Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #31
radical
Gift Guru

madolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talent

Default Re: Please DONT do this!

I have to disagree.
If someone says no offense or just kidding, they mean they're not trying to be hurtful, and being silly.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #32
I'm Alive!
Webkinz :)

robinbin777 is just really nicerobinbin777 is just really nice

Wink Re: Please DONT do this!

You are right! And it doesn't just happen in posts...It happens in pms too! I have a friend who gets pms saying:
Quote:
Ooh, Bon Jovi stinks!
Quote:
Bon Jovi has the voice of a duck!
Quote:
Bon Jovi's ugly!
It is just not right! Why post or pm something that isn't nice?

robinbin777 :pgn:
robinbin777 is offline Male
Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #33
ho's in the house?
Gifted

Beaudog6253 is a splendid one to beholdBeaudog6253 is a splendid one to beholdBeaudog6253 is a splendid one to beholdBeaudog6253 is a splendid one to behold

Your right! You can state your opinion but you don't have to be rude! For example, if your looking at a new outfit someone just bought and they're asking if you like it you could say, "it's not really my style, but I'm sure it looks great on you!" That's stating your opinion AND not being rude!
Beaudog6253 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #34
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

I guess whenever you get a lot of people in one location rudeness is bound to happen. The fact is though that rudeness is against the rules. The best thing to do is always seek help by flagging the post. I think it is inside all of us to know that rudeness under any circumstances is wrong. The Mods here on WI are very good about dealing with posts and inappropriate behavior. We should trust them and let them handle things. I don't think its ever a good idea to take matters in our own hands though. The Mods are in place to do just that, "moderate." I have found that for the most part WI is full of friendly, thoughtful and nice people. I encounter very few rude comments compared to the nice ones. If someone is sending rude PM's a moderator should be notified of that also.

When others ask us our opinion, while it is true they think they want it, chances are they will not like it if it is the opposite of theirs. So my rule is its better to not say anything sometimes rather than feel its my right to state my opinion. Even if I state my opinion in a nice way...there are just times saying nothing is a better move.

Last edited by Tula; 08-10-2009 at 10:38 AM..
Tula is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #35
maltingheartforcats
Gift Guru

swisscheese101 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
I guess whenever you get a lot of people in one location rudeness is bound to happen. The fact is though that rudeness is against the rules. The best thing to do is always seek help by flagging the post. I think it is inside all of us to know that rudeness under any circumstances is wrong. The Mods here on WI are very good about dealing with posts and inappropriate behavior. We should trust them and let them handle things. I don't think its ever a good idea to take matters in our own hands though. The Mods are in place to do just that, "moderate." I have found that for the most part WI is full of friendly, thoughtful and nice people. I encounter very few rude comments compared to the nice ones. If someone is sending rude PM's a moderator should be notified of that also.
Took the words out of ym mouth.... the staff here at WI is doing a WONDERFUL job at being staff, let's let them continue to do so.
swisscheese101 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #36
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Flagging does get rid of it, like others stated. If someone took offense to it, please tell them not to say rude things on other's threads as well, and say it in a nice, mannerful way.

There have been many threads like this, and I agree with it all.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #37
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by madolly
I have to disagree.
If someone says no offense or just kidding, they mean they're not trying to be hurtful, and being silly.
Sometimes people don't understand the fact of a joke, and 'no offense' and 'just kidding' don't help as much as you think they do.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #38
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

exactly! Like someone posted on my friends HP contest saying "HP is stupid, blah blah blah, how can you like it, blah blah blah, no offense, but I really hate it, blah blah blah.." That was seriously offensive to us!
I totally agree. Saying 'no offense' after a rude comment doesn't automatically make it okay to post.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #39
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
exactly! Like someone posted on my friends HP contest saying "HP is stupid, blah blah blah, how can you like it, blah blah blah, no offense, but I really hate it, blah blah blah.." That was seriously offensive to us!
I totally agree. Saying 'no offense' after a rude comment doesn't automatically make it okay to post.
If you ever have to say, "no offense" after you have made a comment..the fact you are writing that shows you know it is in fact "offensive." Best to start over and reword..
Tula is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #40
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
If you ever have to say, "no offense" after you have made a comment..the fact you are writing that shows you know it is in fact "offensive." Best to start over and reword..
Very true! You said the exact thing that hadn't been said yet. To say "No offense" means you know it's not the best thing you could say or the best way you could say it.
Polarity is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!