Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

Default Personal Clocks

This idea kind of spun-off of the country flags in posts thread by AddictedToAnime21.

A "personal clock" would be a small clock-like icon in the bottom of posts next to the report flag and the new gender symbols.

The "personal clock" would show the current time where the member lives or is presently at. Everyone's clock would be different based on the time zone that person lived in. For example, if I lived in Massachusetts right now and another member lived in Oregon, my clock would say "7:00 PM" and the latter's would say "4:00 PM".

The reason these clocks would be helpful would be to know when to expect a member to be online, and to help make trades in the GE go more smoothly. It is possible for me to be awaiting a Private Message, for example, from a member who had previously told me "I will be on all day today," at 5:00 at night, and be confused when they don't log back on for another 12 hours until the next day. This member could have been living in a time zone 4 hours ahead of mine, causing the confusion.

The GE would benefit from these clocks by knowing when to expect a trade from another member. If one person lived in Australia and another in Canada, then it may be helpful to know when the other member would be on, to avoid potential anger at someone who does not return a reply or send a gift.

I'm sure there will be some objections somewhere to this idea, so let me know what you think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE:

It has been discussed that an actual clock-shaped icon would not be used for it would be too complicated of a feature to add.

The new "personal clocks" would be located down on the bottom center of a post (by the "modify"/"quote" buttons). It would be a text feature appearing similar to the following:

User Local Time: 8:00 PM

It has also been discussed that the time would remain the same for as long as a user was viewing the page, similar to the WI clock at the bottom of all pages.

This new feature would not limit the number of new features that could be added, or slow down the site in any way.

It has also been decided (well, I decided it by myself, but if anyone else has any input they may comment [see page 3]) that it would not harm anyone as to giving out too much information about a person. This knowledge has been reached via some extremely vague calculations by me!

Does this sound like a reasonable feature to be added with the new adjustments?
Also:

This is for anyone who isn't familiar with information about Time Zones:

The United States is divided into 9 different time zones itself (East to West): Atlantic Standard Time (AST), Eastern Standard Time (EST), Central Standard Time (CST), Mountain Standard Time (MST), Pacific Standard Time (PST), Alaskan Standard Time (AKST), Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HST), Samoa Standard Time (SST), and Chamorro Standard Time (ChST).

Each zone from East to West is one hour back in time. For example, if it is 2:00 PM in CST, then it would be 11 AM in AKST.

Samoa Standard Time is 7 hours behind EST, while Chamorro Standard Time is 10 hours behind EST. SST includes the American Samoa, while ChST covers Guam and the Northern Marina Islands.

At any given moment, I may have more than a 6 hour time difference with a trader if we both live in the United States (excluding SST and ChST).

Canada is divided into 6 different time zones. 5 of them are shared with the US (AST, EST, CST, MST, and PST) with the exception being Newfoundland Standard Time.
P.S. - If you think this is an idea that needs to be thought over by an administrator, simply place two of these symbols at the end of your posts:

Last edited by monkeecj; 06-23-2008 at 04:38 PM..
monkeecj is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
FireClan

Default Re: Personal Clocks

I think this is a VERY good idea.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
Pugsymugsy222
Gifted

Pugsymugsy222 is a name known to allPugsymugsy222 is a name known to allPugsymugsy222 is a name known to allPugsymugsy222 is a name known to all

I love this idea so much. Please PM this to a mod, I really want it to happen!
Pugsymugsy222 is offline Female
Old 06-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
elitegymnast0707
Gifted

kkaitlinn94 has a spectacular aura about

yea i think its a great idea!!
kkaitlinn94 is offline Female
Old 06-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

Does anyone see a sufficient reason NOT to have a "personal clock?"
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 06-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
Yeah, I have a
Webkinz :)
4everisnever has a spectacular aura about4everisnever has a spectacular aura about

no....i ttly agree!
4everisnever is offline Female
Old 06-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
Tale as old as timeā™„
Gift Guru

SaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of FameSaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
SaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of FameSaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of FameSaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of FameSaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of FameSaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of FameSaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of FameSaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of FameSaddleClub has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

Excellent idea!!

♥SaddleClub♥
SaddleClub is offline Female
Old 06-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
lightey1

I DO live in Massachustts! Great idea! Because like what if where you are it's like 9:00 and your trying to trade with someone but over where they are it's like... 1:00AM, you would have no clue at all!

---------- lightey1 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

BTW! Your idea's rock! Didn't you come up with the gender symbols?

Last edited by lightey1; 06-17-2008 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
my mom says im
Gifted

fuzzypenguin7 is a jewel in the roughfuzzypenguin7 is a jewel in the rough

I Would Love To Have Our Personal Clocks! And even maybe, we could decorate them the way we want. Like what color we want it, and if we want it to have stripes or poka dots.
fuzzypenguin7 is offline Female
Old 06-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #10
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

View Post Originally Posted by lightey1
I DO live in Massachusetts! Great idea! Because like what if where you are it's like 9:00 and your trying to trade with someone but over where they are it's like... 1:00AM, you would have no clue at all!

---------- lightey1 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

BTW! Your ideas rock! Didn't you come up with the gender symbols?
Thank you, I did come up with the gender symbols as well. Although I have been inspired from certain past ideas, like the old gender symbols below members' names when searched, and the thoughts of AddictedToAnime21 in the flags thread.

---------- monkeecj added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by fuzzypenguin7
And even maybe, we could decorate them the way we want. Like what color we want it, and if we want it to have stripes or poka dots.
Different styles would definitely be a great option, but that may have to wait until the actual clocks themselves are adopted (if done so).

I would love a bright orange one!

Last edited by monkeecj; 06-17-2008 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
monkeecj is offline Male
Closed