Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #51
Emmie317

Default Re: Personal Clocks

Great idea, monkee!

I, personally, would love to see other's local times. Not only would it help that person to see what time it is, but it could help other users, too. Some people have such close friends on WI, that they actually know their schedule, like what time they wake up, and so on and so forth. That particular user could check one of their friend's posts, and see what time it is at their house. Then, they'd know what time that person would most likely be on.

Also, another suggestion for it, maybe it could display their date and Standard Time Zone ?
Date because, as I am far sure you all know, there are a lot of members of WI, and it's possible that some live on different continents, maybe across the International Date Line, so they would be having a whole other day. And, some people aren't sure of the Standard Time Zones yet, so they could learn a little social studies./science lesson- What are the Standard Time Zones?

Hope this post helped a litte
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #52
suzanne200
Webkinz :)

webiekinzrule12 is on a distinguished road

great idea! it would be totally great 4 the G.E. (which i'm training for)
webiekinzrule12 is offline Female
Old 06-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #53
Webkinz :)

kgirl72 is a glorious beacon of lightkgirl72 is a glorious beacon of lightkgirl72 is a glorious beacon of light

That is a very good idea!
kgirl72 is offline Female
Old 06-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #54
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

View Post Originally Posted by Emmie317
Also, another suggestion for it, maybe it could display their date and Standard Time Zone ?
Date because, as I am far sure you all know, there are a lot of members of WI, and it's possible that some live on different continents, maybe across the International Date Line, so they would be having a whole other day. And, some people aren't sure of the Standard Time Zones yet, so they could learn a little social studies./science lesson- What are the Standard Time Zones?
I don't think that the date would affect much. For example, as long as it's 2:00 PM for someone at any given place, it's still going to be 2:00 PM for them in what they are doing or posting. No matter what day it is, they're still going to most likely be sleeping at 2:00 in the morning and awake at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Also, I added a miniscule section on the first post that gives a bit of background on time zones for you.

View Post Originally Posted by fashionpig
that would be great espacially for contests because somtimes they say "results will be posted tonight at 8:00" but for them it might be eight but for u it could be 10:00.
That is an interesting thought that has not been brought up yet. I'm sure that there could be many miscommunications between people that involve time zones, so the "personal clocks" would definitely help to eliminate that problem and others.

Last edited by monkeecj; 06-20-2008 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: I hate the Automerged Doublepost
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 06-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #55
FireClan

Yes, I am in the Central Time Zone, and it is confusing...although it is only 1 hour behind, I get very confused by the mix up. Especially is they have like events from one hour to the next.

-FireClan
Old 06-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #56
Evan101singingstar

i think we should have the optain to use the personal clocks,like we have the optian to use the gender symbols

if we have the optain of using, it's a good idea
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #57
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

View Post Originally Posted by Evan101singingstar
i think we should have the optain to use the personal clocks,like we have the optian to use the gender symbols

if we have the optain of using, it's a good idea
I kind of figured that new features automatically would be optional, but I guess it should have been stated.

Yes, the "personal clocks" would be optional, although I'm not sure why you wouldn't want it (unless you are completely afraid of giving out any information at all about yourself - not even a time zone).
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 06-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #58
lizzthefizz48
Gifted

webkinzluver48 is on a distinguished road

awsome idea! i would love to have a colored clock Rep points
Old 06-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #59
Emmie317

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
I don't think that the date would affect much. For example, as long as it's 2:00 PM for someone at any given place, it's still going to be 2:00 PM for them in what they are doing or posting. No matter what day it is, they're still going to most likely be sleeping at 2:00 in the morning and awake at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Also, I added a miniscule section on the first post that gives a bit of background on time zones for you.
Well, I wasn't saying for me. For other members, I'm quite familiar with the time zones already.

You posted the names of the time zones, but not the time difference, so someone could learn that.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #60
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

View Post Originally Posted by Emmie317
Well, I wasn't saying for me. For other members, I'm quite familiar with the time zones already.

You posted the names of the time zones, but not the time difference, so someone could learn that.
When I said I added it "for you", I meant I did it because you brought it up and asked for it.

And I also added a little bit on time differences, but it's not that easy to explain.
monkeecj is offline Male
Closed