Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Smile A place for fun =]

I feel so silly about this, but I just recently noticed a WI option, and it struck me quite odd. The option to 'break' a friendship. I just stared at it for a moment. Really? Why would a site like Webkinzinsider have an option to un-befriend a member, why because you just don't like that person anymore? No, if you did happen to just hate a member on here, then you could report them, not just break the friendship, its really not nessicary.

I would never be so rude! I think this option should be deleted, for the sake of what WI is all about. Happiness and fun. I hope you all agree with me, but if not please state your wanted opinion. Thank you for reading!

Hope
runlikethewind is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: A place for fun =]

I get what you mean, and I'm on the line with this.

Breaking a friendship is a harsh way of putting it, but maybe they can just change it so the wording is different? Also, I think people should have the freedom to accept/decline/break friendships. Just my opinion

Great thread though! Thanks for bringing it up!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
call me maggie
Webkinz :)

galpalm is a glorious beacon of lightgalpalm is a glorious beacon of light

i think if you like have a real world friend and you stop being friends with them then you should have the option toi unfriend them in wi or if you dont want to be friends with someone and its no an issue that should be reported you should have that option but i do think they should reword it
galpalm is offline Female
Old 03-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

I see what you are saying, but I think people should have the freedom to do what they want.

What if that member has left the site, and you wanted to take them off? Without that option, you couldn't do that.

People have their reasons and their freedom, I'll leave it at that.
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
ill miss you all!
Banned
andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!

I think we should have the option to break friendships. It is invisible, so if you do, the other person will not notice.
andrewhoya is offline Male
Old 03-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

thank you all for posting

Quote:
get what you mean, and I'm on the line with this.

Breaking a friendship is a harsh way of putting it, but maybe they can just change it so the wording is different? Also, I think people should have the freedom to accept/decline/break friendships. Just my opinion

Great thread though! Thanks for bringing it up!
I also think that would be nice to just be able to 'decline' friendships

Quote:
think if you like have a real world friend and you stop being friends with them then you should have the option toi unfriend them in wi or if you dont want to be friends with someone and its no an issue that should be reported you should have that option but i do think they should reword it

you bring a good point, and re-wording it might be better, somethign like, 'finish' this friendship, maybe, I dont know
Old 03-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

'Breaking' a friendship isn't the best way to say it, but I think we should keep it

For instance, what if that person is banned, or said something rude? You may not want to be friends with them anymore, even if you do report them. I mean, it's your place to decide who your friends are.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 03-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
♥♥
Gifted

Thats a good point lil horselover
Old 03-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

I see what your saying, but I have to slightly disagree. Just as in realy life, we should all have a choice to accept, decline, and 'break' friendships. Some people are just not meant for other people.

I think the option is there in case someone was banned or if they said something they shouldn't have.

This is my side of this topic
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 03-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Arrow Re: A place for fun =]

View Post Originally Posted by runlikethewind
I feel so silly about this, but I just recently noticed a WI option, and it struck me quite odd. The option to 'break' a friendship. I just stared at it for a moment. Really? Why would a site like Webkinzinsider have an option to un-befriend a member, why because you just don't like that person anymore? No, if you did happen to just hate a member on here, then you could report them, not just break the friendship, its really not nessicary.

I would never be so rude! I think this option should be deleted, for the sake of what WI is all about. Happiness and fun. I hope you all agree with me, but if not please state your wanted opinion. Thank you for reading!

Hope
I agree, but disagree. Sometimes you just don't talk to that person anymore. Sometimes parents don't know that their kids are really accepting friends, or if they are even allowed on here. Do you get what I am saying? Also,thats just my opinion.
badena2 is offline Female
Closed