Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Default Is it ok to report these kind of posts?

I had a few questions on what should be flagged and what shouldn't.
Like, I know if you have a breaking news story or whatever, it should be flagged to get the mod/admin's attention so it could be mentioned on the front page/stickied, and if it's offensive or whatnot. What about these posts?

a. when you KNOW there's a club about that post, and it should be discussed there 'omg did u hear the new miley song' 9these examples are totally made up, not impersonating anyone)

b.when there's another post just like that person's and someone else made it first, for example one person makes a christmas thread then another makes one.

c. when people use those outrageously neon colors and it's totally unreadable and frustrating.

If anyoen could answer that would be totally helpful!
icecube730 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: Is it ok to report these kind of posts?

You could report #1 and #2, but as far as neon colours are concerned, that's a matter of personal choice of the person posting. Either high-light it for easier reading, or skip over it.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
Seatrout
Webkinz :)

StyleQueenCara is a splendid one to beholdStyleQueenCara is a splendid one to beholdStyleQueenCara is a splendid one to beholdStyleQueenCara is a splendid one to behold

i would say one and two also! good thread!
StyleQueenCara is offline Female
Old 10-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Color my world
Banned
crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!crystal00000 is the cats pajamas!

I believe you report
Innapropriate, breaking news, duplicate, image edited posts

or one that has someone with an innapropriate A/S too!
crystal00000 is offline Female
Old 10-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Hmm .... well, I think it's ok. Flagging doesn't always mean reporting something, sometimes people use it cuz it's a quicker way to reach mods, than VM or PMing. As long as no one's abusing the use or anything, I think it should be fine.
But just a suggestion - for like, color text issues, I'd just suggest asking that member to fix it, instead of having a mod change it - might save some of their time.
I believe duplicate threads aren't allowed, so flagging that should be fine - I doubt they'd get in any trouble for it.

Hope I helped! =]
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 10-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

thanks everyone!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

I agree with webkinzluver -- remember that flagging doesn't always mean you are tattling, or getting someone in trouble. It just means that you recognize it might be better to let someone else decide how an issue is best handled.

That said, I wish we could encourage you to flag the neon colors -- they give me a headache when I'm trying to read something! But, everyone has their own preferences in that regard.

Great question!
JacksMom is offline Female
Old 10-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #8

birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!

Yea, you should flag to get attention for good things like breaking news that hasnt been heard about yet on WI.

If you know there is a club on a specific topic already, or if you look for another, you can flag it and a mod will talk to that person.

If there are 2 threads saying "Merry Christmas" or something, i have nothing wrong with it, but that is up to the staff.

And like JacksMom said, neon colors are their choice. You can highlight them to see them, or just skip over it.

Hope i helped!

~Luke
birthdayman98 is offline Male
Old 10-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by JacksMom
I agree with webkinzluver -- remember that flagging doesn't always mean you are tattling, or getting someone in trouble. It just means that you recognize it might be better to let someone else decide how an issue is best handled.

That said, I wish we could encourage you to flag the neon colors -- they give me a headache when I'm trying to read something! But, everyone has their own preferences in that regard.

Great question!
I've always wondered about those neon colors- really, it could be the best post ever, change my life, make me sob and beg forgiveness to someone, whatever... and I can't even read it! But, like others have said, it's someone's personal preference, and it's half my cruddy computer, so whatevers.

Thanks! Rep all around
Old 10-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
\m/
Webkinz :)

musicislife666 has disabled reputation

^^^They basically said it all, but when reading colors like this, i just highlight over it with my mouse, then I can see it clearly!
~Aubrey:]
musicislife666 is offline Female
Closed