Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Juicy Couture has disabled reputation

Default our own html theme

i think that it'd be cool if members were allowed to design their own profiles. i know this probably isn't possible, but it's just an idea. i don't mean just picking out the colors and background, but to actually make our own html/css for our profile page. i got this idea from ******, not all of it but just parts. on ******, they have themes you can choose from or you can design your own css. i don't know if this is possible on vbulletin.
Juicy Couture is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 10:27 AM   #2

Lunagrrl defies all odds
Lunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all odds

Donation Award 
Default Re: our own html theme

I have to disagree, sorry.

Not many people are experienced with HTML or CSS. It could mess up the page if they made any mistakes. The pages wouldn't look right at all. (maybe to them, but maybe not to others and vice versa)

Sure, we could have shops experienced coders could open, but there would always be a few amateurs who'd try to do it themselves and screw it up.

I have little experience with HTML and virtually no CSS experience, I can barely make a basic table without messing up anything. I'm pretty sure a lot of members can relate to me.

I have to disagree.
Lunagrrl is offline Female
Old 06-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
katt †

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Hmm,,It might be OK...
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #4

Juicy Couture has disabled reputation

we would have premade htmls/css for people to use, and it would be optional. (:
Juicy Couture is offline Female
Old 06-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
webkinz_forever

I love the idea. I think there are amazing things you can do with CSS which wouldn't even require modifying the HTML.

This isn't a feature for vB, however, and I can imagine it'd be hard to code.

What I do to have custom themes is easy - google the plugin 'Stylish'. It's for Google Chrome and Firefox, and allows you to use your own CSS styles.

edit; Okay, for profiles that wouldn't work. I was thinking of something more subeta-ish.

Last edited by webkinz_forever; 06-18-2010 at 01:24 PM..
Old 06-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

It sounds like a good idea, but probably not possible with v-bulletin.

Even if it was possible, i really don't think everybody here knows how to code their own profile, i think our profiles look nice enough how they are
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 06-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
hat Remains.

MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Custom CSS may be possible, but that would involve compiling the actual code, making sure it "fits" with WI's layouts, hosting it somewhere, adding a link, etc. There may also be a inappropriate/safety risk associated with this.

I do think WI has a great enough profile system for now.
MysticMist is offline Male
Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
megan daisy.

CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!

This would be an ok Idea but who really spends time on their profile all they do is readd and post + pm and vm
CityCat is offline Female
Old 06-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #9

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Good Idea!
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 06-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

I love this idea.
Good thinking... Rylee?
Emma8432 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
rylee hearts glitter