Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Please close, idea now irrelevant

PLEASE CLOSE

I got this idea from http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e-mods-525046/

Head of Sections
I thought that it was a broad topic, so I suggested I would narrow it into my idea.

Well, my idea is that we have a Head Webkinz for each section, which, would be a new usergroup such as "Head of Open Mike" "Head of Role Plays" "Head of Creative Writing".

All of those members would be hand picked by the mods/admins.

I could suggest certain members like Ave for head of WI General Rules and Suggestions, and Lullabell for Role Plays.

Regulars of Sections

You could also take this a little further if they would like, and have "Regulars of sections"

It would require the same amount of work, but I would say that there would be a good 10 members, who are very active in their section, and know almost everything about it.

To much work for the staff?

My answer: No.

For those of you who are saying "It would be to much work for the staff." I need to say that it wouldn't.

The most complex part of this would involve choosing the members to be head of one section.

In the vBulletin admin control panel, it looks something like this: See attachment #1

All you would need to do is go to the usergroups tab, and then create the new usergroups, disable some sections, then go to the users profile, and attach them as an additional usergroup user for the Head of Blank. (I removed the picture of users profile in the ACP as it contained personal information of my site.)

See the pictures below for the steps.

The pictures might look different in the WI ACP, but, they are generally the same.

So, it would be pretty simple to add these.

Thank you all for reading my idea, and please post your questions, comments, and everything down below.

Suggestions on this thread by readers
Quote:
Yeah. Good point. Maybe the mods could have a head for like a month and then you get altered? Like maybe Head of the Month.
-Claire :]
Attached Images
File Type: jpgPicture 6.jpg (195.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: pngPicture 7.png (11.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pngPicture 8.png (173.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by januarywebkinz; 07-07-2009 at 05:30 PM..
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
i think imma
Webkinz :)

clublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Head People For A Section

That's a cool idea!
clublab30 is offline Female
Old 07-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

So would the persons given the title of "Head Webkinz" help moderate their section? Or what would be their job?
Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

I think thats a cool idea, but i think a lot of people would be offended if they weren't picked, or if they weren't in the Top 10, even though they post a lot. But i do think its an awesome idea (:
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
So would the persons given the title of "Head Webkinz" help moderate their section? Or what would be their job?
It would depend on what job the moderators/admins gave them, it could just be a title, or they could have the ability to close bad threads (In that section), etc.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
-Alicia‚ô•

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

I think they already have something similar to that.....
Ex., found at the bottom of Arte's Curio Shop section.
Quote:

Display Options Moderators Showing threads 1 to 30 of 308 Moderators : 2 Sorted By
Thread TitleLast Post TimeThread Start TimeNumber of RepliesNumber of ViewsThread Starter Thread Rating Sort Order
AscendingDescendingFrom The
Last DayLast 2 DaysLast WeekLast 10 DaysLast 2 WeeksLast MonthLast 45 DaysLast 2 MonthsLast 75 DaysLast 100 DaysLast YearBeginning COWS4YOU, mommamea13
Sorry this is in a weird order. Anyways, Cows4you and mommamea13 are the mods for that thread
teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 07-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
me is bored xD
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by xoxoilyalyssa
I think thats a cool idea, but i think a lot of people would be offended if they weren't picked, or if they weren't in the Top 10, even though they post a lot. But i do think its an awesome idea (:
You pose a fair argument, but as it is how some people may be offended if they run for mayor/governor/president, and they don't get "picked". Everyone knows that they might not get picked, but it can still be something that they could work for.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
me is bored xD
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by teaandpizza
I think they already have something similar to that.....
Ex., found at the bottom of Arte's Curio Shop section.

Sorry this is in a weird order. Anyways, Cows4you and mommamea13 are the mods for that thread
I understand how they have moderators for a certain section, I'm talking about people can get a new title, and they would be normal members, not mods and admins.

This would be a way to let the people speak, so to speak. (Pun intended )
Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
You pose a fair argument, but as it is how some people may be offended if they run for mayor/governor/president, and they don't get "picked". Everyone knows that they might not get picked, but it can still be something that they could work for.
Yeah. Good point. Maybe the mods could have a head for like a month and then you get altered? Like maybe Head of the Month.
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
me is bored xD
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by clublab30
That's a cool idea!
Thank you for your opinion
Closed