Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #21
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

Thank you for making this. I totally agree. (no offense to anybody out there) But i have seen alot of repetition around here, especially in 'Head to the Pollz" i mean there are like ALOT of threads 'Who is your fave twilight character?' and "What outfit should i wear?' and also in the creative writing. There are alot of JB stories. (Not that i have a problem with any ) But i think that if you are going to do something like that, add a twist or something, if you know what i mean. Thanks again for creating this DL (if i may call you that)

~Hailey ♥
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #22
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by dizzyfish101
Yeah, you're very right. : )

I try and post my ideas, opinions, questions, stories and other stuff.

Some of my threads get deleted, actually a lot even if I followed rules, but I just had to get over it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for posting this! I hope that some people will take your amazing thread into recognition.

- Ciara
Thanks, Ciara!

Sometimes my threads have been closed/deleted also. Sometimes there are small problems with them, and even though I might not agree, it's kind of a "go-with-the-flow" kind of thing. I'm not the expert on this site, so I'll have to trust the admins and mods on things like that no matter what

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
Yes, originality does seem to fit too. :0
Oh, courtesy threads, definetly. They'll never be leaving. Uness everyone on WI sees that post. xD

Yeah, I think I know what you were referring to, about 'taking' ideas ... it can get really irritating. But the funny thing is, whoever posts, they're usually aware of the previous thread ... we don't let originality slip past either ...

Huh .... we were just talking about quality-length threads ... and your post was large enough to become a thread itself! Rep! (LOL, I think this is like the ... 5th time I've given you rep over a great idea ... xD)
Courtesy threads will definitely NOT be leaving any time soon. Eventually someone will make one- although it might not be directly titled as courtesy.

I'm glad you know what I'm referring to! Most of the time it's obvious that they are aware of the previous thread, and especially if they have posted there before. I find it a little... I'm not sure what kind of word would really describe it.

Thanks again for posting!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #23
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by hp1010
Thank you for making this. I totally agree. (no offense to anybody out there) But i have seen alot of repetition around here, especially in 'Head to the Pollz" i mean there are like ALOT of threads 'Who is your fave twilight character?' and "What outfit should i wear?' and also in the creative writing. There are alot of JB stories. (Not that i have a problem with any ) But i think that if you are going to do something like that, add a twist or something, if you know what i mean. Thanks again for creating this DL (if i may call you that)

~Hailey ♥
I agree with the rep thing too, because I had a thread not a long time ago and there is a new thread with the same idea and people who didn't like the idea then suddenly love it now.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 04-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #24
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by dandogkinie
I agree!

I don't suggest any ideas as soon as they come to my mind, so when someone suggests something that I already did, it is really hurtful.

Rep!
Thanks, dandog!

I totally understand. Doesn't it feel really awkward (especially if they had posted on your thread) and definitely, 100% hurtful. Sometimes it's hard watching that thread get popularity and the person who posted it get rewarded for taking your idea and making it into their own. It might be a little different, but they could have written about something else, right? LMK if I'm going the right way with this

~Hailey ♥
Thanks, hp! (And yes, feel free to call me DL)

A twist is great! Sometimes adding more than just that bit that you want to add can turn it into one big and wonderful idea. That's happened to me sometimes. Maybe instead of "What outfit should I wear?" it could be "Which outfit would you wear to a hot day at the beach with no suntan lotion?" or something like that.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #25
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by dandogkinie
I agree with the rep thing too, because I had a thread not a long time ago and there is a new thread with the same idea and people who didn't like the idea then suddenly love it now.
Yeah, I know what you mean. (Sorry this is off-topic) But on one of my clubs, the firsst rule is (its an alien believers club) No trashing aliens. If you don't believe then why did you click? and then like, a day later, some person posted. "Aliens aren't real so what is the point of this club?" i was like Sorry, i had to let that out

So yes, there is quite a bit of repetition around here, it's like a routine lol
Old 04-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #26
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

i've seen a bunch of duplicates. yeah, they aren't that creative much any more.

thanks for letting us know about this

-pup5115
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #27
Gifted

mcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clown

Yes, I have seen this too...but I'm not complaining too harshly, because I think I have actually repeated an idea before. I hadn't seen the original, so I just posted it, but someone told me that they had seen it before...it made me really embarassed...

But one of the things I've noticed is that the ideas that get re-posted are the ones that are pretty good, or just ones that are most popular. Sometimes maybe people just really want the idea to happen? Not sure, just what I've noticed.

Great thread, rep! (:
mcgymnast9 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #28
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Yeah, I know what you mean. (Sorry this is off-topic) But on one of my clubs, the firsst rule is (its an alien believers club) No trashing aliens. If you don't believe then why did you click? and then like, a day later, some person posted. "Aliens aren't real so what is the point of this club?" i was like Sorry, i had to let that out

So yes, there is quite a bit of repetition around here, it's like a routine lol
That's okay, hp

That was really mean of that person, and I think that's a pretty fun club to be in! It sounds really interesting! I hope the person got reported.

View Post Originally Posted by pup5115
i've seen a bunch of duplicates. yeah, they aren't that creative much any more.

thanks for letting us know about this

-pup5115
Thanks, pup!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #29
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

DL- You have posted exactly what was needed. I think the "creativeness" of the threads has taken a major downfall. And, while these threads are still very helpful, and sometimes needed, it is simple suggustions... be nice, no rudeness, respect... I think having a more creative idea would get more feedback than a repeated one.

One member... well, two members actually, that have always seemed to come up with the helpful and original ides are Ave and DogLuver620. You two have always made excellent suggustions for the WI forum. [I don't mean to hurt others feelings with this- Everyone's ideas are great!]

[cannot give ya rep at this time.. ]

Last edited by Lake; 04-28-2009 at 08:47 PM..
Old 04-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #30
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by mcgymnast9
Yes, I have seen this too...but I'm not complaining too harshly, because I think I have actually repeated an idea before. I hadn't seen the original, so I just posted it, but someone told me that they had seen it before...it made me really embarassed...

But one of the things I've noticed is that the ideas that get re-posted are the ones that are pretty good, or just ones that are most popular. Sometimes maybe people just really want the idea to happen? Not sure, just what I've noticed.

Great thread, rep! (:
Thanks, mcgymnast!

I have done that once too, I admit. Sometimes I see an original before I post it, so I close the thread down or ask for it to be deleted. It makes me embarrassed to- whenever I see a thread that someone just made about a subject and there is already an active thread about that, I post that there is already a thread on it because it's only fair to the original thread creator. Most people say, "Oh, I'm so sorry!" and actually mean it, but some just ignore it and I think they are just going for the rep or WI$. Not sure what their intention was, but I don't think it was a good one because if it was, they would have respected the original thread owner.
Closed

Tags
be original!!, code orange, emmie says dl is awesome, paco the taco!