Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #11
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Passwords & Secret Codes ~ keep safe!

Very nice! A lot of people are getting hacked right now.. I got hacked last year (August 11th) and I thought i got hacked today because my password wasn't working at first and i was getting a lot of server errors that occurred about every 4 seconds.
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #12
e all love
Webkinz :)

pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum
pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum

One other way to stay protected is try NOT to use your birthday in your username or password. Though it may be easy to remember it is one of the first things people try, if they know your birthday of course
Old 07-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

Also make your password long as possible. It's much harder to guess that way, although hackers probably do have special programs to hack.
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Old 07-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #14
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Packerdan
Another tip, use nicknames that only you and your closest friend or family know about.
I'm sorry but I must disagree with this dangerous practice.

Your parents, grand-parents, OK they are fine for knowing your password or the nicknames used in them.

Most hacking and stealing of items, sad to say, is done by your friends, siblings, classmates. When logging in a public place, at school or the library, or a friend's house, hide your hands as you type in your password.
Keep your password a secret. Do not share it with your siblings or BFF... for you may have a fight tomorrow.
When having sleep-overs, put away your adoption codes out of sight, and preferably out of the room.

Be very careful of gift webkinz, for if the giver knows the pet code, they can get into your WW account and change the password.

When logging in a new pet, at the adoption agency, there is a big red warning page about keeping your pet code a SECRET. Heed it.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 07-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #15
noomch

mentos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledge

thanks, those are really great tips!
and if you see a scammer in the trading rooms, make sure you report them.
mentos is offline Female
Old 07-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #16
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

That what I do I report them on webkinz world in the clubhouse and the park too.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #17
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

Lol, after reading this i found out 2 things
1) my webkinz password rocks!! Its like impossibal to guess! A former interest and a random symbol and number.
2) I really should change my WI password. it could be someones first guess
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 07-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #18

GrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Thanks for the reminder......I have kept the same password since the internet came into existence......(yes I am That old....haha) But I have worked very hard the last few months and invested quite a bit of money into acquiring items for my account and I was really getting a little nervous....of course I am not going to tell anyone my password.....BUT.....my granddaughter knows it and she is young and kind enough to be fooled into telling it to someone she considers her "BFF"......so your post was just the nudge I needed to finally change it out to something more secure.....

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us all a "heads up"

GK~
Old 07-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #19
Gift Guru

fluffy113 is sweet stuff
fluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stuff

Wonderful tips!
fluffy113 is offline Female
Old 07-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #20
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Choosing a strong password is very important,and of course WI has a Guide on the subject:

Strong Passwords - Webkinz Insider Wiki
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
wi!