Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #21
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 
Default Re: Notification before thread closes due to inactivity

Really great idea, Ave! I hope it's possible.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

13nattjo has disabled reputation

This is a Great Idea! I have had a few clubs that i have got profile messages about that they would join but your club was closed. This is a fansastic idea! [REP]
13nattjo is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #23
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Great Idea!

That would definately help. Then you don't go through the forum for an hour, only to find your thread is closed. It would be very helpful. You have a fabulous brain. xD

peaceout
-Carlyy<3
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #24
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Hola ! Hmm, I am liking this idea, but not sure if it's possible

I'm not entirely sure, would have to ask a mod, but I think you can ask for a thread to be reopened if it was just due to timing, if you want to add something to it (like housez, my pets, etc. threads)

IF a mod sees this post, and you have a moment, could you PM me to let me know if we can request certain threads to be reopened, cause I would like to know, thanks !

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I love this idea! This would be especially useful for GEs. Rep to you!

---------- Dogluver620 added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

I have to spread it around first I'll give you one later!
I'm pretty sure that GEs close @ exactly 2 weeks ... so if you keep that in mind, just make sure to bump it (allowed only at GEs) maybe at like, 10 days
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #25
Gift Guru

MommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roostMommaB rules the roost

all threads close in 2 weeks due to inactivity. not just the GE's.
as for notification? I am no techie, so I am not sure it is possible or not. [ sorry I know not a lot of help there lol ]
But like Sno said, if a thread does close, and it's yours and you would like to have it re-opened yes, you can pm a staff member that is on to re-open it for you .
Old 02-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #26
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by MommaB
all threads close in 2 weeks due to inactivity. not just the GE's.
as for notification? I am no techie, so I am not sure it is possible or not. [ sorry I know not a lot of help there lol ]
But like Sno said, if a thread does close, and it's yours and you would like to have it re-opened yes, you can pm a staff member that is on to re-open it for you .
Thanks MommaB !

I only knew for sure about GEs, I assumed the others were 2 weeks too but haven't paid attention
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 02:09 AM   #27
crosses
Gift Guru

crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!

Wonderful idea!!! I always feel so bad when I have to contact a mod to reopen it for me.
crosses is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #28
Webkinz :)

rodsbaby is just really nicerodsbaby is just really nice

i am impressed ave greeeeat idea!! thanks reps for you
rodsbaby is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 04:41 AM   #29
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

I'm pretty sure this would not be practical - it would mean the server going through every thread, determining how long it has been since someone posted and then PMing - a lot of server activity for something that you can do by yourself easily.

If you want to check your own threads - click on MY POSTS, then MY THREADS

You will see a list of all the threads you opened - sorted by the date of the last message - scroll down the list and if you see one that is over a week since the "last message" that you want to keep open then go ahead and "bump" it.

If you make a habit of doing this on the same day each week then none of your threads will ever be more than one week since the last post - and you will never have to ask for a thread to be opened.

Simple - and no cost to WI.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #30
Look world I'm
Gift Guru

marileemed is just really nicemarileemed is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
Great idea! I would really love for them to have something like this.
It would certainly help so I don't have to ask mods to open it again when it gets closed.
Just gave you rep, looks like you got a new box. (:
I agree with White Terrier Fan,

It is definitely a great idea. I don't like bothering the mods...they are so busy... But always very helpful. But if you knew in advance, like the others said maybe you can go in there and post to keep it open and not bother the mods.

Jarrah is right that is how I do it. But if I am unable to get on for a while....it still wouldn't matter...I guess it would be a lot of work for the server.
marileemed is offline Female
Closed

Tags
mouse noms on tags