Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Smile Parental Controls

When you sign up, I think that their should also be an email sent to your parents stating what WI is about, and your parents would be able to access your account and set Parental Controls.

Parental Controls, for example, could be, setting how long you could be on WI at a time, etc.
It would automatically and immediately log you out of WI. That way, you could go and get some fresh air.
lizzyxwebkinz also said that they would see if you were releasing personal info., your parents would like to see that as well, to make sure you wouldn't so it anymore.
These settings would be what parents care about. Please suggest more Parental Settings as well. Thanks.

Quote:
You think WI isn't safe enough?

No! I feel it is very safe and a very nice forum. I just feel that your parents should be able to see what you're up to, to see if you're being a wonderful member. Such as school, to see if you're being a great student, and to make sure you aren't constantly on.

Quote:
Can't your parent just make an account?

My parents aren't interested in making an account, but wish to see what I'm up to, and to set the time of how long I've been on, such as Parental Controls on a television.

Quote:
What if my parents don't like me on WI, or don't know about it and I don't want them to?
You shouldn't be on any site without your parents' consent{permission,} let alone, join it.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by badena2; 08-11-2009 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Added another Question...
badena2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
sammy578 is just really nicesammy578 is just really nice

Default Re: Parental Controls

Well, what if some peoples' parents do not LIKE webkinzinsider? And they do not WANT their children to he an account on here? And what if they think that AFTER they made their chilld(s) an account? I am just saying, some people may not like getting these emails.
They might put them in junk, or call them spam.

SO yeah! But I do understand the parental controls. I have that too. xD
sammy578 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Great idea! If I were a parent (And If I were an adult xD),I'd defiantly want to see what my kids are up to. I would like to see if their releasing personal information,being cyber bullied,or being rude themselves. I also wouldn't want them on 24/7 either.
Great thread!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
no

badena2 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by sammy578
Well, what if some peoples' parents do not LIKE webkinzinsider? And they do not WANT their children to he an account on here? And what if they think that AFTER they made their chilld(s) an account? I am just saying, some people may not like getting these emails.

I do see what you're saying, but I'm sure most parents would be fine with WI. It's safe.
You shouldn't have an account with ANY online place before asking a parent, as well.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #5

Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!

Good idea, REP and -rates-
Pupcake is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
no

badena2 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by Pupcake
Good idea, REP and -rates-
Thank you, I'm glad that you agree.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
ATL<3

morgan! will become famous soon enough

good idea.. i did tell my mom about me singing up & she looked at the website.
but i think if your parent looks then it'll be fine. & for the time limit.. my mom sets a time for me. so if your mom really wanted to, she could do it... WI or no WI.
morgan! is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
no

badena2 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by morgan!
good idea.. i did tell my mom about me singing up & she looked at the website.
but i think if your parent looks then it'll be fine. & for the time limit.. my mom sets a time for me. so if your mom really wanted to, she could do it... WI or no WI.
Thank you for posting.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #9
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

That's a great idea...at first, my parents were always wondering who I was talking to and stuff, it took a while to convince them this was a safe site. I think the time limit would escpecially be great, the biggest problem I have with WI is how long I am on
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 08-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #10
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by sammy578

If they put them in the junk, then they are accepting that their child is going to be on doing stuff, and they should be trusted. If the parent doesn't care, then they can't really get on the kid if they have the account or spend to much time on.....
bob nws III is offline Male
Closed

Tags
cheese!, code orange