Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #71
Gifted
 
Emloveswebkins's Avatar
Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

Yes, i totally agree with you. i tend to stay out of this section most of the time cause of some of the things i have seen, but you make a great point!! Rep for you
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #72
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru
 
Dogluver620's Avatar
Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

View Post Originally Posted by Emloveswebkins
Yes, i totally agree with you. i tend to stay out of this section most of the time cause of some of the things i have seen, but you make a great point!! Rep for you
Thanks, Em Sometimes I find myself looking at other sections more than this section too.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 05-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #73
Don't get knarky wit
Webkinz :)
 
Lyssa45's Avatar
Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

I agree that most people usually just might..copy a thread but put it in their own words. But it's still the same thing. I always try to suggest new ideas and new reminders, and I always apologize to the member if they said that I had copied their thread. The point is, old threads are repetitious, and new threads are always wonderful! (If I made sense!)
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 05-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #74
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru
 
Dogluver620's Avatar
Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
I agree that most people usually just might..copy a thread but put it in their own words. But it's still the same thing. I always try to suggest new ideas and new reminders, and I always apologize to the member if they said that I had copied their thread. The point is, old threads are repetitious, and new threads are always wonderful! (If I made sense!)
Thanks, Lyssa

That definitely is the same thing- and the owner definitely realizes it! I'm glad you always try to suggest new ideas and new reminders, because that's the whole point of this section. Apologizing to the member that had the original thread was nice of you as well
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 05-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #75
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Thanks, Em Sometimes I find myself looking at other sections more than this section too.
Same here, Em and DL. I lived here for a while, but it has started to get boring

I wonder if there is some sort of system, that "evaluates" your thread, by telling you if there are others like it(searching for key words and the like), saying when they were posted, etc. I doubt it exist, but it would be nice...
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 05-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #76
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru
 
Dogluver620's Avatar
Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
Same here, Em and DL. I lived here for a while, but it has started to get boring

I wonder if there is some sort of system, that "evaluates" your thread, by telling you if there are others like it(searching for key words and the like), saying when they were posted, etc. I doubt it exist, but it would be nice...
Thanks Bob

Yeah, same here! You should see how much time I spent in this section A lot more than I should have!

That would be a nice addition! You can find out when it was posted by the first post, and you can search up keywords (or just simply look down at the forum to see if there are any threads on the same topic already) but sometimes the search engine doesn't work as well.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 05-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #77
Slytherin for this
Webkinz :)
 
Baby252's Avatar
Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 
Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Thanks Bob

Yeah, same here! You should see how much time I spent in this section A lot more than I should have!

That would be a nice addition! You can find out when it was posted by the first post, and you can search up keywords (or just simply look down at the forum to see if there are any threads on the same topic already) but sometimes the search engine doesn't work as well.
I think their use to be a thing like that. It was at the beginning of 08. At the top it would say "Check out these threads" It was really cool.
Baby252 is offline Female
Old 05-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #78
WHONKY TOWN™
Gift Guru
 
kinztown194's Avatar
kinztown194 is an unparalleled talent
kinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talentkinztown194 is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

I agree. Sometimes, I see 2 (or even more) threads of the same topic on the first page. Again, it won't hurt if you check out the FAQ, rules, and subscribe to old threads if you ever need a reminder
kinztown194 is offline Female
Old 05-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #79
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru
 
Dogluver620's Avatar
Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

View Post Originally Posted by Baby252
I think their use to be a thing like that. It was at the beginning of 08. At the top it would say "Check out these threads" It was really cool.
Thanks, Baby!

I heard about that too- that would be something wonderful to bring back

View Post Originally Posted by kinztown194
I agree. Sometimes, I see 2 (or even more) threads of the same topic on the first page. Again, it won't hurt if you check out the FAQ, rules, and subscribe to old threads if you ever need a reminder
Thanks, Kinztown

That definitely wouldn't hurt at all- great suggestions!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 05-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #80
Gift Guru
 
smvmonkey's Avatar
smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 
Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

I heard from someone that there use to be an option where you type in a thread title for a new thread and it would come up with current threads that are like them.
I'm not sure why it was taken away, but it sounds really helpful and if possible, I think it should be brought back! Unless it caused problems or something, of course.
(I apologize if someone else has already posted about this...I just remembered.)
smvmonkey is offline Female
Closed

Tags
be original!!, code orange, emmie says dl is awesome, paco the taco!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts