Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
The Family Business
Webkinz :)

sweettart170 is the bees knees!sweettart170 is the bees knees!sweettart170 is the bees knees!sweettart170 is the bees knees!sweettart170 is the bees knees!sweettart170 is the bees knees!sweettart170 is the bees knees!

Default Re: One word posts=Spam!

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
I don't think this is spam.. It's FLUFF

These are two different things. Fluff posts are just posts that like say when you do reply to a poll and it's an outfit poll and you say "NOOONEEE" or something like that, it's FLUFF. Spam would be like advertising something or going totally off topic, like on an outfit poll saying "I HAVE PIZZA FOR SALE".

So one worded posts are NOT spam, but they wouldn't count towards your GE application, that's for sure. I think you just had fluff and spam mixed up.
Exactly. There is a big difference between Fluff and Spam. I see fluff all the time: DCT, Rp, Pollz, A/S. But Spam... not so much.
sweettart170 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #12

kitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

I agree (:
kitkat20 is offline Male
Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by cuteforpop
I don't think this is spam.. It's FLUFF

These are two different things. Fluff posts are just posts that like say when you do reply to a poll and it's an outfit poll and you say "NOOONEEE" or something like that, it's FLUFF. Spam would be like advertising something or going totally off topic, like on an outfit poll saying "I HAVE PIZZA FOR SALE".

So one worded posts are NOT spam, but they wouldn't count towards your GE application, that's for sure. I think you just had fluff and spam mixed up.
That is 100% correct.

Basically, exactly what I said, just reworded.
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #14
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Moonbow
Many people do not notice that One word posts ARE most definitely spam, they do not mean anything to the forum, they will be counted as fluff and we DO NOT need them, that includes spacing out a word like 'no' with it's punctuation or another word that is 1-5 letters, the post you make needs to have something to do with the topic, even at DCTs with the topic you are replying to. With polls too, so if you don't like any outfits in lets say, an outfit poll, say 'None, not my taste.' instead of 'None.'.

Please do not say that it isn't, because it is, I have gotten confirmation by a moderator (of a different insider) that it most definitely is.
Not all are...some are...but not all...and that is why we have the DCT...one word may indeed be Fluff in some cases...but not necessarily is it always SPAM...hope this helps...
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #15
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_girlyx0
That is 100% correct.

Basically, exactly what I said, just reworded.
Oh, sorry!

I didn't read the other posts before I posted
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #16
megan daisy.

CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!CityCat is the cats pajamas!

Nope LOL and HaHa fit in nicely when somebody said something funny. If you said something fnny and somebody just said That very funny it could be taken as sarcasm or just plain mean. I agree it is fluff but not SPAM!
CityCat is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #17
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Well, a few things to cover. If you put something like "LOL" or a smiley responding to a quote, it is just fluff. Like cute said, in the DCT's people do that, but it is fluff. If they try to apply for something (GE), and have 100 fluff posts and 5 good posts, then, they will most likely not get accepted. Because they did fluff. LOL

Spam... in any situation:

----fksdjksdjfksdjfklsd---
--- ---
--- or anything inapropriate ---
---Go to my Website! _______________---
---excessive posting on a thread--- (like, you made 5 replies of all HI HI HI HI HI)
-- anything off topic to the thread they are replying to

**spam should be flagged and deleted

Fluff:
(this should only really be used on Polls, DCTs, congratulating threads, etc...)

---LOL---
---any type of smiley--- (used mainly for replying quotes that may be funny, sad, etc.)
---Really?---
---Hi!--
---Congratulations--- ((for replying on a thread where someone acomplished something))
-- as long as they are replying something related to the topic, I believe it should be okay

or.. with polls...

--All--
--None--
---One, Two, etc.---

**fluff is not considered spam, as long as you are using it in the right way. but it is not good if you are applying for things.

But, an exception... If you post LOL! on a thread that is talking about getting a new dog or something, it would be spam.

Quote:
Please do not say that it isn't, because it is, I have gotten confirmation by a moderator (of a different insider) that it most definitely is.
Different insiders have different regulations.

Last edited by Quack Quack; 07-27-2010 at 10:08 PM..
Old 07-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #18
I'M A FREE SPIRIT
Moonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
Well, a few things to cover. If you put something like "LOL" or a smiley responding to a quote, it is just fluff. Like cute said, in the DCT's people do that, but it is fluff. If they try to apply for something (GE), and have 100 fluff posts and 5 good posts, then, they will most likely not get accepted. Because they did fluff. LOL

--- ---
---excessive posting on a thread--- (like, you made 5 replies of all HI HI HI HI HI)

Fluff:
(this should only really be used on Polls, DCTs, congratulating threads, etc...)

---LOL---
---any type of smiley--- (used mainly for replying quotes that may be funny, sad, etc.)
---Really?---
---Hi!--
---Congratulations--- ((for replying on a thread where someone acomplished something))
-- as long as they are replying something related to the topic, I believe it should be okay

or.. with polls...

--All--
--None--
---One, Two, etc.---

**fluff is not considered spam, as long as you are using it in the right way. but it is not good if you are applying for things.

But, an exception... If you post LOL! on a thread that is talking about getting a new dog or something, it would be spam.

But 'spam' is defined the same for all. Why would you not allow someone to post one type of spam when another is allowed to?
Moonbow is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #19
Harry S is a bunny!

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Moonbow
But 'spam' is defined the same for all. Why would you not allow someone to post one type of spam when another is allowed to?
No, sorry, as other people said, spam and fluff are different things.
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #20
Mhig

mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!mhig is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack

--- ---

Fluff:

---LOL---
---Really?---
---Hi!--

or.. with polls...

--All--
--None--
---One, Two, etc.---

250% Agreeed!!!!
mhig is offline Female
Closed