Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #11
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

Default Re: Notification when someone reply's

i like how you thought of the idea, but i just think it would be too much. ;/
i'm always at the DCT, so if i kept getting a PM for every time somebody replied/posted on it, my inbox would be filled in a second. i would have to keep emptying it out. getting all of those PMs would be rather annoying to some people, too. ;/
you can just subscribe to the thread & check back to see when people post.
AsH xO is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #12
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

I don't know if it's possible or not... but I don't think we need it. We can check our threads daily and then know if someone replies or not.

Good idea though!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 03-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

I am not sure if vBulletin has that option, but good idea
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #14
Webkinz :)

brtswim knows the way
brtswim knows the way

You can always edit your options to subscribe to that thread to see if there is any new posts, or edit your options so when someone posted you will receive an email. But I agree, there should be a button or something to help us. However, it might get confusing for programmers when people want to check multiple threads, in my opinion.
brtswim is offline Female
Old 03-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #15
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

I suggested this two, and I was told that if people were to use the DCT, it would get overwhelming, etc. Nice idea though!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:07 AM   #16
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I'm pretty sure you can get an email sent to you. But I'm not 100% positive on that one, though.
But, I don't think you can get a PM. There are so many threads and members that I'm sure it would either crash, mess up, or just completely not be possible..
Subscribing would be the best way to go You can just go to your subscriptions and if there's a new post on a thread it will be bolded!
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #17
GO SAINTS!!!!
Gifted

evlangelfire89 is just really niceevlangelfire89 is just really nice

I am subscribed to many but for some reason they are not always bolded when there is a new post... perhaps it's just my computer... how do I set it to send email to me? I've never seen this option on here...
evlangelfire89 is offline Female
Old 03-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #18
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

Well, maybe, but it's probably not possible. Plus, if someone is playing your game that is really popular, it may be annoying/slow down your computer.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #19
GO SAINTS!!!!
Gifted

evlangelfire89 is just really niceevlangelfire89 is just really nice

what if you could turn the email's/pm on/off depending on the subscription... like have ur trade thread send u notifs but not ur DCT one?
evlangelfire89 is offline Female
Old 04-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #20
Steelers Nation
Gifted

webkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
Maybe.. but could you have an off setting? I don't like how facebook does that. And I don't want it really doing it here, cuz I already check my stuff and I have a lot of threads open, at once. Sorry. But it's a really nice idea for some people, though.
View Post Originally Posted by shadowsown88
They have that option for threads, but it doesn't PM you, it emails you. (The frequency of this can be changed by going to advanced editing for one of your posts in that thread and scrolling down to the notification method pop-up box, and the options include not at all.) As for sending an actual PM, that'd be awesome (as long as we could turn it off! xD). :3 I'd love to see that.
View Post Originally Posted by AsH xO
i like how you thought of the idea, but i just think it would be too much. ;/
i'm always at the DCT, so if i kept getting a PM for every time somebody replied/posted on it, my inbox would be filled in a second. i would have to keep emptying it out. getting all of those PMs would be rather annoying to some people, too. ;/
you can just subscribe to the thread & check back to see when people post.
View Post Originally Posted by MarielofRedwall
I don't know if it's possible or not... but I don't think we need it. We can check our threads daily and then know if someone replies or not.

Good idea though!
I think this sums it up perfectly. You can receive emails, but I think it would be a bit much... I just use the 'My Threads' and then I click on the threads that are bolded, which means they have new responses! Hope this ****s.
WC1(:
webkinzchick1 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cloverpuppy10:d, kumori sundavhor was here