Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
gostop5
Gift Guru

gostop5 is just really nicegostop5 is just really nice

Default Are People Testing Gifters To See If They Follow The Rules?

I'm just curious if anyone knows if there's people out there trying to get gifters to break the rules. i am a few trades and a few posts away from guru status and i just had someone w/no trades pm me and offer me a cso i wanted for 1 i had. they had posted on my thread too that they wanted my item but made no offer. i pm's saying cuz of rules all neg. to be done on my thread. i then posted in my thread what could they offer me i didn't ask 4 item they offered in pm. they offered me the cso and a psi. i said that wouldn't be fair to them and said would just trade cso/cso unless they wanted something else of mine i wouldn't take psi they offered. i then pm'd them to say i responded and to check my thread. they then logged off and didn't respond. while i respect the rules i'm wondering if this was a legitimate newbie making an offer or if it's someone trying to get someone to break the rules to get thread shut down. has anyone else had something like this happen to them? i obey the rules and if it was someone just messing w/me or trying to test me i don't appreciate it. it wastes my time and if you just review someones thread you can see that they obey rules you don't need to try and trap someone.

would love some feedback on this please.
gostop5 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
Evan101singingstar

Default Re: Are People Testing Gifters To See If They Follow The Rules?

it never happend to me,your the frist persoon i have heard of that that happend to them
Old 08-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

if someone tries to trade via pm with you, forward the pm to an admin and let them take care of it
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
CleoCosette

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4U
if someone tries to trade via pm with you, forward the pm to an admin and let them take care of it
Good idea, Yeah, Someone did that to me. THey first PMed, and we nogitiated (please don't hurt me, lol) then she sent, I sent and they reported my for scamming them.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #5
NYMet
Banned
Mr. Met will become famous soon enough

I am sure that whoever is doing it and doesn't have a trade yet doesn't know the rule
Old 08-26-2007, 11:08 PM   #6
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

ohh Ive had my share of naive rebels come my way some I believe just dont know any better or do and just try to see how far they can get! its a shame some want to test the system, but thankfully the staff keeps on top of it!
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 08-26-2007, 11:12 PM   #7
rammste1n07
Gift Guru

rammste1n07 is a jewel in the roughrammste1n07 is a jewel in the rough

I've had my share of unfair offers already.
rammste1n07 is offline Male
Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #8
ZDNL
Gift Guru

GRANDMA T is on a distinguished road

The Best Thing To Do Is To Tell Them There Is No Trading With You Through Pm And To See You On Your Thread If They Continue Report It...
Old 08-26-2007, 11:43 PM   #9
Carlos

I've had it happen, and I told them to make the offer on my thread, but they never did. Also, the offer was fishy - two new exclusives for a boring rare. I've noticed that they have had two trades - one before they pm-ed me and one after.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #10
Gift Guru

k2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud ofk2ramal has much to be proud of

the mods keep a pretty close eye on trades andpm's so what you got was probably just anouther newbie who agreed but did not read rules
k2ramal is offline Female
Closed