Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Open mike posts idea

I know a lot of people probably won't like this, but I was thinking it might be a good idea to have open mike posts not count towards total post count, since they don't usually count towards becoming gifted anyway. This way only the really meaningful posts will count [somewhat]. I don't know if anybody agrees, but I was wondering your opinion on it.
-WhiteTerrierFan
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Open mike posts idea

I agree! Some people just post in the Open Mike (Mostly in the DCT) just to Spam and get their posts up. But some posts do count in Open Mike because some people might be sharing their good report card grades, or maybe sharing what they got for Christmas or something, and people post to say "Congrats!"... so maybe only the posts in the DCT could not be counted in your total posts.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam
I agree! Some people just post in the Open Mike (Mostly in the DCT) just to Spam and get their posts up. But some posts do count in Open Mike because some people might be sharing their good report card grades, or maybe sharing what they got for Christmas or something, and people post to say "Congrats!"... so maybe only the posts in the DCT could not be counted in your total posts.
That's a great idea, as well. I know what you mean. I wonder if maybe DCT posts could have like a separate post count or something.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
montanarose9

Yep. You are right. But I stoped making "fluff" posts because a lot of my posts were "fluffy". I went to the DCT to wish everyone a Happy Christmas and Merry Hannakah! But you are right, some posts are short, and include "~tenletterrule~" in them. I think DCT posts should not count to your total posts.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by montanarose9
Yep. You are right. But I stoped making "fluff" posts because a lot of my posts were "fluffy". I went to the DCT to wish everyone a Happy Christmas and Merry Hannakah! But you are right, some posts are short, and include "~tenletterrule~" in them. I think DCT posts should not count to your total posts.
thanks for posting your opinion! I agree with everything you just said! (:
Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

I somewhat agree with you. I get your point yes, that open mike posts are usually not very helpful or important, and I think that it is a very helpful Idea, but still, some posts on there are important. Plus, imagine the Chaos that would happen if all those DCTers [I know, I'm guilty too] realized that they had to work extra hard for a post?

I like the idea a lot, I just think it would cause to much trouble.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
webkin1cutie

webkin1cutie is on a distinguished road

I dont think webkinzinsider can do that like get posts from everything and not one little area. Also then some people who take the time to right really good big messeages it would not be fair. That is just my opinon
webkin1cutie is offline Female
Old 12-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #8
luv14webkinz

i think this would be good, but have a different post count under our names also
Old 12-27-2008, 11:30 AM   #9
Don't mess with us

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

I disagree, When I'm on the DCT I uasually make igger post and start a conversation. The DCTers that are used to the OM section might not exactly like that..Just my opinion though.
oon23 is offline Female
Old 12-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #10
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by webkin1cutie
I dont think webkinzinsider can do that like get posts from everything and not one little area. Also then some people who take the time to right really good big messeages it would not be fair. That is just my opinon
It's possible to change the settings on vBulletin to have posts in a certain section not count. They've done it before.
Closed