Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Option to hide conversations

It's a wierd feeling to know that when you are chatting with someone through profile messages, anyone can click the 'View Conversation' button and see what you and the other person have been up to. It would be a nice touch to be able to have the option to hide conversations from everyone except for the other member and the staff.

Yes, people could still track down the messages, but for an online predator, it would be much harder- they wouldn't be able to see the conversation by the click of a button.

So, my idea is to have the option to hide conversations. Not sure if it's an option for vBulletin, but I'm putting the suggestion out here anyway.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Option to hide conversations

Great suggestion, Ave!

Do you remember the thread that I made about not reading others' conversations? I think this sort of goes back to that. I would love this option but couldn't people just go back and forth between their profiles if they want to read them? I know that can be hard, but sometimes you can have a lot of time on your hands. Great suggestion though, and I'd love to see it
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Hiya WI!
Gifted

xoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond repute

Yah, I have to say, it creeps me out a bit, too. I google'd my user (xoxomemexoxo) and a whole conversation I had with someone here came up!!! I was sooo creeped! Even people who are not WI members could see that! This point also goes to the fact that you should NEVER say any personal info..
xoxomemexoxo is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
ho's your daddy
Webkinz :)

daddywebkinz is a name known to alldaddywebkinz is a name known to alldaddywebkinz is a name known to all

Donation Award 

I don't think there is an option to hide it but you could always send a PM!!! But I agree because if you have several conversations going on it is tough!!
daddywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
WhiteTerrierFan

That would be a nice option. I always thought it was a little weird to have that option to begin with. That's why it's always better to PM people for the important stuff instead. It would definitely be much harder for someone to read it all if they couldn't click that, especially if the people have been talking for a while.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 AM   #6
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

A big thanks to all of you.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #7
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

I think that'd be a great option! I know some people get curious, and just read other people's convos .... which is kinda stalkerish, if you ask me. I don't see why anyone would want to read in on other people's conversations, but they do. So if you have something really important to talk about, just send via PM.
Hmm ... I usually use my View Conversation to reply to my VMs, it's just easier to reply to. I like how you suggested only the staff and the other person could view it!
Nice suggestion, well-thought out! Rep & WI Bucks!

~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Well....this would be a great idea,as long as mods and admins could still see what your talking about
Rep.
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #9
Falling for
Webkinz :)

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
That would be a nice option. I always thought it was a little weird to have that option to begin with. That's why it's always better to PM people for the important stuff instead. It would definitely be much harder for someone to read it all if they couldn't click that, especially if the people have been talking for a while.
I thought "view conversation" was only an option for the two people that were talking to each other. It is creepy to think of others' reading it. Thanks for the warning - if I have anything really personal I'll continue to send PM's like I always have.

But I do like the option. Sometimes I can't remember every detail of every discussion of every friend I've talked to. It's nice to go back and fact check if necessary.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:39 AM   #10
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Thank you everyone, I agree, it's a creepy feeling.
Closed