Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Originality of New threads going down?

I also know there have been many threads about repeating threads. I have made sure that there hasn't been a thread on originality made recently. If you think this is just adding to the irony of these kinds of threads, feel free to think and post that, but please note that I have made sure that a thread on originality hasn't been posted recently. The purpose of this thread is about the originality of threads, and partly of those new repeated threads, but it would be great to stay on topic on originality. Thank you so much

Hi there

I know this might not be a popular thread, and I know that it's possible that it will be deleted or closed. However, I believe that this is something that should be discussed.

Lately, I have found that the originality of threads have gone downhill a bit. Not that all threads are bad, just a lot of repeated ideas and although they are very nice threads (and I do mean it), I've found that the quality of threads have gone down because of that.

I'd like to suggest NEW ideas into this forum, and especially this forum. Sometimes people have taken ideas for their own that others have thought of. I love this forum but I find myself visiting it less and less. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but if you do, or if you don't, please share

DL

Please note that I am NOT going against anyone. Also I'm NOT saying that you shouldn't create new threads- I'm just suggesting that if you do create a thread in this section, please make it original.

Thanks to fuzzysocks for helping me find the right word

And yes, you may call me DL

Last edited by Dogluver620; 05-02-2009 at 02:13 PM..
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Quality of New Threads/Posts Going Down?

Very true DL, I have found these truths to be self-evident. That all men are created equal xD

Sorry, just said that first part and got carried away

Well, I am really finding truth in what you are saying (:
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
Very true DL, I have found these truths to be self-evident. That all men are created equal xD

Sorry, just said that first part and got carried away

Well, I am really finding truth in what you are saying (:
Thanks, JW
Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

You are very welcome! I am sure that a lot of people would like to see this, and a lot will post here (:
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
How many zeros?
Webkinz :)

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

I agree *nods*. Especially in the rumors mill. You see a thred that looks like this:

Quote:
NEW PET.?

I saw a animl in the clubhouse I think the third rooom it was cool
That's a thread? I feel more people need to make longer posts, lil' kinz need to read the site before making an account than say "posting 4 WI bucks". I think all threads that are duplicate should be locked. I think if you make a thread that says "I hate WI", you should be banned instead of warned. Sorry, I got a little carried away there, but I think those duplicate, tiny threads have to go.
000000005 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #6

!!!!Evan!!!! is a glorious beacon of light!!!!Evan!!!! is a glorious beacon of light!!!!Evan!!!! is a glorious beacon of light

I agree, having repeat threads is getting annoying. But, remember, just because somebody already thought of the idea, doesn't mean they are stealing it, they might not know...
!!!!Evan!!!! is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by 000000005
I agree *nods*. Especially in the rumors mill. You see a thred that looks like this:

That's a thread? I feel more people need to make longer posts, lil' kinz need to read the site before making an account than say "posting 4 WI bucks". I think all threads that are duplicate should be locked. I think if you make a thread that says "I hate WI", you should be banned instead of warned. Sorry, I got a little carried away there, but I think those duplicate, tiny threads have to go.
Thanks for posting, 05! (Hope you don't mind me calling you that)

I agree, duplicate/unneeded threads shouldn't be here either. Admins and mods do a great job on moderating them too!

View Post Originally Posted by !!!!Evan!!!!
I agree, having repeat threads is getting annoying. But, remember, just because somebody already thought of the idea, doesn't mean they are stealing it, they might not know...
Thanks for posting, Evan!

I know, but some of the ideas have been very popular and as soon as the popularity "fades out", a newer thread, based on the same exact idea pops up, and the person gets credit for what someone else thought up. Kind of see what I'm going at here? I've noticed that more than once here. I completely understand your point though- some people don't know that their idea/s have been posted before.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
Gifted

fuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond reputefuzzysocks has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, I haven't been a member for long at all lol, but I have been a guest for quiet a time now and I have been noticing myself that people are starting to repeat ideas. It's not that the quality is going down, it's just that we are loosing originality (?) because most things people are suggesting now have already been suggested, so we find them not as ammusing.
( I'm probably way off on this )
feel free to correct me if i'm off

Last edited by fuzzysocks; 04-28-2009 at 07:41 PM..
fuzzysocks is offline Female
Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
How many zeros?

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

You can call me 05, it's my "nickname"!
000000005 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
Lol :)

Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!

My thread was closed, actualy THREE of my threads were closed down an deleted. One of them took about an HOUR to make!!! I was mad, I think that some people should just be able to be free and actuallydo something they want to.
Maine is offline Female
Closed

Tags
be original!!, code orange, emmie says dl is awesome, paco the taco!