Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #41
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

View Post Originally Posted by twilightcrz
I know what you mean! I feel like I've been stolen from, or plagerized (sp?), and I don't like to feel taken from. I've noticed this a lot with clubs and avatar/signature shops too. They'll take the format, and just customize it to your thread, but they'll leave most the sme. But what's the point of you even creating the thread, if it's technically from somebody else's work? It's okay to be guided by other threads, but make it YOU, not another Dixiecup, another Dogluver620, another Webkinzluver321, or one more Twilightcrz be the person that you are!

Like most of your topic was about though, there are quite a few duplicates that are just cluttering it up. If you see that your thread was already posted by another user, go check their thread out, and post that you agree with them and had the same idea. Totally amazing point! Have a stupendous night!
Thanks for posting, twilight!

That's EXACTLY how others feel when other people take their work and use it as their own. You bring up a fantastic point: just be YOU. You have your own personality, and your own ideas. Everyone thinks differently, so why not show others what you think?

Great point!

View Post Originally Posted by maggalina
Well I totally agree but they shouldn't be deleted unless the owner goes whoops didn't notice that you can rid of this thread now I accidentlly double posted my thread and both got delted
Thanks for posting, maggalina!

I'm not completely sure what you mean, do you mean that all duplicate threads are being deleted? If so, I think it's not fair either. The owner of the first thread shouldn't have their deleted, but at the most I believe that the second person should have theirs closed.

View Post Originally Posted by mcgymnast9
Yes, I agree. I made sure to mention that I was sorry & the credit went to the original owner. It's still embarrassing, but it really is the best thing you can do.

But yeah, even though there are a TON of creative ideas, some are just repeats... I still love to see when someone has a really good idea though, especially the ones that go through to the admins & work! Those kinds of things are what this section was made for. (:
Thanks for posting, mcgymnast!

That is a tough situation to be in, truly. The best thing that you could do probably is to contact the original owner with an apology and give them a mention in your first post.

And I love those threads! Like the one vanvan made about different colored spinnys, and when Justin decided to go with it, all these other threads came up about different colored spinnys. I thought that was a little rude because vanvan (and she had mentioned the original person who had thought of that idea) had actually been the first in a while to make a thread like that, and when others saw how successful it was, they made threads like that.

This section is very different from what it used to be, but it's still fun sometimes to look at the new features/ideas that members post
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #42
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I definitely agree DL. Are they making it because they want the credit for thinking of it? It's mostly done purposely with older threads, to take advantage of newer members
If it's a question, however, repeating occasionally is understandable sometimes
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #43
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by gripperluverxxoo
I agree, but you do realize that as more threads are being made, there are less topics to write about which makes them less original. xD
Thanks, gripper

However, if you think about it, there are many, many other topics that you can write about. They don't all have to be features for WI. Instead of just writing about one very specific topic, you can write about it generally. However, I do agree that many threads are being made so many times that it's hard to think of new things.

View Post Originally Posted by maggalina
I mean that soem pewople are saying duplicates should be deleted but sometimes someone might post a duplicate thread by mistake (bith theirs) and they are both deleted so ...
Oh, I see what you mean now

Duplicate threads aren't really needed, if you see what I mean. Sometimes if there's an argument about which thread should be deleted, I think both of them are deleted, but I may be wrong.

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
I agree, but it's probably due to the fact that basically everything that can be said has already been said, so people just keep repeating the same ideas over and over. I think it would be nice if we could just build off the threads we already have.
I've also seen it's the same people posting them and posting on them all the time, and I think we need to get more people to come into this section and contribute.
Thanks, WhiteT!

Like I said above, kind of "think outside the box". Threads here don't have to just be about what your behavior is like here at WI and features you'd like to see. If you really think about it, you'll find many topics you can write about. It would definitely be nice to have more members contribute (sometimes I think that I spend too much time here and not anywhere else) because some "new blood" would always be welcome here

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
Rep! Great thread! If you are going too make a thread on the same topic as someone else did,at least ask,or get that idea,but change it a bit. Just because the topic isn't very popular,doesn't mean that you can make the idea without asking,unless it's urgent or the person who made the original thread doesn't care. Once again,great thread and rep!
Thanks, Lizzy

A little change would be great! I've also seen some unpopular topics being made again as well, but I thought it was still pretty unconsiderate (sp?). Most of the time, the original thread owner DOES care, and in these kinds of situations, at least one side is getting hurt.

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
I agree. I always try to make my ideas orignal. And congrats on a gold!
Thanks, badena

Last edited by Dogluver620; 04-29-2009 at 06:50 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #44
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

I agree. If you see a thread you like or agree with, compliment and support the original instead of making a duplicate thread.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #45
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
I definitely agree DL. Are they making it because they want the credit for thinking of it? It's mostly done purposely with older threads, to take advantage of newer members
If it's a question, however, repeating occasionally is understandable sometimes
Oops, sorry I missed your post!

I think they do... unfortunately. On one thread, I even posted the original thread (and it was very popular about 4 months ago) and explained that it had already happened. I guess they wanted it to keep going or something, not really sure why. Repeating occasionally is understandable, but not every day, KWIM?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #46
uvs being an insane

Smiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud of

Yeah, I see what you mean by that. I actually think it'd be better if we had no threads than a bunch of threads that are exactly the same.
Smiley Rockr is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #47

13nattjo has disabled reputation

I agree with you DL. I have been here for about 1 1/2 years and i was a guest for some time too and i have noticed that people are repeating ideas. People are loosing originality (like fuzzysocks had said earlier) Some people are suggestion the same idea over and over. So they are not that ammusing to us anymore.

13nattjo is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #48
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

i get really tired of repeat threads. something comes along like the birthstone pets. why does everyone have to start a thread? why not POST on an existing one? i think admin should merge them all. it is awful for someone with a new idea who has other people read it, then just make another thread of it to rob the original person's idea.
jagular is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #49
Gifted

fuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Quality of New Threads/Posts Going Down?

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Originality is the PERFECT word, fuzzysocks!

I will have to change the thread title, originality definitely fits better

I'm just a little disappointed that so many ideas are being repeated... over and over again. Occasionally there are original threads being made, but still, not in the majority. I have nothing against those threads- they are very nicely written. It's just that there have been so many threads about it, all the hard work kind of goes to waste, KWIM?

Thanks for posting, and you weren't off on this at all!

Will do, thanks!
By the way i was wondering what KWIM meant?
fuzzysocks is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #50

LoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant futureLoriM13 has a brilliant future

Kudos on the great thread. However I would like to say, as someone who is very new to the site and to this type of site, I am a little intimidated to post any new idea I have after reading this. I am now worried about repeating someone elses idea. I am never out to hurt anyone or embarass myself (though I have many times in my life...lol). I have had many ideas but with only having been a member for a short time, also a mom and work full time, it is very difficult for me to spend enough time on here to read all the old posts. Thus I am worried I would repeat someone elses idea. I am a webkinz addict, with over 50 pets in just over a year of membership, and I think this site is fabulous. I would love to get more involved with WI when I have the time, so please any advice you can give would be fabulous!
LoriM13 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
be original!!, code orange, emmie says dl is awesome, paco the taco!