Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

birdiegirl has a reputation beyond reputebirdiegirl has a reputation beyond reputebirdiegirl has a reputation beyond reputebirdiegirl has a reputation beyond reputebirdiegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: No need to post in all caps!

i think no matter how you type your message it will come across to different people in different ways. there is no way to determine what the other person really means unless you are face to face with them. Emails/texts etc are constantly being misinterpreted.
birdiegirl is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #12

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by GrandBlancGirls
I don't think of all caps as yelling. It's not any different to me than "bold" or "italics". I just view it as something that is very important to the writer that they really want you to hear. At the end of the day, it's all just letters and words to me. But you do have a very interesting opinion on this.
I agree with you 100% on this. : )

And while on WI, people cant tell weather you're mad or excited. (: They cant tell your tone. : ) Please keep THAT in mind. (sorry if you think thats 'poking' LOL xD)
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #13
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by mouse4
Now, looking at that title, in all caps, doesn't it make me seem angry? Or like I'm yelling at you? To me, it does.
When people post their thread titles or make posts using all caps, it's like your being yelled at. For example, let's pretend your new and posted a thread in the wrong section. Would you rather someone posting: HEY! THIS THREAD DOESN'T BELONG HERE! IT GOES IN THE [...] SECTION!
Or: Hey, this goes in the [...] section.

Which seemed friendlier? I think the second one for sure.

And when you make thread titles all caps, it makes you seem desperate for views, or that you're trying to get attention. Ya know what I'm saying?

Instead of doing Caps, do Bold, Italic, or underlined. Or maybe use Font Three if it's important...

Just remember: All caps is internet yelling, and no one likes being yelled at.
I agree. It's only OK if it was by accident like sometimes you press caps lock and it turned caps off,and when you pressed it again it turned caps on again. If you don't get it here's an example:
"dO YOU LIKE CHEESE?" notice how the first letter is not caps?
Rep! Oops! Have to spread some rep around first!

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 04-01-2009 at 03:22 PM..
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
WhiteTerrierFan

I agree, it can make some people feel uncomfortable and make your posts sound angrier than they actually are. You have to remember that you can't hear the tone of someone's voice through the internet, so some people may interpret things like that differently than the original poster meant for them to be interpreted.
It is much easier to just use all lower case or bold if it's something important or italics for extra emphasis. (:
Old 04-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #15
< 33
Banned
mouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Dudeness
Thanks for the advice! c You are VERY right.
Thank you.

View Post Originally Posted by MissSparkle
Lol TexasGirl . . . I don't mind those kind of caps in titles but they make think of Uncle Sam . . . xD. You have a very good point mouse. DON'T POST IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS cause it would seem like you're yelling. Sometimes it's alright to have all caps, cause they don't always mean that you're yelling.
The only time I post in all caps is like one word, not whole posts.
mouse4 is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #16
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: NO NEED TO POST IN ALL caps

Thanks for the reminder mousie!!! Well, I do feel like I'm being yelled at when this happens to me!
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
< 33
Banned
mouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond reputemouse4 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
I agree. It's only OK if it was by accident like sometimes you press caps lock and it turned caps off,and when you pressed it again it turned caps on again. If you don't get it here's an example:
"dO YOU LIKE CHEESE?" notice how the first letter is not caps?
Rep! Oops! Have to spread some rep around first!
I do that sometimes. xD

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
Thanks for the reminder mousie!!! Well, I do feel like I'm being yelled at when this happens to me!
Yeah, I know. Same here.
mouse4 is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #18
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

I don't think Capitals are yelling.
Plus, your post with automatically go to lowercase letters if it's like that anyway.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
Still a

emz360 is a glorious beacon of lightemz360 is a glorious beacon of lightemz360 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree mouse! Posting in all caps in 100% unneccessary.
emz360 is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #20
Call me Mooney! =D

Dolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of lightDolphin Lover12 is a glorious beacon of light

I totally agree, mouse!
Dolphin Lover12 is offline Female
Closed