Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
Call me Jessica!.
Webkinz :)

itsjesszica32 is on a distinguished road

Default Please Close This Thread.

Hello, everyone! So I was looking around in the Creative Writing section the other day, and I noticed that all of the stories required to be age-appropriate, which of course makes sense. But it got me thinking, “Is it possible we could have different sections for different ages?”

I understand that the stories are age-appropriate for many reasons. There are plenty of young children that go on WI, which makes perfect sense. But is there any possible way we could have age groups? Like, a section in the Creative Writing section for All Ages, and maybe Ages 12+, and so on.

In the All Ages section, we could post stories that we currently have. Maybe, in the Ages 12+ section, we could post stories that are more preteen/teen centered. Lots of books, TV shows, and movies that preteens/teens are interested in are about middle school and maybe even high school. I’m sure they’re plenty of preteens/teens on WI that like those kinds of stories and would like to see some (just my assumption). There are also plenty of (mainly) girls who also like romance stories, as I’ve seen before mentioned. Maybe there could be some slight romance, although probably only as far as holding hands, and possibly some dating. A lot of the twists happen in the relationships. And I know this is almost all based on the romance factor, but I’m sure they’re many more things that would better be suited for the Ages 12+ section rather then the Creative Writing section we have now, where it has to be appropriate for all ages. Maybe someone would like to write about the life of a middle schooler, which I think would fit better in the Ages 12+ section. I personally prefer realistic fiction novels because it relates more to my life. Although I do agree that fantasy is thrilling, realistic fiction, such as preteen/teen centered books, is more of my cup of tea.

And how exactly could we prevent the younger audience from going into the Ages 12+ section? Well, in the WI member registration, the first thing they ask of you is your birthday. That way, the system knows how old each member is. And I’m sure vBulletin could make sure younger members don’t go in the wrong section, since non-Gifted members are prevented from going to the Gift Exchange section of the forum. It pretty much works the same way.

Thank you for taking the time to go through this thread, whether it has a chance or not. I’m sorry this thread is so long, I guess I just had a lot to say on the subject. I gladly appreciate any comment, suggestion, and opinion you have to offer! Thanks again! (:

<3, Jessica

Last edited by itsjesszica32; 06-29-2010 at 11:49 PM..
itsjesszica32 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #2

kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell
kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Creative Writing Section Suggestion -- Different Sections for Different Ages?

I love this idea! I'm a teenage writer and would love to post some of my stories on here.
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Default Re: Creative Writing Section Suggestion -- Different Sections for Different Ages?

We've never allowed breaking any part of the forum up into different age sections. This is a family friendly forum so all of it needs to be kept as such, suitable for all ages. Usergroups also cannot be broken down by age. Gifted is Gifted, Webkinz is Webkinz, etc. We are vigilant about keeping members safe and not allowing personal information such as age to be posted, so on a public forum, that would go completely out the window. It's just not the place for dating/relationship/romance stories and such to be posted, and breaking the forum into age sections is not what WI is about.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

I think WI is more of an age friendly type of site. I like seeing lots of types of stories all ready- more child ones, like Webkinz stories, more teen ones, more fan fiction ones. It's great.

I would like to share my teenage short stories & chapters as well but I don't think WI is the place for that. There are some great forums out there that would gladly accept your writing though!
jaspyr is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
Call me Jessica!.

itsjesszica32 is on a distinguished road

Thank you, to everyone who posted! I'm surprised how I got three replies so quickly. Thanks Jennielou, and jaspyr, I understand. I was just wondering if it would ever be possible. Thanks for letting me know! This thread I guess then can be closed. (:
itsjesszica32 is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

It's been said from the beginning that WI wouldn't be split up according to ages... and I think it should stay that way.

One could always make an account on DeviantArt and post their stories there, if WI doesn't allow the content.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
God made u beautiful
Gifted

webbieluvr1924 is a forum hero
webbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum hero

Although I would love to see those types of stories here on WI, it would be very hard.

Like Jeenielou said, a Webkinz is a Webkinz and Gifted and Gifted. The status is what makes you able to unlock the certain forum section.

Giving away personal information is not allowed. Someone might slip and say "Yay! I'm finally allowed in this section!" Giving away their age (12).

It would be unfair to younger kids. Imagine 10 and 11 year-olds who are just a few years from that section and want to be in it badly, knowing they might still not be interested in WI a few years from them.

The younger than 13 needing permission rule. Many members here on WI lie about their age when they first join so they don't have to go through the trouble of going through the permission stuff. If they say they're 13 but really aren't, then they'd have access to a section of the forum with 'inappropriate' stuff for their age.

These are just my thoughts. It's a nice suggestion but I don't think it would work.
webbieluvr1924 is offline Female
Closed