Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #31
WebkinzLuver04

Default Re: No telling ages please

View Post Originally Posted by wtmmr5
i promise to not tell ages. but i have a question, if you say your a teen or younger, does that count as telling your age?
No.
It shouldn't because an age is Like numbers saying the years you've been alive.
Teen,Tween,Kid, Adult, is not telling an age but it does give an idea.
Teen 13-18
Tween- 9-12
Kid 8-1
Adult 19+
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #32
mirandaxoxo

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzLuver04
I think the age rule is dumb. I mean it's not personal to say " I am __ years old " It's not saying MY ADRESS IS ____. I think it should be allowed. I mean like, saying I'm __ doesn't mean pople can find u by knowing their age.
It's to keep everyone safe. Sure, you're not telling your address or anything, but it's still important. You could still be tracked down by your age, like if you have a really uncommon name, etc. It's not a dumb rule, it's a great one to keep this community fun and friendly and completely safe.

No.
It shouldn't because an age is Like numbers saying the years you've been alive.
Teen,Tween,Kid, Adult, is not telling an age but it does give an idea.
Teen 13-18
Tween- 9-12
Kid 8-1
Adult 19+
No, you are not allowed to give away the age group you are in, either. If a mod/admin sees it, they will immediately edit your post. Saying if you're a teen, child, etc. could possibly give away your age if someone takes a good guess or something. You are not allowed to say what school branch you are in either, e.g. high school, etc.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #33
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

View Post Originally Posted by wtmmr5
i promise to not tell ages. but i have a question, if you say your a teen or younger, does that count as telling your age?
This would be fine:
I am an adult.
I am a kid.
I am older than I should be, playing webkinz.

I think that would be OK. Mods allow you to say adult, grandparent, parent, kid, ect
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #34
I'm A Christian Girl
Webkinz :)

wtmmr5 has a brilliant futurewtmmr5 has a brilliant futurewtmmr5 has a brilliant futurewtmmr5 has a brilliant futurewtmmr5 has a brilliant future

ok. thanks everyone!
wtmmr5 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #35
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

You should flag if anyone gives away ages or personal info.

You could also feel ackward becuase someone could be 15 and their best freind on here is 8 or 9. It would feel ackward from then on out.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #36
horan's bed
Gift Guru

stormypanda is sweet stuff
stormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuff

I've seen a lot of this lately too, I also saw a few "My address is 'blank'", I flagged those posts as soon as I could. I think some people don't even read the rules too carefully!

I think the age rule is dumb. I mean it's not personal to say " I am __ years old " It's not saying MY ADRESS IS ____. I think it should be allowed. I mean like, saying I'm __ doesn't mean pople can find u by knowing their age.
It is not a 'dumb' rule, even if they don't know your address, they could still track you down and do something bad to you. And like WebkinzFanofFun says, its needed to keep this online community safe for people of all ages.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #37
WebkinzLuver04

View Post Originally Posted by Miranda ♥
It's to keep everyone safe. Sure, you're not telling your address or anything, but it's still important. You could still be tracked down by your age, like if you have a really uncommon name, etc. It's not a dumb rule, it's a great one to keep this community fun and friendly and completely safe.

No, you are not allowed to give away the age group you are in, either. If a mod/admin sees it, they will immediately edit your post. Saying if you're a teen, child, etc. could possibly give away your age if someone takes a good guess or something. You are not allowed to say what school branch you are in either, e.g. high school, etc.
People cannot track you down by knowing your age. Omg big deal. It's not like saying [EXAMPLE]: I live in LA, California. I'm 16 and I go to ---- High School. [<- t was an example]
So, saying ^ people may be able to. But saying your [example] 16. People can't find you. There are millons of people that are 16, so you possibly couldn't track you down.

It still would be safe. People cant find you knowing your age.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #38
Gifted

CalleyCo knows the way
CalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the way

Yeah! I've been seeing this a lot too, especially on the calendar!
CalleyCo is offline Female
Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #39
Call me Dianna!
Webkinz :)

Demi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all around

You can only say if you are a kid or adult. No teens, tweens, etc.
Demi is offline Female
Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #40
luv14webkinz

yes, this is against the rules, and like cows and a lot of people said, you can always flag it. i do not mean to scare anybody, but you do not want anybody finding that out, along with other information like your last name, phone number, address, ect. thank you for bringing this back up!
Closed