Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #11
Webkinz :)
 
JustDad's Avatar
JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

To get his thread back on track...

The currrent policy reads: "No discussion of trades made in the Webkinz World Trade Rooms will be allowed on Webkinz Insider"

But does this mean "No Talk of Trading or Trades in any form" or "No Talk about Specific Trades".

The following examples are purely hypothetical and are not actual trades or from specific posts. The intent by these examples is to demonstrate the range of talk observed in posts... While some of the examples obviously violate the policy others do not, for most of the examples I honestly don't know which side of the line they would sit on.

Posts which would obviously be banned:

'Wow - I traded an Apple and got a Swimming Pool'

'I want an Apple. Does anyone have a Pear to Trade?'

Then posts which are various shades of grey area:

"They wanted to trade Shades for an Apple"

"Someone tried to scam me by telling me that a food recipe item was a hot air balloon my pets could ride in"

(we are still talking about specific trades.. the difference is the trade was never completed)

" They wanted to trade an Exclusive for Food."

(now not only did the trade not happen, but also the specifics of the trade has been removed)

"The Trading room is nuts... everyone seems to want to trade food and expects to get rares."

"I went to the trading room today and did some trades. Boy was it Fun!"

(we are still talking about trades... but no longer are we talking about indvidual trades)

"If you plan to trade here's a tip to avoid scams... Keep the WIGEV open in a window and before completeing a trade check the value to see if it fair or not."

(we are still talking about trading.. but we are nolonger talking about what has gone on in the trading room)

Could a moderator please jump in and clarify which would cross the line and which would be acceptable...

Perhaps adding specific examples to the 'No Trade Talk Policy' sticky post would be of benifit to many members. I do not believe that many of those who have posted in violation of this policy intended to do so (I know that it was not my intention).

Last edited by JustDad; 01-22-2010 at 11:17 AM..
JustDad is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
Webkinz :)
 
jazzykinz's Avatar
jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

Well, I don't know where else to ask my questions. Yesterday I posted them in the
~~ WebkinzInsider Official Gift Exchange Information~~ thread because the tread title was Gift Exchange Information and that's what i needed, information, as I had not seen any answers to the questions I had.

Well, imagine my surprise when I returned this morning to that thread expecting to find answers, but instead to find no trace what-so-ever of my post. It was DELETED, by whom? Nobody sent me a pm to say who or even why.

I have a few questions about the WI Gift Exchange and I like to know what I'm getting into before I make a committment.

How much inventory are you expected to have? Where do exchanges take place in WI or in webkinz world? What happens if you don't have anything that anyone wants to trade for? Is there a time limit on your participation? I don't see why I can't get an answer to these questions. They are not about specific trades or anything like that. Very interesting???
jazzykinz is offline Female
Old 01-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru
 
Jennielou's Avatar
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

View Post Originally Posted by jazzykinz
Well, I don't know where else to ask my questions. Yesterday I posted them in the
~~ WebkinzInsider Official Gift Exchange Information~~ thread because the tread title was Gift Exchange Information and that's what i needed, information, as I had not seen any answers to the questions I had.

Well, imagine my surprise when I returned this morning to that thread expecting to find answers, but instead to find no trace what-so-ever of my post. It was DELETED, by whom? Nobody sent me a pm to say who or even why.

I have a few questions about the WI Gift Exchange and I like to know what I'm getting into before I make a committment.

How much inventory are you expected to have? Where do exchanges take place in WI or in webkinz world? What happens if you don't have anything that anyone wants to trade for? Is there a time limit on your participation? I don't see why I can't get an answer to these questions. They are not about specific trades or anything like that. Very interesting???
If you have those questions, either post them in the Somebody help section or PM a Mod. We're happy to answer questions. Your post was deleted because that is the thread for posting to become a GT. Many of your questions are answered on the main post of that thread. And other questions are what the GCs are there to guide you through.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 01-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru
 
Jennielou's Avatar
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

View Post Originally Posted by JustDad
To get his thread back on track...

The currrent policy reads: "No discussion of trades made in the Webkinz World Trade Rooms will be allowed on Webkinz Insider"

But does this mean "No Talk of Trading or Trades in any form" or "No Talk about Specific Trades".

The following examples are purely hypothetical and are not actual trades or from specific posts. The intent by these examples is to demonstrate the range of talk observed in posts... While some of the examples obviously violate the policy others do not, for most of the examples I honestly don't know which side of the line they would sit on.

Posts which would obviously be banned:

'Wow - I traded an Apple and got a Swimming Pool'

'I want an Apple. Does anyone have a Pear to Trade?'

Then posts which are various shades of grey area:

"They wanted to trade Shades for an Apple"

"Someone tried to scam me by telling me that a food recipe item was a hot air balloon my pets could ride in"

(we are still talking about specific trades.. the difference is the trade was never completed)

" They wanted to trade an Exclusive for Food."

(now not only did the trade not happen, but also the specifics of the trade has been removed)

"The Trading room is nuts... everyone seems to want to trade food and expects to get rares."

"I went to the trading room today and did some trades. Boy was it Fun!"

(we are still talking about trades... but no longer are we talking about indvidual trades)

"If you plan to trade here's a tip to avoid scams... Keep the WIGEV open in a window and before completeing a trade check the value to see if it fair or not."

(we are still talking about trading.. but we are nolonger talking about what has gone on in the trading room)

Could a moderator please jump in and clarify which would cross the line and which would be acceptable...

Perhaps adding specific examples to the 'No Trade Talk Policy' sticky post would be of benifit to many members. I do not believe that many of those who have posted in violation of this policy intended to do so (I know that it was not my intention).
It seems to me you pretty much understand what is and isn't allowed. We're not here to coach you on how to trade in the TR, but letting people know what types of scams are out there is acceptable, as long as trade specifics are not being discussed.
"I got a ____ today, woo hoo!" is ok as long as what you traded is not posted.
"I got scammed out of 3 priceless rare retired items!!" is also not allowed.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 01-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #15
Webkinz :)
 
jazzykinz's Avatar
jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou
If you have those questions, either post them in the Somebody help section or PM a Mod. We're happy to answer questions. Your post was deleted because that is the thread for posting to become a GT. Many of your questions are answered on the main post of that thread. And other questions are what the GCs are there to guide you through.
Oh, I am sorry, my bad. How of me to think that a thread titled "WebkinzInsider Official Gift Exchange Information" would be the place to ask a question about the gift exchange. I did pm a mod, but was told I had to apply first, which did not answer anything.

Thank you for trying to help.
jazzykinz is offline Female
Old 01-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #16
Webkinz :)
 
JustDad's Avatar
JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

Based on the feedback from moderators I will sum up my 'new' understanding of the poilcy.

"No discussion of trades made in the Webkinz World Trade Rooms will be allowed on Webkinz Insider"

can be read as

"No Talk about Specific Trades".

Posts along the lines of the following violate the policy.
  • 'Wow - I traded an Apple and got a Swimming Pool'
  • 'I want an Apple. Does anyone have a Pear to Trade?'
  • "I got scammed out of 3 priceless rare retired items!!"
  • "Some expected me to trade Shades for an Apple"
  • "Someone tried to scam me by telling me that a food recipe item was a hot air balloon my pets could ride in"
  • "Someone wanted me to trade an Exclusive for Food."
Posts along the lines of the following are acceptable.
  • "The Trading room is nuts... everyone I try to trade with expects to get rares for regular stuff."
  • "I went to the trading room today and did some trades. Boy was it Fun!"
  • "Beware some scammers are telling people that Poppaballoo recipe food which looks like a balloon is a rare balloon vehicle.
  • "If you plan to trade a good tip to avoid scams is keep the WIGEV open in a window and before completeing a trade and check the value of the items you are trading for to see if it fair or not."
  • "Wow... I just got bunny ears in a trade!"
Basically, to make good posts which do not break the rules:

1) Don't make postings trying to arrange a trade (e.g. I have Bunny Ears, what will you give me for them).

2) Don't talk about specific trades (Getting X for Y) even if you generalize the item this is still not acceptable (i.e. replacing'bunny ears' with 'reitred holiday item' does not make the posting acceptable).

3) You can share your excitment over something you have gotten in a trade (I just got the Rock Star Outfit in the trading room) as long as you don't say what you traded for it (don't add on 'and I only had to give them a bottle of water').

4) You can warn others about scams BUT do not use specific examples (i.e. don't say 'Someone tried to trade me X Food telling me it was a Y Rare' instead warn 'If someone tells you Food X is rare item Y they are trying to scam you)

5) You can share general advice and tips about how to trade, why you trade or why you have stopped trading as long as the comments are general and don't include specific trade examples (as long the advice is consistent with fair trading practices).

Basically, outside the Gift Exchange, avoid talking about actual trades which have (or might have) occured (getting or not getting X for Y) or trades which you wish occured (I have X, does anyone have Y).

If this is correct may I suggest to the moderators add something similar to the above to the sticky post NEW WI POLICY: No Discussion About Trade Room Trades to assist other members in better understanding this policy.
JustDad is offline Male
Old 01-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #17
Gift Guru
 
pinky719's Avatar
pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

yes it gets very confusing at times. i posted saying i got an item i have always wanted, i said what it was but not what i gave them and they deleted my thread!! i also included pics which took me a while and it just got deleted! all that work for nothing!!
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 01-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
ツ JenKittyCat
 
cocoabean's Avatar
cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

View Post Originally Posted by JustDad
I am still confused. Is the policy 'No discussion of trades & the goings on in the trading room' or simply "No discussion of what has been traded or offers to trade."

*****

I was not being critical of the 'trading scams' thread but rather using it as an example of a 'tollerated' thread which would appear to break the 'no talking about trades and trading' policy' and as such open the door giving the impression that this type discussion is allowed.

Perhaps moving this topic to a Wkii or adding a 'Warmimg Header' along lines of:

"Although WI policy bans threads discussing trades and trading, due to the number of scams which take place in the trading room this thread has been allowed as a place to warn others of possible scams.

Please make sure that your posts do not include details of specfici trades. Also, keep discusion of trade scams and trading to thiis thread."

would help make it clear what is 'allowed'.
...

A related concnern which comes to mind with regards to the 'trading scams thread' in particular is iif this thread is as much a blue print for how to scam as a warning to protect against scams.

It would be nice to think that every member of WebKinz World read this thread but we know that is not the case. It would also me nice to assume that everyone who read this thread was well intentioned.

Unfortunately each time a 'new scam' is posted the number of people trying the scam in the trading room sky rockets... I fear that too many are using this thread for ideas as to how to scam.
On Webkinz Insider you are not allowed to discuss ANYTHING about trading outside of our Gift Exchange. You may not discuss Webkinz World trade details at all. You may not arrange to meet people in the trading room. You may not discuss what trades you have made in the trading room even if they were not with WI members. The only trade talk that is allowed on WI is within our own Gift Echange where trades are arranged with other WI members ONLY via Kinzpost.

If you want to tell people about something you may have gotten in the trading room you can post in the "Look what I got" section so people can congratulate you. But NO details may be provided. About the furthest explanation you can make for someone asking "where did you get it?" would be to answer "in the trading room" and leave it at that.

There are several reasons behind this. The MAIN one is that there is absolutely NO trade talk on WI outside of our Gift Exchange. This is a longtime rule that existed even before the trading rooms were opened.
Quote:
The ONLY trade discussion allowed on Webkinz Insider is what takes place inside of the Gift Exchange area. This rule applies to all WI members. The addition of the new Trade Rooms in Webkinz World has not changed this rule. If you are interested in participating in our Gift Exchange area, please check out the Webkinz Insider Official Gift Exchange Information thread, located here: ~~ WebkinzInsider Official Gift Exchange Information~~

Also, no discussion of trades made in the Webkinz World Trade Rooms will be allowed on Webkinz Insider.


Another reason is that there were people posting trades that would be considered scams by our fair gift exchange policy. Both by scammers and by people being scammed. There is nothing that WI can do about Webkinz World trades that take place outside of our GE, however, the generous nature and kind spirit of our members can be taken advantage of with posts like these so we don't allow them at all.

There are a couple of links in my signature with more information on the Gift Exchange.

And here are some links from the rules sticky threads, and the rules and FAQ's of WI...
WebkinzInsider.Com Webkinz Forum - FAQ: The Gift Exchange
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-posting-3999/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ussion-406068/

The scam thread should only list scams that are out there. Such as someone saying a recipe food is a new Superbed or things like that. If you see things other than that please flag it so we can check it.

However, I can clearly see that your concerns about the scam thread being a blueprint are legitimate and there are a bunch of posts regarding WW trades and I will suggest to the rest of the staff that that thread is also about trading and should also not be allowed.

I hope this helps explain things a bit
cocoabean is offline Female
Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
ツ JenKittyCat
 
cocoabean's Avatar
cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

View Post Originally Posted by Ladyt
I have a related question to this topic...

Could some one please tell me why we are not allowed to discuss trade specifics? I'm sure there is a very good reason but at this point it escapes me.
Please see my post above
cocoabean is offline Female
Old 01-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #20
ツ JenKittyCat
 
cocoabean's Avatar
cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: No Discussion of Trades Clarification

I am closing this since all questions appear to be answered The staff is looking at the other thread as well. If anyone has additional questions please PM a staff member
cocoabean is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts