Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Quality of New Threads/Posts Going Down?

View Post Originally Posted by fuzzysocks
I agree, I haven't been a member for long at all lol, but I have been a guest for quiet a time now and I have been noticing myself that people are starting to repeat ideas. It's not that the quality is going down, it's just that we are loosing originality (?) because most things people are suggesting now have already been suggested, so we find them not as ammusing.
( I'm probably way off on this )
Originality is the PERFECT word, fuzzysocks!

I will have to change the thread title, originality definitely fits better

I'm just a little disappointed that so many ideas are being repeated... over and over again. Occasionally there are original threads being made, but still, not in the majority. I have nothing against those threads- they are very nicely written. It's just that there have been so many threads about it, all the hard work kind of goes to waste, KWIM?

Thanks for posting, and you weren't off on this at all!

View Post Originally Posted by 000000005
You can call me 05, it's my "nickname"!
Will do, thanks!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #12
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

I agree, it has been seeming like that lately ... and maybe it was made, not for a real suggestion or reminder, but maybe for something else .......
But then again, not everybody can make those 5-star quality threads like you do, Doglover ...

And 05, that's very interesting. I have seen threads that short, or with even less purpose. Maybe, as an alternative, instead of creating a 2-sentence thread about it, they could try something else ... such as trying to find out more about it, tell one of the staff, or maybe just post it somewhere ... like the DCT?

But thanx for bringing this up, I hope the message gets across.
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620

Will do, thanks!
Actaully, I call 05 0x8-5 xD I have no idea why though.... But, I told you that everyone would enjoy this post (: Well, the first one that is (:
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
Gifted

fuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dogluver620;14242450]Originality is the PERFECT word, fuzzysocks!

I'm just a little disappointed that so many ideas are being repeated... over and over again. Occasionally there are original threads being made, but still, not in the majority. I have nothing against those threads- they are very nicely written. It's just that there have been so many threads about it, all the hard work kind of goes to waste, KWIM?

thanks The reason why they are always being repeated, or seems like it is because there are only so many ideas you can come up with for one topic i guess haha
fuzzysocks is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Originality of New threads going down?

View Post Originally Posted by Maine
My thread was closed, actualy THREE of my threads were closed down an deleted. One of them took about an HOUR to make!!! I was mad, I think that some people should just be able to be free and actuallydo something they want to.
Hi Maine, and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry that some of your threads were closed/deleted. Were they against the rules? Make sure that you read/understand every rule here to prevent that. Also, if you spent a long time on a thread, make sure to copy and paste it onto a Word document because your work will still be there.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
I agree, it has been seeming like that lately ... and maybe it was made, not for a real suggestion or reminder, but maybe for something else .......
But then again, not everybody can make those 5-star quality threads like you do, Doglover ...

And 05, that's very interesting. I have seen threads that short, or with even less purpose. Maybe, as an alternative, instead of creating a 2-sentence thread about it, they could try something else ... such as trying to find out more about it, tell one of the staff, or maybe just post it somewhere ... like the DCT?

But thanx for bringing this up, I hope the message gets across.
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
Hi Catherine, and thank you for posting!

I agree, it sometimes has to do with something else. I changed the thread title to "Originality" because it suits better I admit, sometimes I don't make very original ideas, but I try to most of the time. In my opinion, if you make a similar thread to one that someone has recently made and is on the second/third page of this section, the best thing to do is to contact that person who made it and ask if you can use it. Of course, courtesy threads (the most common) have been around this section forever, and many people thought of it before. However, it's (sort of) respect to the person who made the last thread about it because people had read it and the other person doesn't feel mad that you "took" your idea. I've had that happen to me more than once, and boy was I mad! But I tried to think of other reasons why they had created that thread, and just decided to let it go. I'm not going to fight over an idea posted, but I think originality counts big in this section.

Whew, long post! You don't have to read the entire thing if you don't want to
Old 04-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
roverbono on
Webkinz :)

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, you're very right. : )

I try and post my ideas, opinions, questions, stories and other stuff.

Some of my threads get deleted, actually a lot even if I followed rules, but I just had to get over it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for posting this! I hope that some people will take your amazing thread into recognition.

- Ciara
dizzyfish101 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #17
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Hi Catherine, and thank you for posting!

I agree, it sometimes has to do with something else. I changed the thread title to "Originality" because it suits better I admit, sometimes I don't make very original ideas, but I try to most of the time. In my opinion, if you make a similar thread to one that someone has recently made and is on the second/third page of this section, the best thing to do is to contact that person who made it and ask if you can use it. Of course, courtesy threads (the most common) have been around this section forever, and many people thought of it before. However, it's (sort of) respect to the person who made the last thread about it because people had read it and the other person doesn't feel mad that you "took" your idea. I've had that happen to me more than once, and boy was I mad! But I tried to think of other reasons why they had created that thread, and just decided to let it go. I'm not going to fight over an idea posted, but I think originality counts big in this section.

Whew, long post! You don't have to read the entire thing if you don't want to
Yes, originality does seem to fit too. :0
Oh, courtesy threads, definetly. They'll never be leaving. Uness everyone on WI sees that post. xD

Yeah, I think I know what you were referring to, about 'taking' ideas ... it can get really irritating. But the funny thing is, whoever posts, they're usually aware of the previous thread ... we don't let originality slip past either ...

Huh .... we were just talking about quality-length threads ... and your post was large enough to become a thread itself! Rep! (LOL, I think this is like the ... 5th time I've given you rep over a great idea ... xD)
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #18

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

View Post Originally Posted by 000000005
I agree *nods*. Especially in the rumors mill. You see a thred that looks like this:

That's a thread? I feel more people need to make longer posts, lil' kinz need to read the site before making an account than say "posting 4 WI bucks". I think all threads that are duplicate should be locked. I think if you make a thread that says "I hate WI", you should be banned instead of warned. Sorry, I got a little carried away there, but I think those duplicate, tiny threads have to go.
i see that also. I think you should go to Webkinz - PSI / PSF to see if it has been announced.
Webkinz Mania is offline Male
Old 04-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
Actaully, I call 05 0x8-5 xD I have no idea why though.... But, I told you that everyone would enjoy this post (: Well, the first one that is (:
LOL! I sort of get it...

And thanks

[QUOTE=fuzzysocks;14242699]
Originality is the PERFECT word, fuzzysocks!

thanks The reason why they are always being repeated, or seems like it is because there are only so many ideas you can come up with for one topic i guess haha
Agreed
Old 04-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #20
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

I agree!

I don't suggest any ideas as soon as they come to my mind, so when someone suggests something that I already did, it is really hurtful.

Rep!
dandogkinie is offline Male
Closed

Tags
be original!!, code orange, emmie says dl is awesome, paco the taco!