Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #51

Macawmama is on a distinguished road

Default Re: "No offense" discussion

Well, I took care to make sure that I was calm before I posted.

---------- Macawmama added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

luvwebbies, Rep point for you! That is right! Not to brag, I think of myself as being one of the higher up people when it comes to expressing myself on a keyboard! LOL. So most of my posts have something else than 'No offense' posted.

Last edited by Macawmama; 03-04-2008 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #52
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

Another thought that came to mind: We have a lot of different age groups here on WI....and perceptions of a phrase like "no offense" are probably going to vary by who reads it.

Something like that wouldn't bother me, but it might be perceived as insulting by a younger person.

It might be better if, instead of saying "no offense, to say something like: "I prefer..." In that way, we are offering our opinion, but not setting someone else up for hurt feelings.

---------- luvwebbies added 6 Minutes and 37 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Macawmama
Well, I took care to make sure that I was calm before I posted.

---------- Macawmama added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

luvwebbies, Rep point for you! That is right! Not to brag, I think of myself as being one of the higher up people when it comes to expressing myself on a keyboard! LOL. So most of my posts have something else than 'No offense' posted.
Well, I certainly thank you for the rep; that's very kind.

Words are a funny thing: they have so much power, and can cause so much confusion and misinterpretation, particularly in this age of Internet forums, IMs, PMs, e-mails....

It's almost as if we all must re-learn how to communicate with one another via the keyboard.

And yes, you do express yourself very well! And you are indeed, quite calm!

Last edited by luvwebbies; 03-04-2008 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 03-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #53
same+ilovesoccer642
Gift Guru

mistyheart101 has a spectacular aura about

(sryy but..) no offense but i kinda disagree with you... because like people type something like: THAT IS CRAZY (previous post: I JUST BOUGHT 5 WEBKINZ FOR 20 $ EACH!!) they could think that they were calling them crazy, it is just really how people think when they read the post,, cause i could say that and it would be totally nonoffensive but they think that it is offensive........... so it is really how you read, think, and take things in that make things sound mean and it really truely isnt.......... so i could say something to you (im not) and to me it is not im anyway mean or offensive but to you you would be 'insulted' when the typer really didnt mean it the certain way it just depends how people take things, how they read things, how the words or writin, or how people interpret things.. but that is my PERSONAL opinion

PS: THAT IS IN NOOOOOO WAY WHAT SO EVER TO BE RUDE OR HURTFUL TORWARDS YOU OR ANYONE ON WI!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is just what i think and i have to say
mistyheart101 is offline Female
Old 03-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #54
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by mistyheart101
(sryy but..) no offense but i kinda disagree with you... because like people type something like: THAT IS CRAZY (previous post: I JUST BOUGHT 5 WEBKINZ FOR 20 $ EACH!!) they could think that they were calling them crazy, it is just really how people think when they read the post,, cause i could say that and it would be totally nonoffensive but they think that it is offensive........... so it is really how you read, think, and take things in that make things sound mean and it really truely isnt.......... so i could say something to you (im not) and to me it is not im anyway mean or offensive but to you you would be 'insulted' when the typer really didnt mean it the certain way it just depends how people take things, how they read things, how the words or writin, or how people interpret things.. but that is my PERSONAL opinion

PS: THAT IS IN NOOOOOO WAY WHAT SO EVER TO BE RUDE OR HURTFUL TORWARDS YOU OR ANYONE ON WI!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is just what i think and i have to say
I agree with you one hundred percent, mistyheart--we share the same opinion, just expressed it differently!
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 03-05-2008, 12:14 AM   #55
Izzi Stormheart
Gifted

princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!

Smile Re: "No offense" discussion

I think it all depends on the context that it is written. I see ALOT of flagged "no offense" posts and most of the time the person that wrote it did, in fact write something offensive and they were simply trying to "sugar coat" the cruel or disrespectful thing that they were trying to say.

In many cases, I say if you don't have something nice to say....... move on and find somewhere else to post where you will not hurt anyone's feelings.

Just my opinion..........

no offense............
princesstiara is offline Female
Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 AM   #56
I love being a
Gift Trainee

lovinglizzi has a spectacular aura aboutlovinglizzi has a spectacular aura about

Smile Re: "No offense" discussion

YA well no offense is a really good idea but it might add ofence in some ways
Old 03-05-2008, 12:43 AM   #57
Gifted

tomtom1111 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm I agree, I used to know a freind who would say no offonce in almost every sentance. But her critizen still hurt me.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #58
Izzi Stormheart
Gifted

princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by tomtom1111
hmm I agree, I used to know a freind who would say no offonce in almost every sentance. But her critizen still hurt me.
That is exactly what I am trying to say!
princesstiara is offline Female
Old 03-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #59
jclemence5
Banned
hs014poodle is an unknown quantity at this point

I Agree 50% I Use That But I Really Mean It
Old 03-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #60
Gifted

tomtom1111 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by princesstiara
That is exactly what I am trying to say!
Exactally! :-)
Closed