Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

R3dRulez has disabled reputation

Default Organize Names Forum

The Help I Need A Pet Name! (or something like that) is messed up with people saying I need a name for this webkinz and Name Shop. I find the name shops annoying because all I want to do is just suggest names for people in need.

I think it would be helpful if there is a folder thingy that says Name Shops and one that says I Need A Name (or something like that) This also would apply to Graphics shops and that kind of stuff.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by R3dRulez; 02-10-2012 at 08:56 PM..
R3dRulez is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds
babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds

Default Re: Organize Names Forum

That is a good idea, but I kind of doubt it will happen.
I agree, they do get mixed up and it can get a little bit annoying for some people, but it is the same with the graphics section and the " I need a graphic!" or "Anybody want to have a graphics shop with me?" or "Does anyone know how to do this?" threads get mixed with the shops.
Soon members will be coming out of the woodwork asking for subfolders for those sections.
The thing is, you can't just do it for names and not for graphics or there would be arguments going on.
I'm sorry if you don't agree, this is just my feeling on the whole thing (;
babykittyricky is offline Female
Old 02-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

There, I changed it to apply to graphic shops and that kind of stuff. I agree with you, but I thought they were already divided (I never actually went there O.o)
Old 02-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Yes that is right, the shops are mixed in with the individual requests, both for name shops and for graphics shops (avvie/siggie shops). It's supposed to be like that.

Separating them into separate folders would be neater but it would have 2 disadvantages:

1- more moderating work as many members put their threads in the wrong sub-forum. Please remember that staff is all volunteer and we're trying to make things to be less work... not more work...

2-By having the requests at the same place as the shops, this allows the shop owners to see the request threads right away and answer them if they wish to do so. If there were separate sub-folders, they would be less likely to see the requests for names, graphics, resizing, etc. The present way increases business for the shop owners, and makes help more readily available to those asking for help.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 02-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

I see your point, but perhaps instead of a subfolder, for those who own a shop must clearly state Shop in the title and those who wish to receive help in finding a name must cleary state Help in the title (or something like that)
Old 02-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #6

babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by R3dRulez
I see your point, but perhaps instead of a subfolder, for those who own a shop must clearly state Shop in the title and those who wish to receive help in finding a name must cleary state Help in the title (or something like that)
The thing is, you can't tell people what they can and can't name their threads.
Maybe they want to name it some weird name, so a lot of people come and check it out?
Who knows? Maybe a little kid wants to name it "Graphics, Graphics, and Graphics!" Is that a very clear title? No. But they might think it is perfect.
Sadly, I don't think that organizing it will be happening anytime soon. (;
Old 02-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

But the forums have lists of rules such as post and end date for your contest or clearly point out prizes. Yes, that would mean a bit more work for the mods, but I think it would be beneficial
Old 02-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #8

View Post Originally Posted by R3dRulez
But the forums have lists of rules such as post and end date for your contest or clearly point out prizes. Yes, that would mean a bit more work for the mods, but I think it would be beneficial
Yes, but that is in the contest section.
But as I have said before, the mods pointed out that you can't tell people what they can and can't say, except for a few things in the contest section & suggestion section.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #9

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

I have never been able to understand how Shops work in WI. I know I have occasionally read posts by shopkeepers complaining that someone asked for something and then didn't accept it. What do the owners do, and how are they recompensed? I have never been able to find an explanation in FAQ.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female
Old 02-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #10

View Post Originally Posted by Bloo's Pal
I have never been able to understand how Shops work in WI. I know I have occasionally read posts by shopkeepers complaining that someone asked for something and then didn't accept it. What do the owners do, and how are they recompensed? I have never been able to find an explanation in FAQ.
I think this belongs in the Graphics Section.
Maybe you should make a thread there (:
Closed

Tags
alfredxmaddie, babykittyricky♥, ciel + sebastian = ♥, folder, jellydonut!, name shop, names, organize