Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #31
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

I know what you mean! I feel like I've been stolen from, or plagerized (sp?), and I don't like to feel taken from. I've noticed this a lot with clubs and avatar/signature shops too. They'll take the format, and just customize it to your thread, but they'll leave most the sme. But what's the point of you even creating the thread, if it's technically from somebody else's work? It's okay to be guided by other threads, but make it YOU, not another Dixiecup, another Dogluver620, another Webkinzluver321, or one more Twilightcrz be the person that you are!

Like most of your topic was about though, there are quite a few duplicates that are just cluttering it up. If you see that your thread was already posted by another user, go check their thread out, and post that you agree with them and had the same idea. Totally amazing point! Have a stupendous night!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #32
What is french for
Webkinz :)

maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!

Well I totally agree but they shouldn't be deleted unless the owner goes whoops didn't notice that you can rid of this thread now I accidentlly double posted my thread and both got delted
maggalina is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #33
Gifted

mcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clown

Smile Re: Originality of New threads going down?

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Thanks, mcgymnast!

I have done that once too, I admit. Sometimes I see an original before I post it, so I close the thread down or ask for it to be deleted. It makes me embarrassed to- whenever I see a thread that someone just made about a subject and there is already an active thread about that, I post that there is already a thread on it because it's only fair to the original thread creator. Most people say, "Oh, I'm so sorry!" and actually mean it, but some just ignore it and I think they are just going for the rep or WI$. Not sure what their intention was, but I don't think it was a good one because if it was, they would have respected the original thread owner.
Yes, I agree. I made sure to mention that I was sorry & the credit went to the original owner. It's still embarrassing, but it really is the best thing you can do.

But yeah, even though there are a TON of creative ideas, some are just repeats... I still love to see when someone has a really good idea though, especially the ones that go through to the admins & work! Those kinds of things are what this section was made for. (:
mcgymnast9 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #34
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Courtesy threads will definitely NOT be leaving any time soon. Eventually someone will make one- although it might not be directly titled as courtesy.

I'm glad you know what I'm referring to! Most of the time it's obvious that they are aware of the previous thread, and especially if they have posted there before. I find it a little... I'm not sure what kind of word would really describe it.

Thanks again for posting!
Definetly, and thanx again for creating this thread!

View Post Originally Posted by hp1010
Yeah, I know what you mean. (Sorry this is off-topic) But on one of my clubs, the firsst rule is (its an alien believers club) No trashing aliens. If you don't believe then why did you click? and then like, a day later, some person posted. "Aliens aren't real so what is the point of this club?" i was like Sorry, i had to let that out

So yes, there is quite a bit of repetition around here, it's like a routine lol
Very true, the same happens with our Twilight clubs ... several times. It's also breaking a club rule, not our clubs, but on CYNalot's thread on club rules ... so I just like to kindly remind them of that.

View Post Originally Posted by maggalina
Well I totally agree but they shouldn't be deleted unless the owner goes whoops didn't notice that you can rid of this thread now I accidentlly double posted my thread and both got delted
Pardon? I'm not really sure what you mean.

View Post Originally Posted by mcgymnast9
Yes, I agree. I made sure to mention that I was sorry & the credit went to the original owner. It's still embarrassing, but it really is the best thing you can do.

But yeah, even though there are a TON of creative ideas, some are just repeats... I still love to see when someone has a really good idea though, especially the ones that go through to the admins & work! Those kinds of things are what this section was made for. (:
That's true, not everybody intends to create duplicate threads, and apologizing is the best you can do.
and you also bring up a great point, the WI Rules & Suggestions forum wasn't always like it is now, it actually had a purpose.
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #35
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

I agree, but you do realize that as more threads are being made, there are less topics to write about which makes them less original. xD
Old 04-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #36
What is french for

maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!maggalina is the cats pajamas!

I mean that soem pewople are saying duplicates should be deleted but sometimes someone might post a duplicate thread by mistake (bith theirs) and they are both deleted so ...
maggalina is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #37
WhiteTerrierFan

I agree, but it's probably due to the fact that basically everything that can be said has already been said, so people just keep repeating the same ideas over and over. I think it would be nice if we could just build off the threads we already have.
I've also seen it's the same people posting them and posting on them all the time, and I think we need to get more people to come into this section and contribute.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #38
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

DL,
I do agree that originality and creativity in threads has gone down. Some are very original and deserve many perks (this thread!). And I think people also spend more time on the un-original threads just to tell the people how un-orginal their idea was. Now, this hasn't happened to me, but I bet it's happened to some people. People need to be creative! Don't go around doing what everyone else is, you're an individual!!

-Flippah
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #39
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Hi there

I know this might not be a popular thread, and I know that it's possible that it will be deleted or closed. However, I believe that this is something that should be discussed.

Lately, I have found that the originality of threads have gone downhill a bit. Not that all threads are bad, just a lot of repeated ideas and although they are very nice threads (and I do mean it), I've found that the quality of threads have gone down because of that.

I'd like to suggest NEW ideas into this forum, and especially this forum. Sometimes people have taken ideas for their own that others have thought of. I love this forum but I find myself visiting it less and less. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but if you do, or if you don't, please share

DL

Thanks to fuzzysocks for helping me find the right word

And yes, you may call me DL
Rep! Great thread! If you are going too make a thread on the same topic as someone else did,at least ask,or get that idea,but change it a bit. Just because the topic isn't very popular,doesn't mean that you can make the idea without asking,unless it's urgent or the person who made the original thread doesn't care. Once again,great thread and rep!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #40
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

I agree. I always try to make my ideas orignal. And congrats on a gold!
badena2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
be original!!, code orange, emmie says dl is awesome, paco the taco!