Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
noomch
Webkinz :)

mentos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default people asking for image resizing at the "somebody help" section

i think there should be a rule against that. the help section is for questions, and asking people to resize is not a question, it's asking them to DO something for you. those people should go to a graphics shop and ask for a resize, or use a guide and resize their own graphics. recently i see a lot more of those requests in the help section, i think that's too much. it doesn't matter if there's a request or two once a while, but currently there are just to much of those requests, to my opinion. what do you people think?
mentos is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
no

pikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talent

Default Re: people asking for image resizing at the "somebody help" section

It's being posted in the wrong section. I think that you're supposed to post those in the graphics section...
Old 07-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
noomch

mentos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by pikachukick900
It's being posted in the wrong section. I think that you're supposed to post those in the graphics section...

yeah, and people are posting those a lot. and nobody does anything about it XD
mentos is offline Female
Old 07-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by mentos
yeah, and people are posting those a lot. and nobody does anything about it XD
Actually I beg to differ. I've seen a lot of helpful re-sizers helping people out in the Somebody Help! section.

Although I agree that these should be posted in the Avatar and Signature section, I see no problem with them being in the Somebody Help! section. I mean, they need help, isn't that what the section is for? And a lot less people visit the A&S section of the forum.

Anyway, maybe the rules should confirm you should post it in one or the other, or certify it's okay to post in both.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Delilah defies all odds
Delilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all odds

Well, it is in the Somebody Help section, and they are just asking for help, which there is nothing wrong against. But I personally think it would be better for them to put it in the A/S section because in the Somebody Help section, people go there to make helpful nonfluff posts, so there are a lot of times almost 30 posts on one resizing section. And I don't really think that resizing something should be counted as a nonfluff post. But I could be wrong.
Delilah is offline Female
Old 07-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I think sometimes people don't always think it is okay to post threads that are not shops in the Avatars & Signatures section, and that is why they post them in the Somebody Help! section. (: I think maybe just a sticky with"GRAPHIC RE-SIZES" in the title would work well (inside there would be a link to the A/S section explaining why it is better to post there.)

Along with that, any member who wants to become a GT can get some of their 50 posts by saying something along the lines of posting in the A/S section would give you better results. =)

But I also agree with you that there are more threads being posted for requests instead of questions, and that could be the beginnings of a change in that section's purpose.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #7

Priceless has disabled reputation

I disagree. I always am there to help them; though it would probably be better to post in the A/S section, doesn't mean they can't post in the Somebody Help! section.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by luv2writeNS
Actually I beg to differ. I've seen a lot of helpful re-sizers helping people out in the Somebody Help! section.

Although I agree that these should be posted in the Avatar and Signature section, I see no problem with them being in the Somebody Help! section. I mean, they need help, isn't that what the section is for? And a lot less people visit the A&S section of the forum.

Anyway, maybe the rules should confirm you should post it in one or the other, or certify it's okay to post in both.
I agree, Bree. I posted a resize request because i know more members visit the somebody help section more than the A/S section, so i would get more help. So, sorry but I don't support this idea.
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by ratgirl57
I agree, Bree. I posted a resize request because i know more members visit the somebody help section more than the A/S section, so i would get more help. So, sorry but I don't support this idea.

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I think sometimes people don't always think it is okay to post threads that are not shops in the Avatars & Signatures section, and that is why they post them in the Somebody Help! section. (: I think maybe just a sticky with"GRAPHIC RE-SIZES" in the title would work well (inside there would be a link to the A/S section explaining why it is better to post there.)

Along with that, any member who wants to become a GT can get some of their 50 posts by saying something along the lines of posting in the A/S section would give you better results. =)

But I also agree with you that there are more threads being posted for requests instead of questions, and that could be the beginnings of a change in that section's purpose.
I notice that most of the threads in the somebody help section are made by newer members. When I was brand new and had no idea how to do things, I'd be a little timid and shy to post a thread in the avatar and signature section. I think members are more comfortable with help threads then asking people to create things, so that means more Somebody Help! threads.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by luv2writeNS

View Post Originally Posted by Delilah
Well, it is in the Somebody Help section, and they are just asking for help, which there is nothing wrong against. But I personally think it would be better for them to put it in the A/S section because in the Somebody Help section, people go there to make helpful nonfluff posts, so there are a lot of times almost 30 posts on one resizing section. And I don't really think that resizing something should be counted as a nonfluff post. But I could be wrong.
Agreed with both of them.
And actually, I put one in the Somebody Help a couple weeks ago, and they actually moved it to the A/S section.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Closed