Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
WhiteTerrierFan

Default An option to turn off post count?

I think they should have an option like this, because a lot of times people may not care about post count or want it to be shared with others. I know that sometimes it is just a hassle for me, because people see my count and end up saying things like, "OMG, how did you get all those posts? Wanna be friends?" That just bothers me a bit. Please let me know what you think.
All comments are appreciated.
I'm also not too sure if they have this option on vBulletin, so yeahh. :/
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
Do you like cake?
Webkinz :)

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

Default Re: An option to turn off post count?

Yeah that might be a good idea. When you said " 'OMG how do you get all those posts' " I looked at your posts and you DO have alot lol
rachel21 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Gift Guru

hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!

I sort of agree. I think it should be a personal choice. Personally I kind of like seeing my own post count. I also feel like I have something to work for when I see people with tons of posts and such. I think it is rude to ask to be friends just because they have tons of posts or rep. It is like someone thinks they will become more popular or something.

Thanks for bringing this up!
hoops2614 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
WhiteTerrierFan

Thank you!
It just makes me kind of mad that some people only notice post counts, because it's not about post counts at all. The site is about more that, like making friends, helping out, and stuff like that.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Gift Guru

hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
Thank you!
It just makes me kind of mad that some people only notice post counts, because it's not about post counts at all. The site is about more that, like making friends, helping out, and stuff like that.
No it is not about that at all!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by hoops2614
I sort of agree. I think it should be a personal choice. Personally I kind of like seeing my own post count. I also feel like I have something to work for when I see people with tons of posts and such. I think it is rude to ask to be friends just because they have tons of posts or rep. It is like someone thinks they will become more popular or something.

Thanks for bringing this up!
It should definitely be a personal choice, like an option to turn it off, kind of like the option to go invisible. I understand where you are coming from with this, and I definitely agree. Popularity shouldn't exist here, everyone should be equal, this isn't school.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
It should definitely be a personal choice, like an option to turn it off, kind of like the option to go invisible. I understand where you are coming from with this, and I definitely agree. Popularity shouldn't exist here, everyone should be equal, this isn't school.
Popularity should definitely not exist here
Old 02-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I think this is a good idea, but it's not very practical in most cases I personally like to see how many posts I have without having to go through a lot of stuff to find out. I think that you can request to have your post count hidden (try PMing an admin with a good/reasonable explanation).

Thanks for the idea though! It would make the "popularity" contests here for post count lessen
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #9
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I think this is a good idea, but it's not very practical in most cases I personally like to see how many posts I have without having to go through a lot of stuff to find out. I think that you can request to have your post count hidden (try PMing an admin with a good/reasonable explanation).

Thanks for the idea though! It would make the "popularity" contests here for post count lessen
Yes, I agree this could be a personal choice. I hate the post popularity contest (post wars). I love going to the DCT but when a post war starts I leave and flag. I have had on person ask to be my friend because of posts/reps and I have actually kept some tabs on this member so sometimes they may not just be asking to be your friend for popularity reasons. It could be that you are popular because you are nice and they would be honoured to have such a nice friend.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 02-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #10
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
Yes, I agree this could be a personal choice. I hate the post popularity contest (post wars). I love going to the DCT but when a post war starts I leave and flag. I have had on person ask to be my friend because of posts/reps and I have actually kept some tabs on this member so sometimes they may not just be asking to be your friend for popularity reasons. It could be that you are popular because you are nice and they would be honoured to have such a nice friend.
I agree, Pat. Since I started posting around the forum more often, I've made a lot more friends. It's not because of the reps/stars/status, but because they see me around the forum more often and would like to be friends.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
spore! §