Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #21
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: An option to turn off post count?

View Post Originally Posted by marileemed
I agree, if and when I make it to your status, I would want to be able to hide it. It is a place to make friends, be able to chat with human beings, see new things and ideas. Not just a place to say OOOO Look at me I have 10,000 post. It makes you think most of the posts are just fluff for those people asking. I would much rather get on a thread that I have something meaningful to say, than get on a thread just to say OMG......You are right, it is rude to ask.

We should all be members such as yourself. KUDOS TO YOU!
Thank you! It makes me feel the same way. I would much rather post on meaningful threads as well. All threads should be meaningful is people put the effort in to make them that way. Post counts shouldn't mean anything, but sadly some people don't think the same.

---------- WhiteTerrierFan added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by kateannec11
You are totally right, I see people all over who want to become friends just because of post counts or rep boxes. Lol, you never know, they all could have been silly posts! (Not yours though ) It's like the trading room in WW, the person wearing the pumpkin hat could be a worse trader than the one in the w-shop clothes! LOL!
Very good metaphor you made here.
It just shows you can't judge a book by its cover.

Last edited by WhiteTerrierFan; 02-20-2009 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #22
MY NAME IS EMMA
Gifted

coolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wonder

I have to agree with you here. People might have been amazed when I had 100 posts on my first day, and you do have a lot of posts, but who really cares?

Rep to you.
coolawesomeAbby is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #23
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

definetly. I met my bff ((goldenpuppy)) when she and I were both still webkinz (I still am) and look at her now!

She's a GG!

but it SHOULD be a choice.

---------- hpharrypotterhp added 3 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

this is an amazing thread.

Last edited by hpharrypotterhp; 02-20-2009 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #24
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
definetly. I met my bff ((goldenpuppy)) when she and I were both still webkinz (I still am) and look at her now!

She's a GG!

but it SHOULD be a choice.

---------- hpharrypotterhp added 3 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

this is an amazing thread.
Thank you! I met a lot of people who I am still friends with now back when I was a webkinz too.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #25
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

Your very welcome.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #26
MicsKinz
Gift Guru

AddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

I tend to agree with you. The only reason post count is important to me right now is because I am trying to be a Gift Trainee. After that, who cares!
AddictedMom is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #27
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by AddictedMom
I tend to agree with you. The only reason post count is important to me right now is because I am trying to be a Gift Trainee. After that, who cares!
That should definitely be the only time people are concerned about their count.
Thanks for posting this!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #28
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

great idea my friend xD
Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #29
WhiteTerrierFan

Thank you, Gripper!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #30
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I fully understand where you are coming from with this. I think that the whole competition aspect some bring to WI are all because of stats--posts, rep, etc. If these items could be disabled at the user's discretion, it could really be a great thing. Not all users want to be known for their post count--but the content of their posts...and not all members want to be known by their rep--but that they were able to help people.
LilyRose is offline Female
Closed

Tags
spore! §