Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

go-gogoogles has a spectacular aura aboutgo-gogoogles has a spectacular aura about

Default Please do not take credit for something you did not think of

I would like to remind you that if you post somebody elses work, do not post it on a different thread and say it is yours.

Today, as I was reading a thread, I saw my work exactly the same as I had it on my thread. That person got a rep for the idea, even though I thought of it. At the moment, I am not happy for copy and paste.

By the way, I sent that person an e-mail reminding them not to do that. Should I do anything else about it?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: Please do not take credit for something you did not think of

I agree, people should definitely not try to pass off someone else's work for their own, that's not fair at all, really. I'm sure people don't want to work hard on something just to have it stolen. If you ever see anyone doing something like that, you should talk to them about it, but it also really depends on the situation.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

I agree, I wouldn't be happy if someone took one of my ideas and got credit for it...
Old 01-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
I wish I was a

doglover16 is a jewel in the roughdoglover16 is a jewel in the rough

your right, at least they should let everybody know if they do it, I used someone else's info once and I Quoted their message and said --thanks [their username]!
doglover16 is offline Male
Old 01-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

I agree. There are things I see on here that are very unique and creative. If you see something you want to share with some of your friends or draw attention to it, you should contact the PERSON who created it and ask their permission. Sorry that happened to you.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

right, people should not just steal, and take credit for things. at least ask before and give the owner credit.
that way it would be fair.
thanks for the thread,
♥peep
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 01-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Thats right,I hate that.Rep to u.
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 01-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #8
I be Shadow. >:D
Gifted

shadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clown

I hate things like that—I haven't ever experienced plagiarism myself, but I actually stopped posting one of my stories on WI because of fear of this.

It sounds like you did a good job of handling the situation. I would also bring it up with a moderator if it is a very serious matter to you.
shadowsown88 is offline Female
Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

This has hapen on threads, I psot "Hoiw about so and so!" and someone posts, "How about so and so " I told them it was my idea in as poilite a way as I could If this continues, PM a mod.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 01-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by go-gogoogles
I would like to remind you that if you post somebody elses work, do not post it on a different thread and say it is yours.

Today, as I was reading a thread, I saw my work exactly the same as I had it on my thread. That person got a rep for the idea, even though I thought of it. At the moment, I am not happy for copy and paste.

By the way, I sent that person an e-mail reminding them not to do that. Should I do anything else about it?

If someone did that to you, you should definitely flag it and show it to a mod. This is totally wrong because everyone has to work to come up with something that good, or to get reputation points for it. Anyone who can't think up something they like so that they copy and paste it should feel terrible. I hope that you stop what happened, stealing is wrong.
Closed