Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   An option to turn off post count? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/option-turn-off-post-count-471967/)

WhiteTerrierFan02-19-2009 09:26 PM

An option to turn off post count?

I think they should have an option like this, because a lot of times people may not care about post count or want it to be shared with others. I know that sometimes it is just a hassle for me, because people see my count and end up saying things like, "OMG, how did you get all those posts? Wanna be friends?" That just bothers me a bit. Please let me know what you think. :)
All comments are appreciated.
I'm also not too sure if they have this option on vBulletin, so yeahh. :/

rachel2102-19-2009 09:31 PM

Re: An option to turn off post count?

Yeah that might be a good idea. :) When you said " 'OMG how do you get all those posts' " I looked at your posts and you DO have alot lol

hoops261402-19-2009 09:32 PM

I sort of agree. I think it should be a personal choice. Personally I kind of like seeing my own post count. I also feel like I have something to work for when I see people with tons of posts and such. I think it is rude to ask to be friends just because they have tons of posts or rep. It is like someone thinks they will become more popular or something.

Thanks for bringing this up!

WhiteTerrierFan02-19-2009 09:33 PM

Thank you! :)
It just makes me kind of mad that some people only notice post counts, because it's not about post counts at all. The site is about more that, like making friends, helping out, and stuff like that.

hoops261402-19-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan (Post 13096280)
Thank you! :)
It just makes me kind of mad that some people only notice post counts, because it's not about post counts at all. The site is about more that, like making friends, helping out, and stuff like that.

No it is not about that at all!

WhiteTerrierFan02-19-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoops2614 (Post 13096264)
I sort of agree. I think it should be a personal choice. Personally I kind of like seeing my own post count. I also feel like I have something to work for when I see people with tons of posts and such. I think it is rude to ask to be friends just because they have tons of posts or rep. It is like someone thinks they will become more popular or something.

Thanks for bringing this up!

It should definitely be a personal choice, like an option to turn it off, kind of like the option to go invisible. I understand where you are coming from with this, and I definitely agree. :) Popularity shouldn't exist here, everyone should be equal, this isn't school.

hoops261402-19-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan (Post 13096325)
It should definitely be a personal choice, like an option to turn it off, kind of like the option to go invisible. I understand where you are coming from with this, and I definitely agree. :) Popularity shouldn't exist here, everyone should be equal, this isn't school.

Popularity should definitely not exist here

Dogluver62002-19-2009 09:40 PM

I think this is a good idea, but it's not very practical in most cases :-\ I personally like to see how many posts I have without having to go through a lot of stuff to find out. I think that you can request to have your post count hidden (try PMing an admin with a good/reasonable explanation).

Thanks for the idea though! It would make the "popularity" contests here for post count lessen :)

ClaraZ2502-19-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogluver620 (Post 13096439)
I think this is a good idea, but it's not very practical in most cases :-\ I personally like to see how many posts I have without having to go through a lot of stuff to find out. I think that you can request to have your post count hidden (try PMing an admin with a good/reasonable explanation).

Thanks for the idea though! It would make the "popularity" contests here for post count lessen :)

Yes, I agree this could be a personal choice. I hate the post popularity contest (post wars). I love going to the DCT but when a post war starts I leave and flag. I have had on person ask to be my friend because of posts/reps and I have actually kept some tabs on this member so sometimes they may not just be asking to be your friend for popularity reasons. It could be that you are popular because you are nice and they would be honoured to have such a nice friend.

Dogluver62002-19-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaraZ25 (Post 13096536)
Yes, I agree this could be a personal choice. I hate the post popularity contest (post wars). I love going to the DCT but when a post war starts I leave and flag. I have had on person ask to be my friend because of posts/reps and I have actually kept some tabs on this member so sometimes they may not just be asking to be your friend for popularity reasons. It could be that you are popular because you are nice and they would be honoured to have such a nice friend.

I agree, Pat. Since I started posting around the forum more often, I've made a lot more friends. It's not because of the reps/stars/status, but because they see me around the forum more often and would like to be friends.