Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: An option to turn off post count?

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
Yes, I agree this could be a personal choice. I hate the post popularity contest (post wars). I love going to the DCT but when a post war starts I leave and flag. I have had on person ask to be my friend because of posts/reps and I have actually kept some tabs on this member so sometimes they may not just be asking to be your friend for popularity reasons. It could be that you are popular because you are nice and they would be honoured to have such a nice friend.
That's a big reason why I don't go on the DCT much anymore, but seriously some people make it blatantly obvious that they only want to be friends because of post count. I try to be nice and respond back to those people, but it gets me so mad sometimes. I know other times they just want to be friends because they are nice people, and that's perfectly fine.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I think your post count is pretty

It would be nice to have that option though, just because some people may not want it displayed.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
kirtty or Potterkinz
Gifted

kirtty is on a distinguished road

Wink Re: An option to turn off post count?

That's a very good point!
kirtty is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #14
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by funmamas
I think your post count is pretty

It would be nice to have that option though, just because some people may not want it displayed.
Yeah, it would definitely be good to have, so it could be turned on or off.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

I think I would keep it on... I don't know why tho... I guess that I like seeing how many posts I have, but I personally don't care about anyone else's post count.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 02-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

I see what you mean. Everyday members seem to be judged on their post count. That isn't right.

I'm not saying it isn't okay to like your post count. It is an exciting way to have you set goals for yourself. You just shouldn't judge people on them.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

I think you are absolutely right that it should be an individual choice and it might be a great option to have, however I for one have read many post on the forum for the newest members to the ones who were here practically from the beginning and have enjoyed them equally. So it obviously is not about the number of post that you have for me. What I look for is the general content .... is it helpful, interesting and informative or just plain fun or does this person need help with something that my meager knowledge might be of some worth. Maybe what is really needed is a criteria of what truly constitutes a post. I see many post that have been made that are obviously made just for the additional count and I am sure you know the ones that I mean, but on the other hand if that is what that person is all about ... it doesn't really hurt anything and it really is all about helping each other and having fun in the process.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #18
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by Ergoiam
I think you are absolutely right that it should be an individual choice and it might be a great option to have, however I for one have read many post on the forum for the newest members to the ones who were here practically from the beginning and have enjoyed them equally. So it obviously is not about the number of post that you have for me. What I look for is the general content .... is it helpful, interesting and informative or just plain fun or does this person need help with something that my meager knowledge might be of some worth. Maybe what is really needed is a criteria of what truly constitutes a post. I see many post that have been made that are obviously made just for the additional count and I am sure you know the ones that I mean, but on the other hand if that is what that person is all about ... it doesn't really hurt anything and it really is all about helping each other and having fun in the process.
I agree, I've seen newer members that are even more helpful than people who have been here for over a year. Nobody deserves to be judged on post count, because that's not what it's about at all. Posts should never be made just to get a number added to a count, they should be made to be helpful or kind or just to talk to a friend. [rep to you]
Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #19
Look world I'm
Gift Guru

marileemed is just really nicemarileemed is just really nice

I agree, if and when I make it to your status, I would want to be able to hide it. It is a place to make friends, be able to chat with human beings, see new things and ideas. Not just a place to say OOOO Look at me I have 10,000 post. It makes you think most of the posts are just fluff for those people asking. I would much rather get on a thread that I have something meaningful to say, than get on a thread just to say OMG......You are right, it is rude to ask.

We should all be members such as yourself. KUDOS TO YOU!
marileemed is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #20
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

You are totally right, I see people all over who want to become friends just because of post counts or rep boxes. Lol, you never know, they all could have been silly posts! (Not yours though ) It's like the trading room in WW, the person wearing the pumpkin hat could be a worse trader than the one in the w-shop clothes! LOL!
kateannec11 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
spore! §