, I readily give my names away. I Named my Seahorse Squeegee...Like it It's yours
My Buffalo: Tatonka Like it, go ahead and use it
My Black poodle : Guardian...be my guest
My Brown Cow: Bovina PorVous
My Hedgehog: Javiera
My Gold and white cat: Gingerly
My Crocodile: Stevie
My Penguin: Baby
My Chihuahua: bruno
My Pink pig Penelope
My Purple Monster: Plum
My Tinkerpup: Rin Tin Tin
My Manatee : Hugh
My Triggerfish: Saphira
My Gold and White Kitten: Dixie
My Alley Cat: Tiggerly
My seals : Harper, Glacier, Freddie and Tupper (Like Tupperware seals )
My Whimsy Dragon : Abitibi
My Bubblegumasaurus : Serendipity
My Floral Fox : Emerald
My Spotted Leopard : Freckles
My St. Bernard : Bernadette
My Basset : Sherlock
My Unicorn : Uniqua
My Hippo : Huckleberry
My Cardinal : Vermillion
My Toucan : Finala
My Blue Jay : Carter
My Hummingbird : Zathura
My Chicken Itty Bitty
My Gecko : Jubilee
My Persian Kitten : Winter
My white Rabbit: Fluffers
My Retriever : Cricket
My Carmel lion: Simba
My Pandas : Morgan Glory, Mulan, Prizzi
My Dalmatians : Cupid, Delaney, Domino. Shoshone, Astrid and Wisteria
My Pink Poodle : Antoinette
My Wintermint Reindeer : Harlequinn
My elephant : Gainan
My monkeys : Honey and Jorja
My Pug : Maia
My reindeer : Rudy
My Pink Googles : Pico and Velvet
My spotted leopard : Leona
There I think that is all of them
Aww. Love the names! But I like thinking up my own.
You named your Gold and White cat Gingerly! How sweet!
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #39
hat Remains.
 
MysticMist's Avatar
MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

I'm sorry...I disagree with this thread
(except for when somebody specifically tells you to "PLEASE DON'T STEAL THE NAME! OK?")

When I make a name, for example "Misti", and I don't say "Don't steal...", I am very proud when I see someone else in the clubhouse named that, just a special feeling in my head.

And, I would never call it "Stealing". Someone else just copies you...and you should be proud of that
MysticMist is offline Male
Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #40
Taylor Lautner<3
Webkinz :)
caseybff4ever will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Please don't steal other people's webkinz names

I agree with you that happened to me with one of my friends with my g&w cat named kit kat (please dont take that name) and i was really mad
caseybff4ever is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts