Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #51
uv Deluxies
Gifted

lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness
lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

welcome LoriM13, please don't hesitate............some threads are worth repeating. I know that it is hard to be origional but sometimes people have an idea or a question and instead of reading through 10 pages of thread topics , they just start a new thread and get the answer more quickly, origionality is great but sometime a repeat can be a refresher for those who are new or those who missed it the first dozen times it was out LOL........................One can always bypass the thread they are not interested and only comment on the ones they want. Don't hesitate to post thread ideas or topics and we look forward to many more posts from LoriM13 and others
lemony is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #52
HAHAHAHAHa..ha..h...
Webkinz :)

Lynsee is a name known to allLynsee is a name known to allLynsee is a name known to all

I agree
I haven't made a thread in quite a while now. But to admit, my last thread that I made was practically a duplicate thread.
A lot of people do that too so that they can see who gets more posts. (In my opinion)
Lynsee is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #53
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by LoriM13
Kudos on the great thread. However I would like to say, as someone who is very new to the site and to this type of site, I am a little intimidated to post any new idea I have after reading this. I am now worried about repeating someone elses idea. I am never out to hurt anyone or embarass myself (though I have many times in my life...lol). I have had many ideas but with only having been a member for a short time, also a mom and work full time, it is very difficult for me to spend enough time on here to read all the old posts. Thus I am worried I would repeat someone elses idea. I am a webkinz addict, with over 50 pets in just over a year of membership, and I think this site is fabulous. I would love to get more involved with WI when I have the time, so please any advice you can give would be fabulous!
Oh, like lemony said, please don't hesitate. If you have a cool Webkinz idea, feel free to create a thread ... but it wouldn't hurt to just do a quick search (Advanced Search, preferably), in case there are duplicates. And you're not going to get in huge trouble or anything, even if you do create a duplicate by accident! We all make mistakes sometimes, just purposly plagerizing a thread has no use.
Welcome to !
View Post Originally Posted by lemony
welcome LoriM13, please don't hesitate............some threads are worth repeating. I know that it is hard to be origional but sometimes people have an idea or a question and instead of reading through 10 pages of thread topics , they just start a new thread and get the answer more quickly, origionality is great but sometime a repeat can be a refresher for those who are new or those who missed it the first dozen times it was out LOL........................One can always bypass the thread they are not interested and only comment on the ones they want. Don't hesitate to post thread ideas or topics and we look forward to many more posts from LoriM13 and others
Hmm ... I wouldn't quite state it like that. I mean, of course some threads are worth repeating, but if it's truly a 100% original idea, then someone shouldn't *deliberately* create another thread topic. If it's a current thread, then it's certainly not necessary to reopen another one, but if it's closed, you could ... say open another one, w/ permission from the original creator, and give them credit where credit is due .... kinda like what vanvan did, and her starz thread is very successful now.
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #54
Webkinz :)

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

What do you mean? I would like maybe an example. (It doesn't have to be real)

WI is a great place to discuss everthing! Good and bad parts of webkinz, ganz, the futre, and the past of WW.

~bballmars~

p.s. Sorry i just don't seem to undestand what you're saying.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #55
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Smiley Rockr
Yeah, I see what you mean by that. I actually think it'd be better if we had no threads than a bunch of threads that are exactly the same.
Thanks, Smiley! I'd actually rather have no threads than five threads on the same topic as well.

View Post Originally Posted by 13nattjo
I agree with you DL. I have been here for about 1 1/2 years and i was a guest for some time too and i have noticed that people are repeating ideas. People are loosing originality (like fuzzysocks had said earlier) Some people are suggestion the same idea over and over. So they are not that ammusing to us anymore.
Thanks, 13nattjo!

I agree, but people still post on them and say, "Great reminder!" and stuff like that, which just encourages people to keep on making them. They know that the idea has been repeated before, but I guess it's for something else other than making a thread....

View Post Originally Posted by jagular
i get really tired of repeat threads. something comes along like the birthstone pets. why does everyone have to start a thread? why not POST on an existing one? i think admin should merge them all. it is awful for someone with a new idea who has other people read it, then just make another thread of it to rob the original person's idea.
Thanks, jagular!

My point EXACTLY. Wonderful post

View Post Originally Posted by fuzzysocks
By the way i was wondering what KWIM meant?
Know what I mean

View Post Originally Posted by LoriM13
Kudos on the great thread. However I would like to say, as someone who is very new to the site and to this type of site, I am a little intimidated to post any new idea I have after reading this. I am now worried about repeating someone elses idea. I am never out to hurt anyone or embarass myself (though I have many times in my life...lol). I have had many ideas but with only having been a member for a short time, also a mom and work full time, it is very difficult for me to spend enough time on here to read all the old posts. Thus I am worried I would repeat someone elses idea. I am a webkinz addict, with over 50 pets in just over a year of membership, and I think this site is fabulous. I would love to get more involved with WI when I have the time, so please any advice you can give would be fabulous!
Thanks, LoriM!

Please don't feel that way! This thread isn't intended to make members feel like they shouldn't make threads. It IS difficult to look through all older posts, and I know my point might not have been very clear. I meant that when someone posts a thread (for example, courtesy), another person shouldn't go along and make a new thread about that as soon as they see that thread. I've been embarrassed many, many times, don't worry

If you ever need help, let me know! Send me a PM or a VM
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #56
00jacksonredwall

0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown0jacksonredwall is cool as a bunny clown

I agree with you. I see a lot of the same threads over and over, even by the same people!
0jacksonredwall is offline Male
Old 04-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #57
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by lemony
Hi Lemony

I know that SOME threads are worth repeating, but the regardless, the thread owner still feels like someone had taken their thread idea. If a thread has over 10 pages, I think that you still shouldn't start a new topic. You're taken credit for the idea that someone thought up and spent time on. It can be a great refresher (I definitely agree) but just not a bunch of threads that people already know about junking up this forum, you know?

View Post Originally Posted by Lynsee
I agree
I haven't made a thread in quite a while now. But to admit, my last thread that I made was practically a duplicate thread.
A lot of people do that too so that they can see who gets more posts. (In my opinion)
Thanks, Lynsee

Don't hesitate to make new threads! That really wasn't the purpose of this thread I just meant that if you do decide to make a thread, try to make it original. Everyone is special in their own way, so let it show through the way you write. I think that some people do it for the rep and WI$ as well

View Post Originally Posted by bballmars
What do you mean? I would like maybe an example. (It doesn't have to be real)

WI is a great place to discuss everthing! Good and bad parts of webkinz, ganz, the futre, and the past of WW.

~bballmars~

p.s. Sorry i just don't seem to undestand what you're saying.
Hi bballmars!

I meant that many threads are being created about the same idea over and over again. If you take a look at this section and look a few pages back, there will almost always be a courtesy thread on each page. It's a great place to discuss things, but lately I feel like this section hasn't been what it used to me.

View Post Originally Posted by 0jacksonredwall
I agree with you. I see a lot of the same threads over and over, even by the same people!
Thanks, Jackson! (hope you don't mind me calling you that)

They are always by the same people. Those are the same people that have rated down this thread as well.

Last edited by Dogluver620; 04-30-2009 at 07:28 PM..
Old 04-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #58
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

I agree, and I am glad someone brought this up for discussion. The thing I have a problem with are the "reminders", you know, the Red & Blue Ink, No spam rep, always follow the rules, etc. You can tell when someone makes a thread that they care about, and they know they have something good, and when they post a tired out idea(usually already in the FAQ), that they usually just want to get rep and friends off of. Those threads are boring, and, no offense to the makers, but why not try posting something new? As DL said, the originalty of threads is going down. Maybe the mods should begin deleting them, so that they do not pop up as much? I don't know...but there is a problem, and something needs to be done.
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 04-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #59
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
I agree, and I am glad someone brought this up for discussion. The thing I have a problem with are the "reminders", you know, the Red & Blue Ink, No spam rep, always follow the rules, etc. You can tell when someone makes a thread that they care about, and they know they have something good, and when they post a tired out idea(usually already in the FAQ), that they usually just want to get rep and friends off of. Those threads are boring, and, no offense to the makers, but why not try posting something new? As DL said, the originalty of threads is going down. Maybe the mods should begin deleting them, so that they do not pop up as much? I don't know...but there is a problem, and something needs to be done.
Thanks, Bob

I actually have stopped posting on those threads altogether. Many of the ideas in this forum are already used ideas (just scroll down this forum and there are multiple threads about the same subject). Rep is definitely playing a big part in this repeating thread thing, which i'm not really a fan of. It's really the thought that counts. Not what the outside says about you (in this case, your status and stuff like that) but the inside (whether you're honest, trustworthy, etc.) Those threads do get boring- I've reviewed pretty much all the stickies/rules/FAQ, so why do we need more on it? It's right there in front of you, right? I don't think mods will start deleting them, but I know something is being done.

And like jacksonredwall said, it's always the same people. Those people are also the people who probably rated this thread a one star (I really don't care) but I was a little shocked about that.... didn't they know that not all their threads were original?

Last edited by Dogluver620; 04-30-2009 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: added explanation
Old 05-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #60
uv Deluxies
Gifted

lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness
lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness

I too wouldn't like it if someone"copied" my idea and not give credit...............But you can always gently remind the person(as I have seen a few times) that this thread has been done but then add a comment so they don't feel so bad. Some people just make a reading mistake
lemony is offline Female
Closed

Tags
be original!!, code orange, emmie says dl is awesome, paco the taco!