Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #1

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Default Please avoid downloading Anti-Virus 2008.

Hi everyone,
this is a general FYI - Please avoid downloading the "anti virus" program Anti-virus 2008.
It has been reported to be a virus itself by a number of people. - If you have downloaded it I wouldn't recommend trying to remove it yourself as it could seriously harm your system.

You'll either need to take it into the "geek squad" or reformat with your windows disk and hope that fixes it. (Please ask who owns the computer before doing anything like this).

This Bogus system's contact information doesn't work at all -
so you're also out of luck in contacting the "company" at all.

You could also try downloading AVG 8.0 and see if that can remove it as well:
http://free.grisoft.com/

Also, if you're asked to download the new Java program check their site at Java.com and do not download it from random sites.

Stay safe everyone. When in doubt, don't download it.

Thank you TIAkinZ for more information:

View Post Originally Posted by TIAKinZ
If you have this program, and it works fine, then it's not the same one!
This one is called "XP Antivirus 2008" or "Vista Antivirus 2008" or "Antivirus XP 2008".
It usually starts out as a pop-up ad, saying you have a virus, and you can run a free virus-scanner. Next thing you know, the program is installed, and if you don't pay for it, it runs constantly, and gives fake warnings, and says you need to pay for the program for it to clean the virus.
If you try and uninstall it, good luck! It either won't, or it will, but next time you restart your computer, its back! You need to manually delete every exe, dll, and lnk file, as well as the registry values, and also, make sure all related processes are stopped first, because you can't delete a file in use.
Not to mention you now also need to get rid of any spyware, malware, and/or trojans this thing came bundled with.
These programs are a pain to remove, your best bet is to not get it in the first place. And this isnt the type of virus that sneeks in with some email attachment, they almost always start out as a pop-up ad for a free virus scan/removal, never ever click on those!

Last edited by MissGnomie; 06-29-2008 at 11:47 AM..
MissGnomie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Please avoid downloading Anti-Virus 2008.

thankz. im not allowed to download anything without asking anyway. Also don't open an email with the subject postcard, thats a virus too.
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

Thanks for the tip!!!!
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
bitsyluv. SHYAA, i'm
Gifted

bitsyluv will become famous soon enough

awesome info!!! rep! this is actually helpful and beneficial to wi!!
bitsyluv is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
Merry Christmas!
Gift Trainee

lkemper has a spectacular aura about

mine works!

---------- lkemper added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

i have that program, and it benifits my computer, it dosent harm it!

Last edited by lkemper; 06-28-2008 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lkemper is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
lovemypug1245
Gifted

bassetlvr101 is on a distinguished road

errr ive already downloaded it...now i know wat to expect...thank you so much!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #7
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted

leahme999 has disabled reputation

lkemper and bassetlvr101, I really hope that you didn't download the same program as MissGnomie said. If you did, talk to your parents about it and try the contact info.
leahme999 is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #8
i am the best

hollistergirl475 is a splendid one to beholdhollistergirl475 is a splendid one to beholdhollistergirl475 is a splendid one to beholdhollistergirl475 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the heads up missgnomie! always looking out for other members.... so nice of you! *rep.*
hollistergirl475 is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #9
I Love Fall

d8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud of

I really like AVG 2008.It works well for me. Thanks for the warning
d8471 is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #10

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

View Post Originally Posted by d8471
I really like AVG 2008.It works well for me. Thanks for the warning
AVG 8.0 and Anti-virus 2008 are two different programs.
I love AVG 8.0 I would recommend everyone looking into it.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Closed