Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #11
ツ JenKittyCat
 
cocoabean's Avatar
cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

I think it's a good idea if people can't hotlink to anything that you post either... A lot of what I post as far as graphics or pics I host on my own webspace and several times I've had people just copy and paste it without my permission. It's not like I made a lot of it, but I copy it to my computer and then upload it to my own webspace like the websites where I get the stuff say to!!!

Hotlinking isn't allowed on WI (or just about anywhere for that matter). But I know a lot of the time people don't even realize what they are doing is wrong. But I don't know how this could be controlled...

I have had to flag posts where my stuff was copied and the mods can disable the links... but if someone copies your original graphix from your avvie or siggy then saves and uploads them as their own that's really annoying.
cocoabean is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 AM   #12
Webkinz :)
 
Pandora's Box's Avatar
Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

View Post Originally Posted by S.O.S.Star
Thankyou Pandora! That was really nice of you!
no problemo! You deserve it!!!

---------- Pandora's Box added 4 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by cocoabean
I think it's a good idea if people can't hotlink to anything that you post either... A lot of what I post as far as graphics or pics I host on my own webspace and several times I've had people just copy and paste it without my permission. It's not like I made a lot of it, but I copy it to my computer and then upload it to my own webspace like the websites where I get the stuff say to!!!

Hotlinking isn't allowed on WI (or just about anywhere for that matter). But I know a lot of the time people don't even realize what they are doing is wrong. But I don't know how this could be controlled...

I have had to flag posts where my stuff was copied and the mods can disable the links... but if someone copies your original graphix from your avvie or siggy then saves and uploads them as their own that's really annoying.
ThAnks for posting!!!


I do agree with what you said... And most members don't know it's not allowed,amd it is hard to control.

Last edited by Pandora's Box; 02-26-2009 at 01:59 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #13
ツ JenKittyCat
 
cocoabean's Avatar
cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

I like how you added the Made by Pandora to your pic!!! Good Idea!
cocoabean is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #14
Webkinz :)
 
Pandora's Box's Avatar
Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

View Post Originally Posted by cocoabean
I like how you added the Made by Pandora to your pic!!! Good Idea!
Thanks!!! I can't quite take credit for the idea though, S.O.S. Star gave me the idea on the first page post!
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #15
Webkinz :)
 
ACMETEAM's Avatar
ACMETEAM will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

Fortunately I have never encountered anyone trying to use my sig or avvie (some may think who would? LOL)... I did have help but I did make them myself... I am going to add my name on them though to protect them... Thanks for the great idea... PEACE!!! ACMETEAM.
ACMETEAM is offline Male
Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #16
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru
 
gReTa's Avatar
gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

I agree with you....although no one ever takes my pics....it's stealing.

Sadly, nothing keeps a member from doing right click+save as...unless WI becomes run in Flash.
gReTa is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #17
ill PM
Gift Guru
 
Ergoiam's Avatar
Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 
Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

I really do not have a clue how you make any of these, but I think that it is unfortunate that someone would take your work as their own without asking, perhaps if you made a thread to go along with this telling people how to do this it would help stop the problem. However, I certain that I have seen threads offering to make items for other members, so that makes it even sadder that someone would do this. I think naming your work is a good idea and after all signing something that you have put so much time and effort into is not bragging it is just the icing on the cake to the finished product.

Last edited by Ergoiam; 02-26-2009 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: spelling
Ergoiam is offline
Old 02-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #18
Falling for
Webkinz :)
 
GrandBlancGirls's Avatar
GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

View Post Originally Posted by cocoabean
I think it's a good idea if people can't hotlink to anything that you post either... A lot of what I post as far as graphics or pics I host on my own webspace and several times I've had people just copy and paste it without my permission. It's not like I made a lot of it, but I copy it to my computer and then upload it to my own webspace like the websites where I get the stuff say to!!!

Hotlinking isn't allowed on WI (or just about anywhere for that matter). But I know a lot of the time people don't even realize what they are doing is wrong. But I don't know how this could be controlled...

I have had to flag posts where my stuff was copied and the mods can disable the links... but if someone copies your original graphix from your avvie or siggy then saves and uploads them as their own that's really annoying.
You bring up a very important point about copyright infringement. I have gotten avies from websites with explicit legal agreements that the image I dowload is to be used only by myself. I had no idea people were doing this!! I would suggest that the moderators do a special thread on this subject reminding members that they should NOT copy other people's images. (Especially, when it comes to properties like Disney characters!) People may not realize it, but you are stealing someone's creativity and hardwork, and in some cases, may be breaking the law! I think putting your name on your avie and sig is a great idea, and the best defense against this. I don't know how to put my name on an image so I'll guess I'll be paying a visit to Pandora's shop right after I give her REP for this great thread!!! Thank you for telling me about this problem!
GrandBlancGirls is offline
Old 02-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
uvs the weim
Webkinz :)
 
SOSO910's Avatar
SOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

I agree. This has happened to me and I was so angry and sent them a pm about it, but tried to put it in a nice way. They sent me a mean pm back, and I was totally offended.
SOSO910 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #20
Webkinz :)
 
Pandora's Box's Avatar
Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Ooooh! I just had an idea that I think some members will quite like! ;D

View Post Originally Posted by ACMETEAM
Fortunately I have never encountered anyone trying to use my sig or avvie (some may think who would? LOL)... I did have help but I did make them myself... I am going to add my name on them though to protect them... Thanks for the great idea... PEACE!!! ACMETEAM.
Okay, that's good. That's a good idea your put your name on them.

Oh, and I love them btw. xD

---------- Pandora's Box added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Ergoiam
I really do not have a clue how you make any of these, but I think that it is unfortunate that someone would take your work as their own without asking, perhaps if you made a thread to go along with this telling people how to do this it would help stop the problem. However, I certain that I have seen threads offering to make items for other members, so that makes it even sadder that someone would do this. I think naming your work is a good idea and after all signing something that you have put so much time and effort into is not bragging it is just the icing on the cake to the finished product.
Very good points, I will keep that in mind...

---------- Pandora's Box added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by SOSO910
I agree. This has happened to me and I was so angry and sent them a pm about it, but tried to put it in a nice way. They sent me a mean pm back, and I was totally offended.
Oh, did they say something mean?

---------- Pandora's Box added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by GrandBlancGirls
You bring up a very important point about copyright infringement. I have gotten avies from websites with explicit legal agreements that the image I dowload is to be used only by myself. I had no idea people were doing this!! I would suggest that the moderators do a special thread on this subject reminding members that they should NOT copy other people's images. (Especially, when it comes to properties like Disney characters!) People may not realize it, but you are stealing someone's creativity and hardwork, and in some cases, may be breaking the law! I think putting your name on your avie and sig is a great idea, and the best defense against this. I don't know how to put my name on an image so I'll guess I'll be paying a visit to Pandora's shop right after I give her REP for this great thread!!! Thank you for telling me about this problem!
Thank you very much.

I agree 1000%. Because if you take someone else's avvie or siggy they made, who knows how long they spend time on it (like me, I usually spend a lot of time on mine, like on the sig I am using now).

Thanks again!

Last edited by Pandora's Box; 02-26-2009 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts